TSN: Bruins off season game plan

Vdub

Live Free or Die
Dec 21, 2013
Click on his capgeek projected roster and if you thought some ideas mentioned above were hilarious, the fact is the author has Havlat in the line up for $5million beats them all:laugh:

member 96824

I appreciate Scott's piece...however, does he know it's possible to type a full hockey sentence without mentioning posession stats?

He's also got Kelly returning, but Paille and Campbell being on the way out because of "poor posession stats." Yeah...I don't think that's supposed to be their game guy.

Also, his capgeek lineup wouldn't be cap compliant and there is not a chance on god's green earth that Krug comes in at $1M and Reilly at $1.5M.

Basically...yeah....no.

qc

Aug 23, 2011
I was very pleased to see a link to Loui Eriksson's corsi statistics. :naughty:

MTaylorJ1

Sep 20, 2006
I appreciate Scott's piece...however, does he know it's possible to type a full hockey sentence without mentioning posession stats?

He's also got Kelly returning, but Paille and Campbell being on the way out because of "poor posession stats." Yeah...I don't think that's supposed to be their game guy.

Also, his capgeek lineup wouldn't be cap compliant and there is not a chance on god's green earth that Krug comes in at $1M and Reilly at $1.5M.

Basically...yeah....no.

It shouldn't be, but he needs to find a thesaurus so he's not writing puck possesion in every sentence. The one thing that caught my eye with their rating is off the top of my head I don't think they adjust enough for zone starts and competition. I don't see how Krug would be better than Hamilton.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
So Cullen thinks Bartkowski is an improving defenseman because of puck possession stats. Has he ever watched a game?

The Corsi/moneyball geeks need to stay out of hockey.

Rebel Bruin

Jan 7, 2014
Dublin
So Cullen thinks Bartkowski is an improving defenseman because of puck possession stats. Has he ever watched a game?

The Corsi/moneyball geeks need to stay out of hockey.

I thought Bartkowski did show some improvement this season.

Tough playoffs for sure though.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Puck possession numbers have their place in analyzing the game, but if it's literally your only justification for every single player on the team as to whether they're good or not, you need to watch some hockey.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
In no way do I want Havlat on this team especially at $5M, Would rather just keep Iggy or try to sign Callahan/Gaborik etc for that kind of money.

Danton Heineken

Howard Potts
Mar 11, 2007
Fall River
Puck possession numbers have their place in analyzing the game, but if it's literally your only justification for every single player on the team as to whether they're good or not, you need to watch some hockey.

He does it for every team. Cullen is obsessed. Maybe he should tell us Gregory Campbell's VORP.

World of Wardlow

Unscripted Violence
Jul 13, 2006
Montreal
The projected lineup is hilarious, I'll give them that. Havlat. :laugh:

In no way do I want Havlat on this team especially at $5M, Would rather just keep Iggy or try to sign Callahan/Gaborik etc for that kind of money.

What?! Where is Boston going to get 7 mil/per for one of those? All they need to make are minor moves. They still have a strong team.

Out: McQuaid, Kelly, Caron
In (promotion for AHL): Spooner, Fraser or Florek

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
Havlat at $5 mil, hahahaha, why would you pay that plug that much when you could get Iginla for roughly the same moolah.

Also Moulson, Vanek or someone else for that matter, I would rather have Koko playing 3rd line wing rather than Havlat.

World of Wardlow

Unscripted Violence
Jul 13, 2006
Montreal
Havlat at $5 mil, hahahaha, why would you pay that plug that much when you could get Iginla for roughly the same moolah.

Also Moulson, Vanek or someone else for that matter, I would rather have Koko playing 3rd line wing rather than Havlat.
I think Koko would be great on the third line with his speed and shot. Maybe play Spooner on the 4th line with Campbell and Paille.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I thought Bartkowski did show some improvement this season.

Tough playoffs for sure though.

he`s done, 84 regular season games and another 15 playoff games behind him....bust:sarcasm:

Rough playoff for sure, but far from being the reason for the disappointment.

Our "stars" didn`t show up , the PK was garbage when needed the most

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
The projected lineup is hilarious, I'll give them that. Havlat. :laugh:

What?! Where is Boston going to get 7 mil/per for one of those? All they need to make are minor moves. They still have a strong team.

Out: McQuaid, Kelly, Caron
In (promotion for AHL): Spooner, Fraser or Florek

You are missing the point, the article had the Bruins with Havlat for $5M a season, no way I would ever want him on the B's especially at that crazy amount of $$$, for that much you could keep Iggy or possibly get a much better player than Havlat.

Danton Heineken

Howard Potts
Mar 11, 2007
Fall River
You are missing the point, the article had the Bruins with Havlat for $5M a season, no way I would ever want him on the B's especially at that crazy amount of $$$, for that much you could keep Iggy or possibly get a much better player than Havlat.

Havlat would qualify for training camp invite status at this point.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
"weakened them enough on the blueline that they were vulnerable.

A top-four possession team in back-to-back seasons, the Bruins are the best bet to come of the Eastern Conference next season, but not without some work this summer by GM Peter Chiarelli."

Well duh. Who else is going to lay claim to that when a (healthy) Bruins team is around?

Seriously, the Bruins suffer from Miami Heat Syndrome (which is good.) as in, there's total garbage around them in their conference outside of like one team.

Look at it:

Atlantic: Montreal is probably the #1 dragon slayer. (though they got some work to do in filling some gaps) Tampa is good, but Boston seemingly has their number as of now. Ottawa is in total shambles with their entire top line walking out the door. (No really. Michalek is a FA, Spezza's already good as gone and Hemsky told them to shove it after they lowballed him.) Toronto sucks, Florida sucks. And then there's Detroit...when if healthy, could make a run at the B's.

Metro: Pittsburgh? Meh. Rangers won't repeat what they did this year. Washington is a huge question mark and who the hell knows about Philly.

That's why i believe you go all in to win now. You're the top dog in the conference and have proven you can hang with the best out west. Even if it cost you some of your future, the stars are aligned for a run at one more cup before the window closes with further Chara decline/cap headaches.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->