Prospect Info: Bruins Prospects IX - Stay on Subject!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Man..

How can you NOT get excited about this kid.

Love everything I've read about him. I really do hope he pans out and if so I think he's going to be an very excitable player that the Bruins fan base will love.

I watched some of the memorial cup and the games I watched he was a major Spark Plug. Always had a jump in his step and seemed to do all the little things that helps your team win.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
So now that the prospects seasons are all over, when do we do another forum vote on top prospects? We waiting for after the draft?

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
So now that the prospects seasons are all over, when do we do another forum vote on top prospects? We waiting for after the draft?
Yeah, I couldn't put my finger on it but it is DEFINITELY the draft holding things up! Actually.... it almost feels like the entire fanbase is preoccupied with something other than the draft or our prospects right now!

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Yeah, I couldn't put my finger on it but it is DEFINITELY the draft holding things up! Actually.... it almost feels like the entire fanbase is preoccupied with something other than the draft or our prospects right now!

Sorry I didn’t realize that taking 5 seconds to vote on a prospect every 2-3 days was such a tall task because people are preoccupied with the team paying and couldn’t possibly multitask! Sorry for thinking to highly of the people in this forum and not thinking people were to simple minded.

There’s also a draft thread that’s 6+ pages deep already and the season isn’t over.

Last edited:

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Sorry I didn’t realize that taking 5 seconds to vote on a prospect every 2-3 days was such a tall task because people are preoccupied with the team paying and couldn’t possibly multitask! Sorry for thinking to highly of the people in this forum and not thinking people were to simple minded.

There’s also a draft thread that’s 6+ pages deep already and the season isn’t over.

It makes sense to wait until after the draft and rookie camp to do the next round of evaluation. You'll likely have 1 new player in the top 10, and rookie camp will be a good chance to see how some of the young players have started to mature physically

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
It makes sense to wait until after the draft and rookie camp to do the next round of evaluation. You'll likely have 1 new player in the top 10, and rookie camp will be a good chance to see how some of the young players have started to mature physically

Agreed I was just asking if we were waiting until after the draft to do it

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
what-does-that-even-mean-jackie-chan-300x195.jpg

;)
All I see are the boobs. :dunno:

Reactions: Estlin and Alicat

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Qualifying offers are due by 5:00 pm on June 25th.

Bruins have 7 players requiring them.

Carlo, McAvoy and Heinen will certainly get theirs.

Decisions on the other 4: Gemel Smith, Ryan Fitzgerald, Peter Cehlarik (all arbitration eligible) and Jakob Forsbacka Karlsson.

Deadline for arbitration: July 5 (players) July 6 (teams)

Reactions: Alicat and Estlin

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005

Decisions on the other 4: Gemel Smith, Ryan Fitzgerald, Peter Cehlarik (all arbitration eligible) and Jakob Forsbacka Karlsson.

Qualify them all,move Cehlarik at the draft,maybe Fitzgerald, figure the rest out later

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002

seems like mid-august is when we usually get that going. do about 20-25 polls and that takes it
up to right around the end of summer.

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
Don’t draft any D-men
Don’t draft any forward under 6’
Try to move Krejci and Backes

duffy

Feb 12, 2006
Or he does something fun like sign duchene
That would be something as Duchesne is a more dynamic player than Kretch and a way better shooter / scorer! Not sure he'd take Kretchy money though and wouldn't be comfortable paying him more at his age and injury history. This Asselin kid they just signed will open some eyes in training camp and may just leap over a bunch of prospects in the A.
You just have to look at Khulman and and Clifton to see that DS doesn't care where you were drafted when he is ready to promote guys.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
What prospects do you think contend for the NHL next year, and who would they replace ?

tough question. we'll see what sweeney does in the next few weeks. guys who i believe are ready:

connor clifton
karson kuhlman
anton blidh
jeremy lauzon

guys who may be ready:

urho vaakanainen
anders bjork
zach senyshyn
trent frederic
jakub zboril

wild cards/longshots:

oskar steen
jack studnicka
jakub lauko
cameron hughes

i think cehlarik will be traded soon.

BruinsNetwork

tough question. we'll see what sweeney does in the next few weeks. guys who i believe are ready:

connor clifton
karson kuhlman
anton blidh
jeremy lauzon

guys who may be ready:

urho vaakanainen
anders bjork
zach senyshyn
trent frederic
jakub zboril

wild cards/longshots:

oskar steen
jack studnicka
jakub lauko
cameron hughes

i think cehlarik will be traded soon.

Still bummed that Hughes missed a lot of time when he was starting to breakthrough. Wouldn’t be surprised to see Cehlarik get attached to Backes in a trade.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

Was Gemel Smith a part of the black aces? Because if he wasn't, that's probably a sign he isn't getting qualified.

JFK will get a QO (why wouldn't they, it would be foolish to non-tender him now with him going back to Sweden). Cehlarik I think does have some trade value so he'll get his QO as well.

Fitzgerald I'm not sure. He'll be 25 just after the start of the season. I think they like him but I can also see them cutting him loose, not for the Bruins benefit as much as simply giving a player an opportunity to earn an NHL job in a organization that has more opportunity that he most likely won't get in Boston. Especially with his family ties around the league. At his age he's approaching make-or-break time as he's almost past "prospect age" and it may be time to hedge his bets and head overseas and try to make hay while the sun is shinning on his hockey career so to speak. A handful of seasons in Europe between 25-30 could set him and his family up pretty well.

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Was Gemel Smith a part of the black aces? Because if he wasn't, that's probably a sign he isn't getting qualified.

JFK will get a QO (why wouldn't they, it would be foolish to non-tender him now with him going back to Sweden). Cehlarik I think does have some trade value so he'll get his QO as well.

Fitzgerald I'm not sure. He'll be 25 just after the start of the season. I think they like him but I can also see them cutting him loose, not for the Bruins benefit as much as simply giving a player an opportunity to earn an NHL job in a organization that has more opportunity that he most likely won't get in Boston. Especially with his family ties around the league. At his age he's approaching make-or-break time as he's almost past "prospect age" and it may be time to hedge his bets and head overseas and try to make hay while the sun is shinning on his hockey career so to speak. A handful of seasons in Europe between 25-30 could set him and his family up pretty well.
Fitzgerald's season was certainly interesting
Started very slow,relegated to the 4th line,turned it on,carried the team for a bit,was an Allstar,got hurt,was a non factor to finish the season.
It's worth another shot imo

Reactions: BruinDust

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Fitzgerald's season was certainly interesting
Started very slow,relegated to the 4th line,turned it on,carried the team for a bit,was an Allstar,got hurt,was a non factor to finish the season.
It's worth another shot imo

If he'd prefer to stay I'd certainly keep him. Even if it's just as a bit of an older player in Providence to help the younger guys coming in.

But if he gets cut loose I wouldn't be shocked. Guys like him at his age are non-tendered every off-season.

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
If he'd prefer to stay I'd certainly keep him. Even if it's just as a bit of an older player in Providence to help the younger guys coming in.

But if he gets cut loose I wouldn't be shocked. Guys like him at his age are non-tendered every off-season.

yup, maybe there is some team out there that thinks he can be an NHL player. I think this team is not one. I suspect they let him find someplace where he might have a chance.

But he is small, not physical, not a gifted skater. Maybe he realizes he is simply an AHL player and does stay around to try and start building his time and set himself for his post hockey life

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
yup, maybe there is some team out there that thinks he can be an NHL player. I think this team is not one. I suspect they let him find someplace where he might have a chance.

But he is small, not physical, not a gifted skater. Maybe he realizes he is simply an AHL player and does stay around to try and start building his time and set himself for his post hockey life

A guy who went to the same high school as I did was basically in the same spot Fitzgerald was in at the same age (this guy even had a cup of coffee in the NHL) and was offered a QO by the team that drafted him and still decided to go to Europe (played in Sweden and the German League) and made some real money and set himself up well for life moving forward.

If I'm Fitzgerald my first choice is to take one more crack at making an NHL team somewhere where I would have a legitimate opportunity, even if that opportunity comes at the expense of a regular player getting injured. Even in Boston he's likely behind quite a few other forwards for a call-up opportunity (although his play in the AHL could easily change that).

And if somehow next year doesn't pan out, I'd be heading to Europe for 2020-21 to make some real coin if the opportunity is there. Especially a guy like Fitzgerald who with his family ties around the league he can probably get a job as a scout or whatever whenever his playing days are over.

Reactions: b in vancouver

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005

A guy who went to the same high school as I did was basically in the same spot Fitzgerald was in at the same age (this guy even had a cup of coffee in the NHL) and was offered a QO by the team that drafted him and still decided to go to Europe (played in Sweden and the German League) and made some real money and set himself up well for life moving forward.

If I'm Fitzgerald my first choice is to take one more crack at making an NHL team somewhere where I would have a legitimate opportunity, even if that opportunity comes at the expense of a regular player getting injured. Even in Boston he's likely behind quite a few other forwards for a call-up opportunity (although his play in the AHL could easily change that).

And if somehow next year doesn't pan out, I'd be heading to Europe for 2020-21 to make some real coin if the opportunity is there. Especially a guy like Fitzgerald who with his family ties around the league he can probably get a job as a scout or whatever whenever his playing days are over.

I appreciate you saying that about Fitzgerald. I find that attitude waning nowadays, and is refreshing reading your posts as that's how I approach a lot of these decisions. People tend to focus a bit too much on the business side as if the players are just hockey cards or names on a roster.
If a player like Fitzgerald has a better opportunity in a different organization in what, I agree, is probably his last kick at eking out an NHL career than you allow him that - even if it makes Providence weaker.
I was just making a similar case about John Moore.

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005

I never gave the prospects, the draft, free agency, trades, expansion draft two seconds of attention in the past 2+ months. I forgot the Memorial Cup was on and Lauko was involved. There's only so much of my time and few remaining brain cells I can devote to hockey and don't even know which prospects finished the season strongly.
Any opinions/insights on whom I should take a look at/read about during my procrastinating mornings would be appreciated by all as I need to brush up. As I am currently ill-informed and un-opinionated. Also gotta read up on a few of the players that might be available around 30th.

Reactions: Colt.45Orr
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad