News Article: Bruins offer free concessions at January home games

Status
Not open for further replies.

RunFromTheBear

Jun 20, 2010
I wonder if the food items will be from a limited menu... 1 free pass for popcorn, 1 for hot dog, 1 for small soda

Looch

B's, C's, Sox & Pats
Jun 22, 2009
Gilford, NH
Props to Jacobs for stepping up with pro shop discounts and free food.

On another note, (I have to stay true to myself and ***** about him at least a little :D) I'm a bit pissed that season ticket holders are not getting hard tickets this year of any kind. I like to save the tickets of games I attend. I really like ticket memorabilia. Printing out a piece of paper for the whole season with no keep sake sucks.

RunFromTheBear

Jun 20, 2010

On another note, (I have to stay true to myself and ***** about him at least a little :D) I'm a bit pissed that season ticket holders are not getting hard tickets this year of any kind. I like to save the tickets of games I attend. I really like ticket memorabilia. Printing out a piece of paper for the whole season with no keep sake sucks.

There is probably somewhere around 12k season tickets. The tickets are unique so it is probably a little pricey to print, let's say $10 per seat. That's $120k. Plus priority shipping would be another few dollars per STH.

There are 5 home games in January. 17k people will get 3 free items that probably cost somewhere around $.50 each. This comes out to $127.5k.

One is essentially paying for the other.

Looch

B's, C's, Sox & Pats
Jun 22, 2009
Gilford, NH
There is probably somewhere around 12k season tickets. The tickets are unique so it is probably a little pricey to print, let's say $10 per seat. That's $120k. Plus priority shipping would be another few dollars per STH.

There are 5 home games in January. 17k people will get 3 free items that probably cost somewhere around $.50 each. This comes out to $127.5k.

One is essentially paying for the other.

Sad...but true.

I'm sure they will be refunding us all back our $15 s/h fee though.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
I wonder if the food items will be from a limited menu... 1 free pass for popcorn, 1 for hot dog, 1 for small soda

Still 20 bucks. For four games, 18000 people...that's not half bad considering the owner's history

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007

...yeah that's a bummer. I like keeping stubs myself

BruinsFTW

Jun 26, 2007
Boston, MA
CONCESSION VOUCHERS

For all five Bruins home games in January, concession vouchers will be distributed to all fans. The vouchers will be valid for three food or beverage items, including: hot dog, sausage sandwich, slice of pizza, healthy wrap (turkey, Greek or chicken Caesar), jumbo home-cooked meatball, peanuts, popcorn, fountain beverage.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
5 home tilts, no idea what the TD rakes in for concession dollar per game but that seems like a significant giveaway

Lost Horizons

Oct 14, 2006
Mass
More info on everything:

B's to Offer Free Concessions, ProShop Discounts in January; Opening Night Giveaways

BOSTON, MA – The Boston Bruins announced today, January 13, various benefits they will offer fans for the 2012-13 season, beginning with the opening of the Boston Bruins Training Camp presented by AT&T on Sunday, January 13 at the TD Garden.

Among the highlights, the Bruins will distribute free concession vouchers to all fans at Bruins home games during the entire month of January. These vouchers will enable each fan to receive three complimentary food or non-alcoholic beverage items from a select menu. Also during the month of January, fans will receive 25-percent off all merchandise in the Boston Bruins ProShop and Fan Zones during home games, with Bruins Season Ticket Holders and Premium Club clients being offered a 30-percent discount.

For Opening Night presented by TD Bank on January 19 against the New York Rangers at the TD Garden, fans will have the chance to receive game-worn players’ jerseys through a Shirts Off Our Backs promotion. Fans will also have the opportunity to win a number of unique prizes, including the opportunity to fly with the Bruins on their team charter to an away game and the chance to visit the Bruins locker room post-game.

Fans should also be aware that the team’s Training Camp, which opens on Sunday, January 13 at the TD Garden at 1:00 p.m. ET, is free and open to the public. There will be free parking, in addition to complimentary concession items, including hot dogs, popcorn, cookies, soda and coffee.

The full details for all of the initiatives and promotions can be found below.

BOSTON BRUINS TRAINING CAMP PRESENTED BY AT&T

Boston Bruins Training Camp presented by AT&T will start on Sunday, January 13, with a 1:00 p.m. on-ice session at the TD Garden that is free and open to the public. Doors will open at 12:00 noon, with free parking available in the North Station garage from 11:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. on a first-come, first-served basis. The day will also feature a Bruins Fan Zone with interactive games and appearances from the Bruins Ice Girls and Blades, the Bruins mascot, in addition to free hot dogs, popcorn, cookies, soda and coffee for fans.

BLACK AND GOLD INTERSQUAD SCRIMMAGE PRESENTED BY AT&T

Training Camp will feature the Black & Gold Intersquad Scrimmage presented by AT&T among Bruins players on Tuesday, January 15, at 7:00 p.m. ET at the TD Garden. Admission is free, but fans will need to secure tickets prior to the scrimmage. Tickets will be available to Boston Bruins Season Ticket Holders and Premium Club clients before they are released to the general public. Beginning at 11:00 a.m. ET on Monday, January 14, the general public will be able to secure a maximum of two tickets per person by visiting the TD Garden Box Office or online at www.bostonbruins.com. Season Ticket Holders and Premium Club clients will have the opportunity to secure free parking when they reserve their tickets online. Doors for the scrimmage will open at 6:00 p.m.

#BRUINSAREBACK TICKET GIVEAWAY SPONSORED BY TD BANK

Throughout the upcoming week, the Bruins and TD Bank will be in each New England state to give away hundreds of Bruins tickets for the 2012-13 season as part of the #BruinsAreBack promotion. Bruins fans will need to closely follow @NHLBruins, the official Twitter home of the Boston Bruins, throughout the week of Monday, January 14, through Friday, January 18 to find out the location of each day’s giveaways.

OPENING NIGHT PRESENTED BY TD BANK

During Opening Night presented by TD Bank on Saturday, January 19 against the New York Rangers, there will be a free #BruinsAreBack t-shirt giveaway to all fans, courtesy of TD Bank and TD Garden. The night will also feature a Shirts Off Our Backs promotion, along with the following in-game fan giveaways:

-Post-game locker room visits and meet-and-greets
-Away game trips for two on the Bruins team charter
-Free parking in the North Station garage for the remaining 23 Bruins home games
-Suite Nights for a concert or Bruins game, subject to availability, including food and two parking spots
-Exclusive skate on TD Garden ice, which includes private ice time with friends and family
-$500 Boston Bruins ProShop shopping sprees

Additional information regarding all Opening Night activities and giveaways will be available on www.bostonbruins.com beginning Monday, January 14.

CONCESSION VOUCHERS

For all five Bruins home games in January, concession vouchers will be distributed to all fans. The vouchers will be valid for three food or beverage items, including: hot dog, sausage sandwich, slice of pizza, healthy wrap (turkey, Greek or chicken Caesar), jumbo home-cooked meatball, peanuts, popcorn, fountain beverage.

BOSTON BRUINS PROSHOP AND FAN ZONES

Fans will receive a 25-percent discount on all merchandise in the Boston Bruins ProShop and Fan Zones during home games throughout the entire month of January. Boston Bruins Season Ticket Holders and Premium Club clients will be able to receive a 30-percent discount on all merchandise. During the Bruins’ Opening Night presented by TD Bank on January 19, there will be a free gift given to the first 500 purchases over $50.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad