Prospect Info: Bruins Prospects Discussion II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruins78

Apr 12, 2007
Think Tankathon misplaced about 4" and 20 lbs on Klim Kostin. Really like that kid though,
If he was healthy and playing in the CHL this year instead of Russia he'd probably end up in the 3-5
range

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Not sure if it was mentioned but Senyshyn was picked as the fastest skater in the OHL for the second year in a row in the OHL Coach's Poll. This is quite the honor because there are some really fast skaters in th league at the moment .

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Not sure if it was mentioned but Senyshyn was picked as the fastest skater in the OHL for the second year in a row in the OHL Coach's Poll. This is quite the honor because there are some really fast skaters in th league at the moment .

pfft, unless he`s chosen for the Calder, he`s a bustaroo as a prospect:sarcasm:

I`m back from Jamaica and ready to add onto my post count with meaningless drivel such as the above:yo:

Gator Mike

Feb 28, 2002
Woburn, MA
Visit site
Harvard (Donato, Sherman), BU (McAvoy, JFK), Minnesota (Lindgren - injured) are in the NCAA Tournament.

Wisconsin (Frederic, Hughes), BC (Fitzgerald) are out.

Ryan Fitzgerald's NCAA career is officially over. Will be interesting to see if the Bruins work quickly to sign him.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
Harvard (Donato, Sherman), BU (McAvoy, JFK), Minnesota (Lindgren - injured) are in the NCAA Tournament.

Wisconsin (Frederic, Hughes), BC (Fitzgerald) are out.

Ryan Fitzgerald's NCAA career is officially over. Will be interesting to see if the Bruins work quickly to sign him.

bjork is also in with notre dame, who plays minnesota first - next saturday the 25th at 3:30 ET.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I was quite impressed with Ryan Fitzgerald this weekend - good skater, excellent patience and decision making. They are nuts not to try and sign him.

If he has an obvious weakness please update me

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
I was quite impressed with Ryan Fitzgerald this weekend - good skater, excellent patience and decision making. They are nuts not to try and sign him.

Is it unusual an NHL club has not made public their intentions with a prospect? Perhaps bruins not convinced right fit for bruins? or too many other must signs in the near future? So a timing thing?

Flannelman

Quiet, Gnashgab.
Dec 3, 2006

It's not that they won't.., but can they?

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002

he's always left me thinking "great college player, probably a heck of an AHL player/euro player, most likely tweener when it comes to NHL". been wrong plenty of times, but he's lower on totem pole to me than a lot of our other guys.

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
he's always left me thinking "great college player, probably a heck of an AHL player/euro player, most likely tweener when it comes to NHL". been wrong plenty of times, but he's lower on totem pole to me than a lot of our other guys.

I would be extremely surprised if he signs a deal with the Bruins

veganbruin

Sep 20, 2013
Boston, MA
I think they need to sign Ryan Fitzgerald. Otherwise that's just poor asset management. He's shown flashes of being great. He is also a bit bigger than advertised. Seeing him on the ice a few times this year he was definitely not noticeably smaller than anyone, also was used in pretty much every situation. Worth a contract for sure.

Beesfan

Apr 10, 2006
Where is this rumor coming from that they aren't going to try to sign Fitzgerald? That would be beyond stupid. He could easily become a good bottom 6 player.

KlausJopling

Feb 17, 2003
CT
Visit site
Where is this rumor coming from that they aren't going to try to sign Fitzgerald? That would be beyond stupid. He could easily become a good bottom 6 player.

There the aren't any rumors. Since there aren't some are fearing the worst. But most teams won't talk about signing college players, even when Sweeney was asked about McAvoy he was very non committal. Bruins have let college players play all four years and had no problem signing them, like Grezlyk.

Reactions: Surrounded By Ahos

s3antana5757

Feb 15, 2014
Bruins could have 9 legit prospects fighting for spots next season. Great competition.

Bjork, JFK, DeBrusk, Senyshyn, Gabrielle, Cehlarik, Fitzgerald, Donato, Heinen - they won't all make it but get's me giddy whenever I think about it.

And this leaves off Frederic, Pasta, Vatrano, Czarnik and whomever we draft this season.

You forgot McAvoy.

BronxBruin

Feb 27, 2002
Bronx, NY
Visit site

Agreed. Considering Providence has dipped into the ECHL a couple times this season, there's no reason to not sign him and see what he can do in the AHL.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine

Agreed, and agreed on the wrong plenty of times bit. I like a lot of things about Fitzy, especially his smarts and moxy. They were on full display at the end of that game where he became a human dome over the puck instead of trying to push the puck out in traffic. I'm just not convinced he has a high enough skill level to compete with some of the others pushing for a spot. But, I think in the end the Bruins should sign him and let him prove us and others wrong. He's got a lot to offer an AHL team.

Beantown1616

Jul 14, 2016
I think he mentioned just forwards. McAvoy, Lauzon, Zboril, O'Gara and Gryz as well makes 14. Probably some others too

Ya was just talking about forwards.

But the D is a long list of guys competing for 1 or (at most) 2 spots: McAvoy, O'Gara, Zboril, Gryz, Lauzon, Johansson apparently. Plus Lindgren and Sherman at some point too.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Ya was just talking about forwards.

But the D is a long list of guys competing for 1 or (at most) 2 spots: McAvoy, O'Gara, Zboril, Gryz, Lauzon, Johansson apparently. Plus Lindgren and Sherman at some point too.

For next season I would guess maybe 2-3 of them or even 1-2 will be seriously competing for an NHL job. O'Gara, Gryz- the rest probably need some development time in Providence; at least it wouldn't be a surprise to me if they did, though we can hope for another Brandon Carlo :)

KlausJopling

Feb 17, 2003
CT
Visit site
Aside from even fighting for spots. The Bruins are going to add a lot of talent to the professional ranks next year.

Definite

- (D) McAvoy
- (D) Zboril
- (D) Lauzon
- (F) Senyshyn
- (F) Gabrielle

Probable

- (D) Johansson
- (F) Bjork
- (F) Fitzgerald
- (F) Forsbacka-Karlsson

Assuming only McAvoy goes straight to Boston. That's half a new defense and almost 2 forward lines for Providence.

Reactions: Surrounded By Ahos

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Aside from even fighting for spots. The Bruins are going to add a lot of talent to the professional ranks next year.

Definite

- (D) McAvoy
- (D) Zboril
- (D) Lauzon
- (F) Senyshyn
- (F) Gabrielle

Probable

- (D) Johansson
- (F) Bjork
- (F) Fitzgerald
- (F) Forsbacka-Karlsson

Assuming only McAvoy goes straight to Boston. That's half a new defense and almost 2 forward lines for Providence.

Kirk reported in his blog the other day that sources saying JFK has already decided to go pro and sign with the B's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad