Post-Game Talk: Bruins lose 3-2 in the shootout

kytem2

Nov 18, 2003
Ottawa
Visit site
The complaint about Seguin is that he is a regular season player, yet Loui Eriksson is obviously also a regular reason player: he has not played in the playoffs since 2008.

How do the Bruins know he will be good in the post-season ?

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
The Leafs have played like **** most of the season as well.

Leafs giving up a ton of shots but the Bruins can't score so Leafs will be an issue.

Very opportunistic in how/when they score and the Bruins have consistently given up those opportunities.

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
I'll agree with whoever said Söderberg had a good game today. I think loads of our players looked good for long stretches of the game, but most made some very big mistakes with big turnovers or whatever to create the Stars' scoring opportunities. I can only recall one turnover by Yeti, and that was more of a weird bounce on the boards, I think.

Also: Go Blues!

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Last season Peverley was ******* invisible ALL YEAR.

And if Seguin could have stopped partying long enough to show up AT ALL in the Finals, the B's take home their 2nd Cup in 3 years.

People forget about that and are upset because those two score in a gimmick concocted by the idiots that run the NHL?

:shakehead

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
I thought he was ok tonight. Needs to shoot more though. That line has a play maker in Bergeron. Loui is paid to shoot

He definitely had some chances tonight where he should have taken the shot. I think, as he gets comfortable, he'll shoot more. I'm not worried about Loui.

Time to stick Soderberg on that line instead of Marchand, IMO. He looked better tonight, but not nearly good enough.

blackngold4877

Aug 31, 2006
I thought he was ok tonight. Needs to shoot more though. That line has a play maker in Bergeron. Loui is paid to shoot

I agee, he should shoot. There were several times he didn't shoot when he had the puck in the slot and tried to pass. We have enough of that. I like Eriksson as a player and think he'll be great in the long run but holy crap this team is just frustrating to watch when they go into these extended spells of not being able to finish.

ytownhockey10

tornado of souls
Mar 8, 2010
in the salt
unfortunately they've got another potential sleepwalk thursday before running into toronto... which at this point is shaping up to be a war

The Hajj

Sponsor
Feb 15, 2012
Boise, Idaho
CJ needs to scrap his "work to the points" philosophy in the offensive zone. The rest of the league has the Bruins system wired. The points are covered yet the Bruins keep trying to force their system. It will not work until they loosen up teams with low cycling for some time.

This team is not built for the CJ system either. They are short on the big, bruising corner guys and long on what I would call "tweeners". Guys that are not strong along the boards but too slow and not skilled enough to play a wide open style.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
This team is really hard to watch now, consistently get outworked by opponents, turnovers everywhere, Rask for all of his fine work gives up a lot of late goals, just awful hockey. I would hate to be a paying fan spending hard earned money on a bunch of guys going through the motions. Some of the few bright spots are Krug and Hamilton on the back end, they are supplying mobility and production and effort. I'm trying to find something positive about Erikkson but I just don't see it, hope things improve or else this trade is going to be a disaster.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Oh well. Lehtonen tallied another 5+ points between the OT and the W. Hooray for me.

Killer B

Honey Badger don't care
Aug 28, 2008
Wisconsin
Claude needs to find a way to light a fire under these guys, and fast...

Dare I say, it's time for some line shuffling?

L-K-I
Marchand-Bergy-Soda
Eriksson-Spooner-Smith
Pie-Kelly-Caron

Sit Thornton & Campbell

bruinsfan46

Dec 2, 2006
London, ON
Honestly, was Seguin even that good tonight? Kept reading how great he was playing from some posters with obvious agendas but I didn't think he was overly dangerous.

Rancid McGoiter

Still metal.
Feb 1, 2005

And if Seguin could have stopped partying long enough to show up AT ALL in the Finals, the B's take home their 2nd Cup in 3 years.

People forget about that and are upset because those two score in a gimmick concocted by the idiots that run the NHL?

This is a correct statement.

It makes for a cute headline on TSN, or fodder for Haggs, but nothing more.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002

I wish I knew how to post picture of this but kid just went in with players and is over with Colby Cohen and MacDermid, Bart and Caron also Ruth their former teammates. I'm off tomorrow Joe give be a call when u get a chance

ytownhockey10

tornado of souls
Mar 8, 2010
in the salt
Claude needs to find a way to light a fire under these guys, and fast...

Dare I say, it's time for some line shuffling?

L-K-I
Marchand-Bergy-Soda
Eriksson-Spooner-Smith
Pie-Kelly-Caron

Sit Thornton & Campbell

that'd have to be thursday or never... we need thorny and soups for TO.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
CJ needs to scrap his "work to the points" philosophy in the offensive zone. The rest of the league has the Bruins system wired. The points are covered yet the Bruins keep trying to force their system. It will not work until they loosen up teams with low cycling for some time.

This team is not built for the CJ system either. They are short on the big, bruising corner guys and long on what I would call "tweeners". Guys that are not strong along the boards but too slow and not skilled enough to play a wide open style.

Because they had so many big bruising forwards before?

B's lose Seguin, Pevs, and Horton (the one big forward) and replace them with Iginla, Eriksson, and Soderberg...all guys who are over 6'1" and 210.

Neither Seguin or Pevs are strong corner players, so I'm not sure what your point is?

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Honestly, was Seguin even that good tonight? Kept reading how great he was playing from some posters with obvious agendas but I didn't think he was overly dangerous.

He wasn't dangerous at all in regulation. 2 SOG with no points. In some people's mind that smacks of the likes of Gretzky and Richard.

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
Leafs are gonna run this crew ragged. Seguin top flight skills on full display in the shootout, Eriksson, not so much, shot the puck into the goalies catcher. Randy Burridge could do that.

Eriksson is a stiff , This is day one of the pain that trade will bring for the next 10 years :laugh: Good job Stars your team beat us on every possible level , From the net out. Great future with that team.

It was fun to see all that speed,skill and great goaltending on display :handclap:

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012

Thought he looked dangerous offensively in the first and at the end of the third. He was winning a lot of puck battles and looked good along the boards though, more so than I'd ever seen in Boston.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->