Prospect Info: Bruins Prospects IX - Stay on Subject!

Discussion in 'Boston Bruins' started by TP, May 28, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whatsbruin

whatsbruin Registered User

Home Page:
    A little research goes a long way.
    Numbers game, with others passing him by.

2. twominute

twominute Registered User

According to the Bruins he wanted to be closer to family. Probably a combination of both. Can't hurt to get a year or two in the SEL.

bbfan419 likes this.
  3. DKH

DKH Registered User

I’m a big time advocate of JFK in Sweden

Gets a chance to play hockey instead of being run over and over in the AHL

Get stronger, develop hockey skills, play against guys interested in playing the game

He’s got a frame of reference in his mind of the NHL pace

I expect him not only back but a good NHL player

bbfan419, Sevendust and Estlin like this.
  4. BruinsFanSince94

BruinsFanSince94 ExpertSince94

Firefighter
    I think JFK is an NHL player in some capacity. I think he'd make a great two way 4th line center some day.

5. Gator Mike

Gator Mike Registered User

Home Page:
  6. Fenian24

Fenian24 Registered User

I'm a big time advocate for him staying in Sweden.

I will amend this in that if there are family issues I completely understand and give him full credit for putting his family over his career.

If there are not family issues and he ran away from the NHL and AHL because he was too soft even for today's version of hockey he can play out his career in a non contact league. What I saw of him in Boston this may well be the issue, he may be softer than Alex Semin without the skill.

The last thing this team needs is another soft player who avoids contact at all costs and looks lost when there is any type off confrontation on the ice.

Very Koko like in taking his ball and going home, but even Koko had more grit than Forsbacka-Karlsson, outside of family issues, zero respect for this player.

Jim likes this.
  7. DKH

DKH Registered User

So you won’t be bidding on his Providence jersey on the web site?

Lo97, BruinsNetwork and SanDogBrewin like this.
  8. Fenian24

Fenian24 Registered User

Probably not, unless it's comes with Swedish citizenship

bb_fan, Spooner st and DKH like this.
  9. rocketdan9

rocketdan9 Registered User

Against the Devils

-Steen and Lauko stood out for me. Imo they will push for the 3rd line LW slot.

-Studnicka looked great in the 3rd period. Multiple scoring chances and nice tying goal late in the game

-Frederic doesnt have skilled set of mittens, but plays a nice bruisin game. 4th liner

-Zboril and Senyshyn. Was not impressed with either. I dont have much optimism.

- Keyser is fun to watch. There is some Timmy/Quick in his game, sprawling around the net like that to stop 2nd chances. Really quick reflexes.

Son of Donegal likes this.
  10. BruinsFanSince94

BruinsFanSince94 ExpertSince94

Firefighter
    It's hilarious how this is your constant JFK take, but he looked a lot better than Frederic, who you drool over because he had a fight his first game.

Bun Cook, Alicat, Lo97 and 4 others like this.
  11. Son of Donegal

Son of Donegal Stay-at-home defenseman with zero upside.

African safari organizer
    Home Page:
    I am OK with Fenian's take on JFK. Charlie Coyle isn't the most physical center either, but he plays a strong game through the neutral zone, excels on the cycle and can dish when needed. I don't think Sweeney and co. drafted JFK with the expectation that he would be a physically dominant center, but he does need to add some jam if he is ever going to find a home in the NHL. If he is able to work on that and add some foot speed, he could be a Euro version of Coyle down the road. Not sure it happens...but the road map is there.

As for Frederic, it's the other way around. He can move and plays with grit. But, he looks like a future 4th line center to me at the NHL level. He just hasn't shown a ton of awareness so far and his stat sheet more or less confirms this. Now, that doesn't mean he can't develop the offensive side of his game. He did it at Wisconsin under Granato. Maybe it's about confidence? Another year in Providence with good wingers could help him. His upside is very TBD.

If we are talking about future 2nd and 3rd line centers, I see more upside in Studnicka, Beecher and even Cameron Hughes. Studnicka just needs to get stronger and continue learning the game. Beecher is going to get top 6 minutes at Michigan and has the frame and speed to make an impact. He also has a bit of bravado in his personality...and that seems to coincide with offensive flair. Cameron Hughes is a bit undersized, but he has the combination of skill, smarts and grit that Frederic and JFK lack. If only he was a bit heavier...and maybe a bit faster.

12. BlackFrancis

BlackFrancis Registered User

After that Flyers game last season, he certainly needs something. I have never seen an NHL player look that afraid during a scrum when no one was even touching him.

13. Fenian24

Fenian24 Registered User

That one really stood out but his complete lack of physical play was pretty evident in every game. I get on Heinen for being boring and a Chexx hockey player but even he will try to look somewhat involved if there is a scum and he will work on the wall a little bit. JFK looks afraid all the time.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2019
  14. Fenian24

Fenian24 Registered User

Post Bergeron and Krejci (and with no idea of trades or picks) I think you are looking at unkown at 1C, Studnicka at 2C and Beecher at 3C,, most likely Kuraly still at 4C, I still think moving Frederic to LW and letting him become an Anderson or Wood is the right move, I know it goes against the perceived philosophy of big, strong and fast down the middle with speed and skill on the wings but I think with his shot, not having to worry too much about defense and his willingness to drive the net Frederic could become a very good top 9 LW.

Marchand-DeBrusk-Frederic-? In a couple years is still a very good left side and today he would bring some size and grit to the wing.

15. Twisted Tales

Twisted Tales H.A.M.

I think it's good for JFK to go back to Sweden, be closer to family and build his game among men. Hopefully, this won't turn into a Carl Soderberg-esq situation where he stays for a longer time.

As for prospects before the season starts, I'm hoping to see a huge push from Bjork (I can definitely see him make the team ahead of the other prospects). And, hopefully, players like Senyshyn, Zboril, Lauzon, Frederic and Lauko continue to chip away.

I think the dark horse will be Oskar Steen. I don't think he'll make the team, but among all the prospects in the organization, I think he will stand out the most. Lauko coming in second.

16. LouJersey

LouJersey Al<3xxx

Mr. Lindsey Pelas
    JFK looks to me like a guy who would rather just play close to home and get paid decently, and I can't fault him for that. I hope he comes back, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

17. LouJersey

LouJersey Al<3xxx

Mr. Lindsey Pelas
    The Lauko-Freddy-Steen line will be a great one in Providence IMO. They all played pretty well vs NJ and they are buzzsaws on the O zone on the forecheck, you can see the Langenbrunner/Pandolfo teachings rub off for sure. I think all well be solid NHL'ers on the bottom two lines.

18. LouJersey

LouJersey Al<3xxx

Mr. Lindsey Pelas
    Watching Studnicka was a pleasure. He's a guy you watch and he just has "it". You can tell he has some real skill just from watching him a little bit, was by far the best forward IMO on Monday. He's a little chippy too. He really went at Subban. Has very good hands around the net, good shot and nice vision.

Fenian24 likes this.
  19. Fenian24

Fenian24 Registered User

Looking forward to watching him tonight.

LouJersey likes this.
  20. Montecristo

Montecristo Registered User

I think both looked woefully overmatched in the nhl. Frederics mind and body both moved too slow to keep up and jfk was invisible

21. Jim

Jim Registered User

Agreed, except nobody is softer than Semin. I’ll always picture his scuffle with Staal. That has got to be the single most embarrassing thing I have ever seen a man do in a game of hockey.

22. Fenian24

Fenian24 Registered User

Which is why I use Semin as my baseline for soft

23. Kalus

Kalus Registered User

Few things make me laugh out loud. This has always been one.

TCB likes this.
  24. neelynugs

neelynugs Registered User

never got the hype with JFK. he thinks the game really well, but seems so vanilla.
    the hockey sense is only thing that really stands out. bottom 6 guy with not much size.

bb_fan and 2yrs2retire like this.
  25. Mission ImPastable

Mission ImPastable Registered User

Kinda like Fitzgerald to me. Shame but it is what it is, the pack is separating itself.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.