Rumor: Bruins looking around for a forward...

MoreOrr

B4
Jun 20, 2006
Mexico
We already did the discussion on the Bruins having had Seguin, so what about that guy named Jagr? He's now got 8 goals, only 2 Bruins currently have more than that. Of course the Bruins would've had to resign him.

Kaoz*

We already did the discussion on the Bruins having had Seguin, so what about that guy named Jagr? He's now got 8 goals, only 2 Bruins currently have more than that. Of course the Bruins would've had to resign him.

Which of his two goals throughout those 33 games in a Bruins uniform prompted you to suggest this, or was it both of them? That guy was a craptacular fit for this team.

MoreOrr

B4
Jun 20, 2006
Mexico
Which of his two goals throughout those 33 games in a Bruins uniform prompted you to suggest this, or was it both of them? That guy was a craptacular fit for this team.

All I'm pointing out is the irony of it. Don't read more into it than that.

Hey, your avatar is interesting. My first thought was the Bruins as being a black-hole. Or, don't enter the dark, the bear will get you. :)

Kaoz*

All I'm pointing out is the irony of it. Don't read more into it than that.

Hey, your avatar is interesting. My first thought was the Bruins as being a black-hole. Or, don't enter the dark, the bear will get you. :)

I just wanted to make people squint :P

Boston BROin

Marchand makes u mad
Feb 29, 2008
NYC
Seems as though Brayden Schenn is available. Philly is looking for defense. Any interest? What would it take?

Personally, I think he would be a good fit on this team. Kid can score and isn't afraid to throw his body around. Throw him up on the second line and that provides a more physical body for a good puck possession game.

EDIT: Already discussed. **** Sorry.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
Macdermid?

bigmac.jpg

:D

Bi Coastal Bawse*

Macdermid cleared waivers
Don't see this team claiming the other Big Mac. Steve Macintyre.

bruinsfan46

Dec 2, 2006
London, ON
It is kind of funny that MacIntyre hurt himself in preseason hitting Gazdic (when he was with the Stars) and the Oilers claimed Gazdic with Mac out and Gazdic has taken the job. Mac will be going to the AHL, can't imagine there's a place for him in the NHL anymore.

Kaoz*

It is kind of funny that MacIntyre hurt himself in preseason hitting Gazdic (when he was with the Stars) and the Oilers claimed Gazdic with Mac out and Gazdic has taken the job. Mac will be going to the AHL, can't imagine there's a place for him in the NHL anymore.

I'd love for the Bruins to grab him. Leave him as the 13th forward option and dress him against teams with a thug to neutralize him. He's a cat that can hang with the likes of Orr, Scott, McLaren, and all the rest and having him sit in the box for 5 is hardly an issue. A far better option then having Lucic or Chara sit there, or worse, injure themselves sticking up for teammates.He'd at least be more useful then a redundant Lane McDermid.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bi Coastal Bawse*

I'd love for the Bruins to grab him. Leave him as the 13th forward option and dress him against teams with a thug to neutralize him. He's a cat that can hang with the likes of Orr, Scott, McLaren, and all the rest and having him sit in the box for 5 is hardly an issue. A far better option then having Lucic or Chara sit there, or worse, injure themselves sticking up for teammates.He'd at least be more useful then a redundant Lane McDermid.

Macdermid was claimed and don't talk about the Bruins needing or should getting a HW enforcer. It's not welcome round these parts. I agree with you though

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
BUMP

for anyone underestimating how long the EVALUATION process really is, look at the date of the original post.

All these rumours of Petey looking and shopping and he fell flat on his face with a stacked team on a cheap deadline day --let the President's trophy winners get bounced while all of Claude's binkies got plenty of time.

Keeeeeep evaluating.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
BUMP

for anyone underestimating how long the EVALUATION process really is, look at the date of the original post.

All these rumours of Petey looking and shopping and he fell flat on his face with a stacked team on a cheap deadline day --let the President's trophy winners get bounced while all of Claude's binkies got plenty of time.

Keeeeeep evaluating.

Colt,

Agree that Chia needs to do something sooner rather than later THIS year. As far as your OP:

1) you posted in NOV 13 that you guessed that Chia would be buying at the expensive deadline, but now you are critical (in hindsight), and say that it was a cheap deadline. Do you get to have it both ways?

2) I don't think F was the problem. Chia should have grabbed a more experienced Top 4 (not Mez). That being said, IMO there were not a lot of quality d-men available at the deadline.

3) The Bruins DID win the Prez Trophy, which gains you nothing, but the B's lost Sides in DEC, and still accomplished that, which tells me that they were talented enough to go deep in the playoffs. The B's lost to MTL because the players that showed up during the regular season, didn't in the playoffs. IMO, that's on the players, not the GM.

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
Colt,

Agree that Chia needs to do something sooner rather than later THIS year. As far as your OP:

1) you posted in NOV 13 that you guessed that Chia would be buying at the expensive deadline, but now you are critical (in hindsight), and say that it was a cheap deadline. Do you get to have it both ways?

1) I thought for sure that he would have learned his lesson from the previous year (when we iced the "Dogman" in the finals due to lack of depth) and gone out to get some help for a run. That is what he was telling the media too, so it seemed logical.

2) I don't get your point --I'm MORE critical that he didn't pick anything up last year when the prices were much lower than your average deadline. Speculation, leading up to the deadline, was that it was going to be business as usual (read: expensive) the bottom dropped out of the sellers market and he STILL didn't do anything. Again, I'm not sure why we should let him off the hook for not being a buyer when it turned out to be a buyers market?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad