Bruins prospect Jordan Sigalet announces he has MS

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpaceGhost79

Mar 8, 2002
Bowling Green senior goalie Jordan Sigalet, a 2003-04 All-CCHA First Team selection and 7th round pick of the Boston Bruins in the 2001 draft, made public Saturday that he has been suffering from multiple sclerosis for the past nine months. During that time he has only missed three games due to the disease, one of them being tonight against Michigan. He will be holding a press conference Monday, Dec. 13 at 1:15pm ET.

BGSU's Jordan Sigalet suffering from multiple sclerosis

Evman*

That's too bad.

The guy played two years here in Victoria so this is not good to hear at all.

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
BuppY said:
what kind of disease is this MS?

One of the worst chronic diseases on the planet.

http://health.yahoo.com/health/ency/adam/000737/overview

Essentially your nerve function disintegrates, causing a whole lot of awful symptoms. There is no cure for the disease, however they can delay the progression of the disease with new therapies.

Either way, this is absolutely horrible news. Jordan seems to be an outstanding hockey player, one with a very bright future. I've heard he had made even bigger strides this year with Bowling Green. Hopefully they can hold off this disease long enough so that he can reach his dream of the NHL at least.

GoM

Dec 17, 2003
Toronto
dailyfaceoff.com
Two of my aunts have MS...one is alright and can function, drive, etc...the other one is basically housebound...

I wish the best of luck to Jordan with this horrible disease

Hossa

Feb 27, 2002
Abroad
Visit site
Wow, absolutely terrible. That's sad because it's not quite as easy to deal with compared to something like diabetes, which Nick Boynton has for example. I've known a few people with the disease, and there is a range of how bad people suffer from it (or rather how much it limits them), so hopefully Jordan can continue with what has thus far been a fantastic college career.

Riddarn

1980-2011
Aug 2, 2003
Poor, poor man.

Diseases like MS, Parkinsons, etc. scares the hell out of me. I hope for his sake that the treatment slows down the progression enough so that he can walk and talk ten years from now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad