Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Wednesday Night Hockey NBCSN (No NESN)
October 3* Boston Washington 7:30 p.m.
October 17 Boston Calgary 9:30 p.m.
January 16 Boston Philadelphia 7:30 p.m.
February 6 Boston N.Y. Rangers 8 p.m.
February 20 Boston Vegas 10:00 p.m .
March 27 N.Y. Rangers Boston 7:30 p.m.
NHL ON NBC (No NESN)
Tues., Jan. 1 Boston Chicago 1 p.m.
Sun., Feb. 3 Boston Washington 12:30 p.m.

OTHER GAMES ON NBCSN - NESN WILL CARRY IN NEW ENGLAND

Mon., Jan. 14 Montreal Boston NBCSN 7:30 p.m.
Tues., Feb. 12 Chicago Boston NBCSN 7 p.m.
Mon., Feb. 18 Boston San Jose NBCSN 10 PM
Thur., Feb. 28 Tampa Bay Boston NBCSN 7:30 p.m.
Sun., March 10 Boston Pittsburgh NBCSN 7:30 p.m.
Sun., March 31 Boston Detroit NBCSN 7:30 PM

Last edited:

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
They should since these a majority of the games they show aren't rivalries.

Highlighting rivalries is a good idea but it really limited the games they could show. Then, to try and avoid showing the same matchups every week, they really stretched what they could define as a "rivalry"

I like that they'll now be able to show more teams

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Highlighting rivalries is a good idea but it really limited the games they could show. Then, to try and avoid showing the same matchups every week, they really stretched what they could define as a "rivalry"

I like that they'll now be able to show more teams
How many true "rivalries" are left, I wonder? Boston Montreal obviously...

I remember when Detroit and Colorado was :popcorn::popcorn::popcorn: in the 90s but no more, especially since Detroit switched conferences.

Living in Nashville, I know there is much hatred for Chicago, so that's kind of fun.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England

I remember when Detroit and Colorado was :popcorn::popcorn::popcorn: in the 90s but no more, especially since Detroit switched conferences.

Living in Nashville, I know there is much hatred for Chicago, so that's kind of fun.

NHL and their terrible schedule is a big reason for the lack of rivalry/hate. Teams don’t play each other enough.

Love playing Arizona two times a year though! Nothing excites me more than the Edmonton games too!! :sarcasm:

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA

Philly and Pittsburgh?

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
The biggest surprise to me is that NBC scheduled a...Leafs/Jets game? Honestly, I get that Laine vs Matthew is compelling, along with all the Tavares drama. And featuring a few Canadian games is probably good - I would imagine half of my family wouldn't be able to name any Canadian team besides the Leafs. But it just seems almost suicidal for NBC to nationally televise a game between two teams in another nation...especially when hockey fandom is so balkanized. I like hockey, but I like the Bruins more - outside of the playoffs, I don't watch anyone but the Bruins.

Interesting that most of the Boston games are away games. I wonder if that's an issue with Causeway being a demolition zone for The Hub? It's harder to get those beautiful outside shots when the whole street looks like a giant Decepticon.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
The biggest surprise to me is that NBC scheduled a...Leafs/Jets game? Honestly, I get that Laine vs Matthew is compelling, along with all the Tavares drama. And featuring a few Canadian games is probably good - I would imagine half of my family wouldn't be able to name any Canadian team besides the Leafs. But it just seems almost suicidal for NBC to nationally televise a game between two teams in another nation...especially when hockey fandom is so balkanized. I like hockey, but I like the Bruins more - outside of the playoffs, I don't watch anyone but the Bruins.

Interesting that most of the Boston games are away games. I wonder if that's an issue with Causeway being a demolition zone for The Hub? It's harder to get those beautiful outside shots when the whole street looks like a giant Decepticon.

Long standing agreement with Celtics who prefer playing on Wednesday night and Sunday afternoons. The B's prefer Thursday nights.

upload_2018-8-13_21-37-12.png

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
I feel like the only 3 true rivalries are against the Rangers, Philly and Montreal.

Playing in Detroit is infuriating enough but putting it on national tv means I’ll be listening to Beers and Sirot on the radio.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Hey! I'm now loving the fact that the Bruins play in Arizona every year. Wish it was more!

You know I don't mind how they play Arizona (or any Western team) in a home and home.

But it drives me how they have to play every Metro Division team three times a year. A home and home with each of them is plenty.

Hand over those 8 remaining games to Divisional Opponents.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad