Pre-Game Talk: Bruins @ Ottawa, 7:30 PM start

Status
Not open for further replies.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Bs missing Marchand and McAvoy -- arguably the Bs most dynamic offensive player and best defensive player. Those two being out won't be easy to overcome in terms of continuing the streak much longer.

frickinbobby

Sep 21, 2017
Butch, you've got a built-in excuse tonight. Scramble the lines completely, resetting the brain grooves and creating a thicker team skin and more resilient bunch for dealing with injuries/suspensions moving forward.

Let Krejci have Pasta for a game to see if it makes him try harder (doubt it). Let Bergy have Debrusk (possible magic here). etc.

And of course Marchand will feel responsible if the streak ends anyway, which will be good for him as well (not that he needs more motivation but it certainly is likely to have that effect).

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Butch, you've got a built-in excuse tonight. Scramble the lines completely, resetting the brain grooves and creating a thicker team skin and more resilient bunch for dealing with injuries/suspensions moving forward.

Let Krejci have Pasta for a game to see if it makes him try harder (doubt it). Let Bergy have Debrusk (possible magic here). etc.

And of course Marchand will feel responsible if the streak ends anyway, which will be good for him as well (not that he needs more motivation but it certainly is likely to have that effect).
Don't really understand what that would accomplish. Obviously no Marchand is a big blow and it changes things drastically regardless, but the team is rolling right now, why mix things up more than you have to?

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
Hopefully Marchand learns he doesn't have to pull this s*** because that isn't his game anymore.

Don't see the streak ending tonight, but the Ducks, Blues, Leafs, Wings, are all coming up and I could see a couple losses in there just because it eventually happens.

Agreed on above, mix up the lines a bit if the game isn't going the Bruins way and see what happens, and McAvoy can't come back soon enough, at such a young age he already plays like a polished veteran.

Bmessy

Nov 25, 2007
East Boston, MA

I don't know what this means, but I like it and I'm going to use it. :laugh:
But I do agree I wouldn't mind some shuffling because I feel like the 2nd and 3rd lines could use some tweeks.

Reactions: frickinbobby

frickinbobby

Sep 21, 2017
Don't really understand what that would accomplish. Obviously no Marchand is a big blow and it changes things drastically regardless, but the team is rolling right now, why mix things up more than you have to?

because the streak doesn't matter but is likely to end tonight or the next game anyways, and having more confidence in more options for the longer term is more better 'n having less confidence or less options. or, of course, accepting that some players just don't mesh together, or with anyone (David "nosecondeffort" Krejci), and you have allowed the opportunity to run its course so there is no pent-up frustrations about not being given a chance.

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
because the streak doesn't matter but is likely to end tonight or the next game anyways, and having more confidence in more options for the longer term is more better 'n having less confidence or less options. or, of course, accepting that some players just don't mesh together, or with anyone (David "nosecondeffort" Krejci), and you have allowed the opportunity to run its course so there is no pent-up frustrations about not being given a chance.

I have no idea why you’ve got such an axe to grind with Krejci but man is it getting old.

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
After being a Game 7 double overtime goal away from the Stanley Cup Final a mere 7 months ago, this season could not be more of a disaster for the Sens - both on the ice and off.

So this is essentially their Stanley Cup. Beating the Bruins would be a huge boost for a team that is in disarray.

Missing Marchand and McAvoy is obviously bad, but I hope the other players can pick up the slack.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
even without mcavoy and marchand we should beat this pathetic team and their coach.
After the break will be tough. But maybe Mcavoy willl be ready after the break.

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
even without mcavoy and marchand we should beat this pathetic team and their coach.

He'd have to pull a Backes to be ready immediately after the break. Right now, he's scheduled for Feb 6th in Detroit as the earliest he might be ready.

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs

Agree. Let's win and push to 18 this point streak.

Something is wrong with Karlsson. He started the year with 17pts in his first 11 games. He has 14pts in his last 30.

remer

Oct 18, 2005
Lines may look like?

Bjork - Bergeron - Pastrnak
DeBrusk - Krejci - Spooner
Heinen - Nash - Backes
Schaller- Kuraly - Vatrano

frickinbobby

Sep 21, 2017
I have no idea why you’ve got such an axe to grind with Krejci but man is it getting old.

it has to do with David's lack of second effort, and lackadaisical, disinterested approach over the years that has helped the team miss the playoffs and overall underperform.

thanks for your question!

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
I know the streak has to end but it would be great to get a win tonight. They didn't play well against the Devils so hopefully they will rebound tonight. The next five will be tough so any points earned will be well earned. Luckily they are in a good position in the standings.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
It'd be nice for Boston to score first tonight. What is it, 6 games in a row that they've been scored on first? It's great they're resilient and have still been finding ways to win and get points, but it'd be nice to get the lead first.

Reactions: BruinLVGA
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad