Post-Game Talk: Bruins lose 3-2 in the shootout

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
The NHL playoffs and International stage are two different things ...

What aren't you getting?

Horton was a similar producer for a non-playoff team in FLA and was good in the playoffs. I still have not seen one shred of evidence that says Eriksson can't do the same. Come see me when you have that.

Caper Bruins fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
He wasn't dangerous at all in regulation. 2 SOG with no points. In some people's mind that smacks of the likes of Gretzky and Richard.

I thought the same thing but when I saw him in the shootout I knew he was going to score.I thought the Bruins did a lot of things right tonight, Marchand brought some energy tonight.Soderberg and Smith continue to impress.It is a cliché but we just didn't play for the full 60 minutes.I still think the lineup we had tonight is capable of winning the Cup.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
I just laugh at **** like this. Eriksson made an absolutely sick pass to Krug near the end of the game and if Torey buries it for his second of the night, all the people crapping on Eriksson are singing his praises for setting up the GWG and battling back from the concussion so quickly. Eriksson doesn't "care"? Then why get back into the lineup so quickly instead of milking it?

Talk about fickle.

He had an opportunity for an uncontested shot in the slot and instead deferred to Krug who was coming in at a bad angle. These are the kinds of things we're praising him for now? He looks hesitant to shoot and his play has been very tentative.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
We need to play Montreal or something. This team needs a spark.

Eriksson will be fine. The second line had a couple of real good chances, couldn't finish. The Bruins always have these painstaking steaks, we'll be rewarded soon. I'd like to see Eriksson get a bit more selfish, has to take sone shots. He was finally getting comfortable, the concussion ****ed everything up. Hopefully we can light up Florida and get some confidence. Would be nice to take into the Toronto game.

The Bergeron line will get red hot real soon. All three of them are way too good to be playing like this. Just wait.

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
Frustration mode reading this thread, so much I'd like to respond to, but I won't. Won't lead anywhere since some people don't even seem to read opposing arguments. Think I'll just rage quit.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
He had an opportunity for an uncontested shot in the slot and instead deferred to Krug who was coming in at a bad angle. These are the kinds of things we're praising him for now? He looks hesitant to shoot and his play has been very tentative.

I guess if you define a DAL D directly in front of him as uncontested, sure.

And Krug scored from a worse angle earlier.

Loui is still getting comfortable here and was looking better before the concussion. He will be fine once he gets acclimated.

Neely08

Mar 9, 2006
North of Boston
Seguin and Peverley feel liberated to be out of Claude's system

You know what else they're liberated from?

The playoffs.

Well, except Tyler. To him the playoffs apparently equate to:

"**** dah teamb curfooo, and shiiiii....wheeew! Iymb supplosed tbo be slome bish lyke Bergerlon abnd Charla dat gloes to bled earlby? I jink those twbo bishes undner the table.

BAAAAAAAAH!

Fuu booo Bloston!!! Cornmers Sluck!! Right, Maaaw?"

Wheeew!!"

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Frustration mode reading this thread, so much I'd like to respond to, but I won't. Won't lead anywhere since some people don't even seem to read opposing arguments. Think I'll just rage quit.

I typically avoid the GDT at all times, and even more so after a loss. I feel like my IQ drops about 20 points just from reading some of this garbage, and I don't have many brain cells to spare.

Bruins 54

Nov 20, 2010
What aren't you getting?

Horton was a similar producer for a non-playoff team in FLA and was good in the playoffs. I still have not seen one shred of evidence that says Eriksson can't do the same. Come see me when you have that.

What Horton did has nothing to do what Eriksson will do .... sorry but what Horton did is not evidence to what Eriksson can do ...

Try again .... :shakehead

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
Holy overreaction by most of you guys. Those of you bashing on Eriksson for having a "bad game" when it was first game back from a concussion and not playing for a week :shakehead

Some pros from the game:
1. Marchand looked a lot better than his previous games.
2. The whole Marchand-Bergy-Loui line was buzzing today they just
have to finish their chances.
3. Soderberg and for the most part that whole 3rd line looked good.
4. The overall play was better from the whole team, that's not
saying much, but they have to clean up their game, too sloppy.

Some cons from the game:
1. Merlot line looks like their missing a jump in their step. Not
something to be worried about imo.
2. KIL line just looked sluggish for the most part but had some
good moments throughout the game (Hamilton goal to be one).
3. The B's overall need to execute their game a whole heck of a lot
better. They're just too sloppy.
4. I'm surprised about Tuukka's play over the last couple of games.
He'll come around though, but this team can't depend on him to
win the game for them while they play like **** all night.
5. This one goes to all those idiot fans booing Seguin and Pevs.
Instead of booing former Bruins for no reason, how about you
inject some life into the building and cheer for your team instead
of sitting there on your phones and pointlessly booing? It's not
like either of them were FA and left for more money. How about
boo the B's for having you pay for a $85 nap.

Caper Bruins fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
On a positive note, it looks like Smith has amazing vision. He's made some ridiculous passes this year. He's had a few too many turnovers as well, but I'm really liking what I'm seeing from him overall.
Smith seems like a perfect fit for the 3rd line. He works hard and he will still help the team even if he goes through stretches where he doesn't produce.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
What Horton did has nothing to do what Eriksson will do .... sorry but Horton did is not evidence to what Eriksson can do ...

Try again .... :shakehead

Ok, let's try this another way so you can understand.

What evidence was there from his time in FLA that Horton would be good in the playoffs? That he would be bad?

Answer to both is none.

What evidence is there from his time in DAL that Loui will be good in the playoffs? That he will be bad?

Did you see what I did there? I'm not saying Eriksson will definitely be good in the PO's, I'm just refuting the posters that assume he will be bad and are calling him a regular season player.

Hali33

Oct 18, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia

The collective blood pressure of this board right now could set off an atomic bomb. You'd think Seguin and Pevs just snatched the Stanley Cup out of Eriksson's hands or something.

bruinsfan46

Dec 2, 2006
London, ON
Loui Eriksson has the 2nd best Corsi in the NHL and the best Corsi relative to his teammates when he's not on the ice.

http://www.extraskater.com/players/dashboard?sort=corsi_pct&min_gp=50

I know some of you may not believe in all the fancy stats and I'm not saying they're perfect but it does tell a story that the Bruins are dominating possessionally when Eriksson is on the ice. The finish hasn't been there yet but when it comes, watch out.

Daishi

Apr 12, 2010
4. I'm surprised about Tuukka's play over the last couple of games.
He'll come around though, but this team can't depend on him to
win the game for them while they play like **** all night.
What are you surprised about? His SV% was .944 tonight. He's been stellar. You expected him to be worse?

Sam the Lion

**** the Habs
Aug 7, 2005
Texas USA
From an interesting Herald article this morning.
http://bostonherald.com/sports/red_sox_mlb/boston_red_sox/2013/11/red_sox_could_land_marlins_giancarlo_stanton_with_bold

“I remember at the time, one of the things we discussed, and Theo felt strongly about, is if you try to replicate exactly what you have, it’s probably not going to work the same,†said Ben Cherington, then one of Epstein’s lieutenants. “I think we have to go into this offseason with the same general mindset.â€

In other words, don’t be afraid to be bold, sentimentalists be damned.

DNE3

Sep 14, 2010

Eriksson was covered in the slot, no chance to shoot, and quickly found the open man Krug with superb pass. Eriksson looked more comfortable tonight than pre-injury. But continue search for negatives in early November.

Bruins 54

Nov 20, 2010
Ok, let's try this another way so you can understand.

What evidence was there from his time in FLA that Horton would be good in the playoffs? That he would be bad?

Answer to both is none.

What evidence is there from his time in DAL that Loui will be good in the playoffs? That he will be bad?

Did you see what I did there? I'm not saying Eriksson will definitely be good in the PO's, I'm just refuting the posters that assume he will be bad and are calling him a regular season player.

No ... its about YOU understanding your evidence is no better then anyone else's whether he will do good in the playoffs or not .... until he actually plays there .... get it??? Probably not ... enough said ..

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
No ... its about YOU understanding your evidence is no better then anyone else's whether he will do good in the playoffs or not .... until he actually plays there .... get it??? Probably not ... enough said ..

Dude, where did I say he was going to be good in the playoffs? Read and comprehend. I was just responding to a poster that said Eriksson was a "regular season" player and I asked him how he knew that.

Enough said? Is that what you say every time you don't make any sense? :laugh:

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
What are you surprised about? His SV% was .944 tonight. He's been stellar. You expected him to be worse?

I think you misunderstood probably because of the way I said it =P. What I mean is that Tuukka looks a bit shaky to me, but a part of that has to do with the team in front of him.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Despite the fact that over the years it had been shown over and over that the season is an 82 game grinding marathon, and that even championship caliber teams are not good all the time, that is exactly what some here expect from the B's.

Personally, I could give two sh*** what happens during the regular season as long as the B's finish in the top eight in the East and throw the switch come playoff time.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
We need to play Montreal or something. This team needs a spark.

Eriksson will be fine. The second line had a couple of real good chances, couldn't finish. The Bruins always have these painstaking steaks, we'll be rewarded soon. I'd like to see Eriksson get a bit more selfish, has to take sone shots. He was finally getting comfortable, the concussion ****ed everything up. Hopefully we can light up Florida and get some confidence. Would be nice to take into the Toronto game.

The Bergeron line will get red hot real soon. All three of them are way too good to be playing like this. Just wait.
I hope so man or these boards might get scary. Your posts are always/mostly insightful/positive(Patriots:sarcasm:) and I hope you are right. Ahhhh Bruins.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad