Prospect Info: Bruins Prospects Discussion II

Status
Not open for further replies.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Gabrielle with two goals in a huge game for the Cougars. Still 20 minutes and change remaining.

Fonzerelli

Jul 15, 2015
I'll come to you
Gabrielle with two goals in a huge game for the Cougars. Still 20 minutes and change remaining.

The game was televised and I wasn't expecting it. Was able to watch that on Shaw, so that was a treat. Even better to see Gabes with another multi goal game, the winner and insurance goal, and the Shaw game star.

It wasn't that long ago the Cougars were slumping, and looked like they were going to fade back to the pack. Then Gabes went into beast mode, stepped up and put this team on his back. Now 9 goals and 16 pts in his last 9 games, including 7 multi-point games and 3 first star performances. And he did that while playing through strep throat and a stomache virus? That's insane. Has led his team into a prime position to win the first banner in the history of their franchise if they can close out the season with a win tomorrow night.

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
Boston intends to sign Johansson according to swedish newspaper aftonbladet. I would guess he gets some ahl time or the wc at the end of the season since his team is eliminated in the shl.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
Boston intends to sign Johansson according to swedish newspaper aftonbladet. I would guess he gets some ahl time or the wc at the end of the season since his team is eliminated in the shl.

i guess we will begin to determine whether he's a legit prospect or just a development camp hero.

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
Ryan Fitzgerald was the star in Boston College's 3-2 win in Hockey East semis last night. JFK and Charlie Mc kept off the board though they made their presence known, especially JFK who seems to always have the puck when he's on the ice.

Great game to watch; wide open hockey. BC up 3-0 with 3+ minutes to go and the Terriers came roaring back.

UML/BC today for HE championship.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Ryan Fitzgerald was the star in Boston College's 3-2 win in Hockey East semis last night. JFK and Charlie Mc kept off the board though they made their presence known, especially JFK who seems to always have the puck when he's on the ice.

Great game to watch; wide open hockey. BC up 3-0 with 3+ minutes to go and the Terriers came roaring back.

Cool...then what?

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore

Fitzgerald has had a down year, dealing with an ankle injury as well, but he was great last night. Not sure if there ultimately is a spot for him here, and I could see him potentially going the UFA route this summer. Though they are light at RW prospects besides Senyshyn.

Last edited:

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
No they'll play again in the Frozen Four tournament, as they were already in regardless of yesterday's result.

Tournament starts next week and we will now be elimination time. So McAvoy, JFK and others could be available as soon as next weekend, or it could be April 8

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
The game was televised and I wasn't expecting it. Was able to watch that on Shaw, so that was a treat. Even better to see Gabes with another multi goal game, the winner and insurance goal, and the Shaw game star.

It wasn't that long ago the Cougars were slumping, and looked like they were going to fade back to the pack. Then Gabes went into beast mode, stepped up and put this team on his back. Now 9 goals and 16 pts in his last 9 games, including 7 multi-point games and 3 first star performances. And he did that while playing through strep throat and a stomache virus? That's insane. Has led his team into a prime position to win the first banner in the history of their franchise if they can close out the season with a win tomorrow night.

Unfortunately I don't have Shaw so has to settle for the radio. Cougars play by play guy was raving about Gabrielle's game last night.

He's truly gone into beastmode and I really hope this keeps up in the playoffs. He seems to have found some chemistry with Popugaev.

Cougars just need a single point to clinch their first banner. Chance to do it at home so the boys will be flying. Excited to see Gabrielle play again, feels like it's been a month since I've last seen him play.

Fonzerelli

Jul 15, 2015
I'll come to you
Unfortunately I don't have Shaw so has to settle for the radio. Cougars play by play guy was raving about Gabrielle's game last night.

He's truly gone into beastmode and I really hope this keeps up in the playoffs. He seems to have found some chemistry with Popugaev.

Cougars just need a single point to clinch their first banner. Chance to do it at home so the boys will be flying. Excited to see Gabrielle play again, feels like it's been a month since I've last seen him play.

I remember watching him as a 16 year old in the playoff series between the Pats and Wheaties. Gabrielle was the catalyst in that series in every way and led the Wheat Kings to the upset sweep of the Pats and in the process became public enemy #1. A 19 year old version of that with a legitimate team behind him could cause night mares for the rest of the league.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
I remember watching him as a 16 year old in the playoff series between the Pats and Wheaties. Gabrielle was the catalyst in that series in every way and led the Wheat Kings to the upset sweep of the Pats and in the process became public enemy #1. A 19 year old version of that with a legitimate team behind him could cause night mares for the rest of the league.

A good playoffs for Gabrielle would really solidify himself within the top tier Bruins prospects, not saying he hasn't already, but would be great to see a productive run on his end.

Beantown1616

Jul 14, 2016
Bruins could have 9 legit prospects fighting for spots next season. Great competition.

Bjork, JFK, DeBrusk, Senyshyn, Gabrielle, Cehlarik, Fitzgerald, Donato, Heinen - they won't all make it but get's me giddy whenever I think about it.

And this leaves off Frederic, Pasta, Vatrano, Czarnik and whomever we draft this season.

Iceage

Jun 26, 2013
Bruins could have 9 legit prospects fighting for spots next season. Great competition.

Bjork, JFK, DeBrusk, Senyshyn, Gabrielle, Cehlarik, Fitzgerald, Donato, Heinen - they won't all make it but get's me giddy whenever I think about it.

And this leaves off Frederic, Pasta, Vatrano, Czarnik and whomever we draft this season.

Time to draft a goalie.

Jorah Marshmont

Long may he reign
May 10, 2012
Watching Harvard-Cornell

They've mentioned Donato a lot. Sherman looks freaking huge!

Donato just scored a PP goal too. Actually might have gone in off of Kerfoot.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
For fun some early mock draft predictions:

21. Boston Bruins: Robin Salo, D (Vaasan Sport, Liiga)
A calm, solid defender
Salo already plays in the Finnish Liiga against men and Valimaki was part of the U18 Worlds roster. While Salo is a player who isn’t afraid to get involved physically,

Tankathon
19 Boston
Klim Kostin
RW | HK MVD Balashikha
5'11"
190 lbs
17.9 yrs
Russia
ISS Hockey - Oct. 11th: "Highly skilled F in KHL. Good shot & frame. Complete player. Will only get better as he matures."

Jeff Marek of Sportsnet - October 4th: "Selected first overall in CHL Import Draft by the Kootenay Ice, but is staying in Russia to play for Moscow Dynamo. More of a playmaker than a shooter. Has a big frame and plays with tremendous skill. But with Valeri Nichushkin bolting the Dallas Stars for the KHL you wonder if the ‘Russian flight factor’ may come into play on draft day."

Bob McKenzie of TSN - Sept. 22nd: "The Russian is a big, strong, aggressive winger who can score and make plays. He doesn't have blinding speed but is a strong, powerful skater who can play both the power and skill game, though there tends to be an erratic quality to his play. He is, however, identified as a potential top six winger who has some similar traits to Russian winger Valeri Nichushkin."

www.mynhldraft.com/

Ryan Poehling
Ht/Wt:6' 2"/175 lbs
Position:C
Team: St. Cloud St. (NCHC)
Ryan Poehling's Player Profile

Jeff Marek of Sportsnet - October 4th: "A straight ahead player with good speed, but isn’t explosive. Needs a couple of steps to get going. Fast-tracked his education to get to St. Cloud early to play with twin older brothers Jack and Nick."

Craig Button of TSN - Sept. 22nd: "A very well-rounded player. Smart with very good skills, can make a play in every situation - offensively and defensively. Projects to be a Top 2 well-rounded centre, but he could eventually be a No. 1 centre."

Adam Kimelman's 2017 NHL mock draft
Boston Bruins - Elias Pettersson, C, Timra (SWE-2)
With top centers Patrice Bergeron (32) and David Krejci (31) nearing the end of their prime seasons, there's a need to develop young centers. Pettersson needs to put muscle on his 6-1, 156-pound frame but at 18 he has 27 points (12 goals, 15 assists) in 27 games with Timra in Allsvenskan, Sweden's second division, skating against older, more physically developed players.

Mike G. Morreale's 2017 NHL mock draft
19. Boston Bruins - Nicolas Hague, D, Mississauga (OHL)
Hague (6-5, 206) is a fluid skater and can move the puck extremely well, enabling his team to create a lot of offense. He also has five power-play goals, second on Mississauga. The left-shot defenseman also is tough in the defensive end.

2017 NHL Mock Draft - NHL - DraftSite.com

Boston Lias Andersson C HV71 (SHL) 5' 11" 198
Smart positional strong centre with a high compete level and willingness to throw his body around.Son of Niklas who scored a half a point a game as an NHL pro, he also displays strong offensive skills. High hockey IQ who knows where everybody is and where things are going. A complete player in all phases and zones who leads by example. Stands up for his teammates. Never stops working in the attack zone and more importantly in the defensive zone. Has a hitch in his stride as he is a short choppy strider, but it in no way deters his advancement to the higher levels of play. And edgy centre who seems to be able to quickly adjust to new linemates and making the better. His stint in the Four Nations tourney in November playing alongside RW Carl Grundström (Toronto draft pick).and LW Elias Pettersson saw them dominate. He scored a couple in the World Junior U-20 also.

thehockeywriters.com › NHL Entry Draft

17 BOS VALIMAKI, JUUSO LD 6’02 TRI-CITY (WHL) Rock solid, 2-way D
He's got great mobility: As I already mentioned, Valimaki is a very smooth skater, and it seemed he was almost always in motion. In the offensive zone, he would work the angles to make sure he was always a pass options, and in his own zone he's very hard to beat. At one point he got back on a broken change to effectively take away the pass on the two-on-one.

He loves to pinch: Oh boy does he ever. At one point he snuck into the slot and darn near buried the rebound on his own point shot. Only a timely stick-lift by Moilanen kept that from happening.

He's not afraid to shoot: I counted three shots on goal: a point shot, one from the slot, and a high angle shot from the side of the net. Moilanen would often shadow him out at the point, too, so the T-birds were taking him seriously.

DobberProspects 2017 NHL Mock Draft
19. Boston Bruins - Isaac Ratcliffe, Left Wing (OHL)
Ratcliffe fits the mould of the Big Bad Bruins and becomes the heir apparent to the role left vacant when Milan Lucic was moved. The 6-4 power forward is just what the Bruins are missing. – Peter Harling @pharling

The Rick List
Boston Bruins – Cody Glass, C, Portland Winterhawks (WHL)
Glass is an offensive machine, which is exactly what Boston needs in a center prospect. He can fill the role of either a playmaker or the go-to guy, as he excels in both setting up plays and finishing them off.

www.sbnation.com/nhl/2017/.../2017-nhl-mock-draft-lottery-simulation-stars-lightnin...
Casey Mittelstadt, C, Eden Prairie (High School)
t’s time for the Bruins to start preparing for life without Patrice Bergeron or David Krejci, who are approaching the last third of their NHL careers. Mittelstadt, a University of Minnesota recruit, could be that center of the future for the Bruins: a hard-working, high-energy attacking center with vision and skill for days. He could be the steal of the first round.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad