Prospect Info: Bruins Prospect Thread Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eddie Munson

This year is my year. I can feel it. ‘86 baby!
Jul 11, 2008
Great report! What is the prediction on Carlo? Mcquaid without the nasty?

I'd say he has some nasty to his game, currently nowhere near the level of nasty McQuiad has but you can't compare him to that type of "tough hombre". :laugh:

Carlo has a lot more to offer than McQuaid though. He has a better shot, break out pass, and his skating is far and away over what McQuaid brings. I don't know if I could think of a comparable off the top of my head, but I could see him top out as a shutdown #3 or 4 with some (granted limited) offensive upside.

Short Side High

Jul 11, 2006
IMO Braydon Coburn is a better comparable for Carlo than McQuaid. Carlo profiles as a big, highly mobile defenseman who can move the puck but won't put up a ton of points or quarterback a power-play.

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
Monster Dman wiley Sherman scored his first collegiate goal today. Often overlooked since he doesn't put up offensive numbers but he's taken on an expanded role with harvard this year (his 2nd).

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Fitzgerald with 2 goals and 2 assists in a 6-4 BC win
O'Gara, Heinen, Bjork, JFK all with a single assist
Matt Benning gets a goal

NinthSpoke06

Nov 30, 2009
Watertown, MA
Fitzgerald is a beast.

Watch his first goal from last night:
4Fitzgerald.gif

Here is the full highlights if interested:

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Help me out here. Subban has only played 4 games to mcyntire's 8. Was/is he hurt? Is he just not progressing? Doesn't have a good feel. Invested a first round pick in him and i'm not sure it's working out.

BigBadBruins63*

Help me out here. Subban has only played 4 games to mcyntire's 8. Was/is he hurt? Is he just not progressing? Doesn't have a good feel. Invested a first round pick in him and i'm not sure it's working out.

21 years old. Providence D is brutal. He's fine.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Last night:

Gabrielle with his 12th goal and 12 PIM's (slash and 10 min misconduct).

Lauzon recovers from a -2 Wednesday with 1 shot, 2 assists, +2, 2 hits in a win.

Zboril with a +3 and 4 hits.

Sherman with a goal and O'Gara with an assist in losses.

Benning and Bjork with assists in a 2-2 tie between Notre Dame and Northeastern.

Heinen with an assist in a win, Kuraly with one as well, but Miami got thumped by UND.

NinthSpoke06

Nov 30, 2009
Watertown, MA
I know he was drafted by the Devils, but boy this Miles Wood kid on BC is the prototypical Bruin. Hits hard, finishes pretty much all his checks, plays in front of the net 50% of the time, has some serious skill. I'd kill to add him to our prospect stable.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Gabrielle is an absolute ****ing stud. He's an 18 year old, and taking the WHL by storm and is our best player by far. He's going to be in the discussion for WHL player of the week again...if not win it again.

I LOVE his game, absolutely love it. He's an agitator, so he will cross the line and receive big PIMs some nights (like tonight again), but he's still a very effective player....and he is worth the PIMs he comes with. Not afraid to standup for himself and fight when he needs too, but he's better and more effective when on the ice. The fact alone that he can stick up for himself though, is what makes him so successful.

He has a laser of a shot. It's very clear who everyone is trying to setup for a one-timer on the PP...Jesse Gabrielle. He's got great vision too, but his shot is top-notch.
Very physical player on top of everything, and not afraid to get in on the forecheck and knock some bodies around.

I can keep tabs on him through the season, if you guys like! Cougars go on another roadtrip so won't be able to update until they are back home later on.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
He Leads the league in game winners and short handed goals as well. Pretty clutch. Not really a surprise though. He entered the season as the 3rd highest scoring 18 year old (1997 born player) in the WHL. Meaning, goal scoring. Only Merkley and Soy have scored more and he's closing that gap quickly. And I think I read somewhere for career fights and PIMs, he leads all 18 year olds in the CHL/USHL

Should add as well, hat he's already been kicked out of 3 of his 9 games because he does **** like this;

That was in the Tuesday game. Then he had a first period hat trick in the Wednesday game against them, prompting the 20 year old Hitman captain to jump him from behind off a faceoff early in the 2nd. That's the video from above.

The good news for Bruins fans is that his coaches and team mates love him. His head coach admitted that Gabrielle crosses the line every now and then on the ice, but went on and on about him after the game about his passion and his love for the game and how solid he has been for their room and how good he has been with their young guys. That was the general theme from his Regina coaches when he played out here as well. A guy that is loved by his coaches team mates and hated by his opponents.

Just adding onto this (I know it's a bit older of a post), but Gabrielle is just a player you let play. He's going to do more good than bad. He does cross the line sometimes, but he straddle that line good enough where he gets so under the skin of the opposition.

On Friday night, the Edmonton Oil Kings goalie was so hot-headed because Gabrielle got under his skin, that the goalie was trying to, and wanted to fight Gabrielle. Gabrielle just laughed at him and smiled.

Gabrielle is an 18 year old, and first year PG Cougar, and he's already a leader of this team. Says a lot about him. He will have to tone down getting misconducts and whatnot as he is very effective when not stuck with 10 minute misconducts, but he is a target every game. Since we are early on in the season, I think it's good to send that message that he's not going to get bullied around. He'll have to recognize he can't get misconducts every game though...and he doesn't get them every game.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
He sounds a lot like Darcy Tucker, would that be an accurate comparison as far as playing style?

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Watched Zboril and his Sea Dogs vs my Mooseheads, yes I said "my":)

He didn`t register a point but between he and Chabot, they were everywhere. Strong game from our first rounder, knocked Timo Meier on his arse in the D zone, immediately snagged the puck after the hit, sent two of his teammates up ice on a 2 on 1 that wasn`t converted. Defensively, the Mooseheads barely had a sniff when he was on the ice offensively

Most entertaining game of the year I`ve seen with the young Mooseheads, staged fight meaning two players ejected following, bodies everywhere as these two teams don`t like one another and often front and center of it is Zboril, kid just loves the nasty stuff

Not sure if this happens often as I "thought" scouts sit up in the press box but the guy next to me was all pens and paper. I finally asked him if he`s a big stats geek and he said, " I have to be, my bosses insist on it". Amateur scout for the Panthers (wasn`t sure if I`m permitted to post name here so I didn`t but can`t if needed), nice guy, I didn`t bother him too much as he clearly was working. He too likes Zboril, says the kid will be a "player"..did he mean off or on the ice????:)

Last edited:

RoughEmUp

Sep 5, 2007
JFK gets 2 goals and an assist in a 3-3 tie with Providence. Matt G contributes on assist
BU sth here...Only 10 games in so far, but Forsbacka-Karlsson looks great. Think Bergeron/Krejci in terms of style and IQ. Best player for BU and he looked especially good against a #1 Providence team that is really tough and disciplined. He's the kind of player that makes simple, efficient little plays that you might not always notice unless you are spotlighting him. Can't imagine he lasts more than one or two years at BU.

Gator Mike

Feb 28, 2002
Woburn, MA
Visit site
Man... it's early, but I'm starting to believe that Sweeney hit a Grand Slam at the draft this summer. Been a fan for 30+ years, and I don't ever remember a time when the Bruins had this many legitimate prospects.

bigdukesix

Jul 12, 2015
BU sth here...Only 10 games in so far, but Forsbacka-Karlsson looks great. Think Bergeron/Krejci in terms of style and IQ. Best player for BU and he looked especially good against a #1 Providence team that is really tough and disciplined. He's the kind of player that makes simple, efficient little plays that you might not always notice unless you are spotlighting him. Can't imagine he lasts more than one or two years at BU.

Thanks, love reports like this. Please continue to post updates on JFK and Grzelcyk as the season progresses.

Yours isn't the first glowing report on Forsbacka-Karlsson I've read so far either. Could definitely see him upgrading the 3rd center spot on Boston in the not-too-distant future via JFK having the potential to play a superior two-way game to Spooner.

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
Watched Zboril and his Sea Dogs vs my Mooseheads, yes I said "my":)

He didn`t register a point but between he and Chabot, they were everywhere. Strong game from our first rounder, knocked Timo Meier on his arse in the D zone, immediately snagged the puck after the hit, sent two of his teammates up ice on a 2 on 1 that wasn`t converted. Defensively, the Mooseheads barely had a sniff when he was on the ice offensively

Most entertaining game of the year I`ve seen with the young Mooseheads, staged fight meaning two players ejected following, bodies everywhere as these two teams don`t like one another and often front and center of it is Zboril, kid just loves the nasty stuff

Not sure if this happens often as I "thought" scouts sit up in the press box but the guy next to me was all pens and paper. I finally asked him if he`s a big stats geek and he said, " I have to be, my bosses insist on it". Amateur scout for the Panthers (wasn`t sure if I`m permitted to post name here so I didn`t but can`t if needed), nice guy, I didn`t bother him too much as he clearly was working. He too likes Zboril, says the kid will be a "player"..did he mean off or on the ice????:)
Thanks for your reporting on Zboril, Odaat. Also appreciate approaching the Panthers scout for an objective opinion on him. Sorry about "your" Mooseheads.

Hoping for a report on Lauzon when Rouyn Norenda visit in a few weeks.

Last edited:

ChargersRookie

Jun 30, 2014
Thanks for your reporting on Zboril, Odaat. Also appreciate approaching the Panthers scout for an objective opinion on him. Sorry about "your" Mooseheads.

He only got 2 assists yesterday :) or was that his brother. :laugh:

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

My pleasure, I`m playing the role of "I`m no scout but the guy next to me is";)

Nice fella, as I mentioned, didn`t spend a ton of time talking to him as it`s pretty clear he was following things pretty intensely, the forms he had on him looked like a road map. We spoke briefly on what appeared to be a bit of an attitude issue early this season with Zboril and while he said it`s not something an organization would ignore, to say it was something he hasn`t seen wouldn`t be true.

Nice guy, I tried to pry away Huberdeau for K Miller but he wouldn`t budge either

Really pumped to see Lauzon

No need to be sorry for the Mooseheads, real young team, and entertaining to watch, it`s the typical way of a Junior team as players graduate, strong for a few years, then rebuild

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad