Prospect Info: Bruins Prospects IX - Stay on Subject!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
From what I recall JFK is playing over there this year for personal reasons. I don’t think being away from home is an issue- he left his country long before he had to so he could play college Hawkey in Boston.

I fully expect him to have an NHL career. Maybe here, maybe elsewhere

BronxBruin

Feb 27, 2002
Bronx, NY
Visit site
I think both looked woefully overmatched in the nhl. Frederics mind and body both moved too slow to keep up and jfk was invisible

I agree that Frederic showed very little in his 15 games last year but I disagree on JFK. I thought he improved over his 28 games and was looking pretty comfortable towards the end of his stint.
His 0.32 points/game was better than Kuraly, Backes, Wagner, Acciari, & Nordstrom -- and that's as a 22 year old rookie getting less than 12 minutes of ice time per game.
He would probably be an upgrade to our 4th line right now but I am fine with him spending a year overseas and hopefully coming back when there is less of a logjam in the bottom 6.

Reactions: Estlin

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Which is why I use Semin as my baseline for soft
Well played sir. Fighting is something I like to watch, having grown up with many kinds of martial arts. So I scour the web for that stuff. Here is two you may like. I think Semin (what a terrible name) could learn the body rotation from the first guy and his KO. The 2nd one is just funny and weird and of course russian. Semin may have a Pink belt in this style.

CptxMorgan

Dangerzone
Jul 3, 2008
Lawrence, MA
Well played sir. Fighting is something I like to watch, having grown up with many kinds of martial arts. So I scour the web for that stuff. Here is two you may like. I think Semin (what a terrible name) could learn the body rotation from the first guy and his KO. The 2nd one is just funny and weird and of course russian. Semin may have a Pink belt in this style.

Is Pancrase still open palm strikes only? Maybe he can find a career there. (Jk, they're brutal as hell)

Reactions: Mission ImPastable

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010

I didn't know Semin was a trained MMA fighter, he technique seems honed to a razor sharp cutting edge. Respect to Alex " the Seminator" Semin, after each beatdown of the likes of Ryan Reaves and Evander Kane Paul Heyman will announce his penalty in his best Brock Lesnar promo voice

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Something I consider when seeing the Bruins Farm System trashed on HF and Twitter

25 and under Defense

Grzelcyk ~ 25
Vaakanainen ~ 20
Zech ~ 20
Zboril ~ 22
McAvoy ~ 21
Carlo ~ 22
Andersson ~ 19
Clifton ~ 24
Lauzon ~ 22

Four played in the Stanley Cup Finals

Also the center group size & age concerns

Coyle 6’3” ~ 27
Frederic 6’2” ~ 21
Studnicka 6’2” ~ 20
Beecher 6’3” ~ 18
Kuraly 6’2” ~ 26

They signed drafted players

Steen ~ 21
Shen ~ 20

Brought in

Gaunce ~ 6’2” ~ 25

I get it I’m a baseball/football guy dragged into hockey by hockey loving parents - but they don’t look that old or small where it matters most - down the Middle

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Something I consider when seeing the Bruins Farm System trashed on HF and Twitter

Coyle 6’3” ~ 27
Frederic 6’2” ~ 21
Studnicka 6’2” ~ 20
Beecher 6’3” ~ 18
Kuraly 6’2” ~ 26

I get it I’m a baseball/football guy dragged into hockey by hockey loving parents - but they don’t look that old or small where it matters most - down the Middle

Thanks for this DKH - as always, excellent insight.

What's not to like...

First off, it's near impossible for anyone to rank team prospect pools. Way too many factors to consider. What I can say with certainty is I like what the bruins have built for the future - an accumulation of bigger faster centers and the skilled speedy/intelligent Dmen.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
People worry too much about what people think. I don’t pay attention to the so called experts. They know as much as we do when it comes to predictions. Stats are good but so isn’t the eye test. There is always surprises every year. Technically there shouldn’t be because of the so called experts know everything. I’ll take the local guy going to the minors and watching every game, instead of the guy across Canada trying to get clicks on his website. I’m ok with the prospect pool being low. They don’t need to fill a full team. They need a kid to make it here and there and keep the cycle going.

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016

25 and under Defense

Grzelcyk ~ 25
Vaakanainen ~ 20
Zech ~ 20
Zboril ~ 22
McAvoy ~ 21
Carlo ~ 22
Andersson ~ 19
Clifton ~ 24
Lauzon ~ 22

Coyle 6’3” ~ 27
Frederic 6’2” ~ 21
Studnicka 6’2” ~ 20
Beecher 6’3” ~ 18
Kuraly 6’2” ~ 26

Steen ~ 21
Shen ~ 20

Brought in

Gaunce ~ 6’2” ~ 25

I worry about the playoffs. We need some skilled guy with grit and one who can bang. I think We will play Tampa and washington this year and Vegas. I love this team. I think we need some heavy players. I want the cup

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
I worry about the playoffs. We need some skilled guy with grit and one who can bang. I think We will play Tampa and washington this year and Vegas. I love this team. I think we need some heavy players. I want the cup
That’s quite the prediction. :)

I don’t disagree that the Bruins would face a more difficult road to the Finals if they earn there way there. I can’t wait to see what the season holds. I can’t remember being more enthusiastic at the beginning of a season.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England

Good luck finding a skilled guy with grit and phsicality. They are unicorns.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
They are good

They are balanced

That’s what you want

Reactions: MeisterBruinmaker

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
That’s quite the prediction. :)

I don’t disagree that the Bruins would face a more difficult road to the Finals if they earn there way there. I can’t wait to see what the season holds. I can’t remember being more enthusiastic at the beginning of a season.
Cup or bust. Can’t wait

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Free-agent goalie Kyle Keyser impressing Bruins

“He battles,” said Coach Bruce Cassidy. “It looks like he’s going to be a good one.”

If everything goes according to plan this year for the Bruins, Kyle Keyser will not be seen anywhere near Boston when meaningful games are being played. The varsity goaltending is presumably in good hands with veterans Tuukka Rask and Jaroslav Halak this season.
But if the 20-year-old Keyser, the free agent signee from the Oshawa Generals, continues to play like he has this preseason, it is not hard to picture him on Garden ice in the not-too-distant future.

He relieved Maxime Lagace in the third period and stopped all 18 shots the Hawks threw at him. He exuded confidence, was efficient in his movements and made sure the Hawks were not getting the rebounds they were seeing earlier in the game.

Whether he’s leapfrogged Vladar to be the prospect to share the net in Providence with Lagace or he heads to Atlanta in the East Coast Hockey League (if in fact the Bruins structure it that way) remains to be seen. But he says he’s ready for whatever plans the team has for him.

“You always want to play at the highest level you’re able to,” said Keyser. “For me its just going in and putting in the work every single day, keep my head down and working hard, not saying much, just going in, put my time in and wherever the coaches and management feel I should be slotted, I’m going to go in and work hard and play my game. It doesn’t matter where you put me. I’m going to play my same game and I’m going to keep the puck out of the net. That’s my job.”

bruins4thecup65

Jun 27, 2011

25 and under Defense

Grzelcyk ~ 25
Vaakanainen ~ 20
Zech ~ 20
Zboril ~ 22
McAvoy ~ 21
Carlo ~ 22
Andersson ~ 19
Clifton ~ 24
Lauzon ~ 22

Coyle 6’3” ~ 27
Frederic 6’2” ~ 21
Studnicka 6’2” ~ 20
Beecher 6’3” ~ 18
Kuraly 6’2” ~ 26

Steen ~ 21
Shen ~ 20

Brought in

Gaunce ~ 6’2” ~ 25

Leuko with two goals and a fight the other night with the baby b’s
Let’s see if he can make it a great season down in the farm

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown

25 and under Defense

Grzelcyk ~ 25
Vaakanainen ~ 20
Zech ~ 20
Zboril ~ 22
McAvoy ~ 21
Carlo ~ 22
Andersson ~ 19
Clifton ~ 24
Lauzon ~ 22

Coyle 6’3” ~ 27
Frederic 6’2” ~ 21
Studnicka 6’2” ~ 20
Beecher 6’3” ~ 18
Kuraly 6’2” ~ 26

Steen ~ 21
Shen ~ 20

Brought in

Gaunce ~ 6’2” ~ 25

Amazing you can put together that list and it still doesn’t include The two kids who pulled hat tricks just yesterday and combined for 65 goals last year.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
really disappointed with Senyshyn. this felt like a do or die camp for him and he was pretty invisible. not using the B word yet but it's definitely a bummer because what he projected to be (sort of a right handed Kreider) is something the Bruins really could have used

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
really disappointed with Senyshyn. this felt like a do or die camp for him and he was pretty invisible. not using the B word yet but it's definitely a bummer because what he projected to be (sort of a right handed Kreider) is something the Bruins really could have used

I don't see it that way. I'd say next year is his "do or die" camp.

Now this is under the assumption that he goes back to Providence and is put into a Top 6 role + 1st team PP and PK. If he's back on a 3rd line, I'll start to sour on the potential of him being an NHLer.

Reactions: RussellmaniaKW

Johnny4778

Jan 26, 2006
Post Bergeron and Krejci (and with no idea of trades or picks) I think you are looking at unkown at 1C, Studnicka at 2C and Beecher at 3C,, most likely Kuraly still at 4C, I still think moving Frederic to LW and letting him become an Anderson or Wood is the right move, I know it goes against the perceived philosophy of big, strong and fast down the middle with speed and skill on the wings but I think with his shot, not having to worry too much about defense and his willingness to drive the net Frederic could become a very good top 9 LW.

Marchand-DeBrusk-Frederic-? In a couple years is still a very good left side and today he would bring some size and grit to the wing.
Kuraly going be hear past Bergeron retirement? I see Bergy playing at 40 if health good. Certainly has skill set to play that long.

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012

Sweeney admitted he learned a lot since the 2015 draft. Perhaps one of those lessons was to never draft a lesser player even if he fits better on your roster. Because senyshyns skill set was exactly the type of pro Boston needed/needs. But if he can’t play at the level then it doesn’t really matter that he’s a big fast right shot sniper

Reactions: Lo97 and Blowfish
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad