Confirmed with Link: Bruins-Lightning game rescheduled for April 25

Lost Horizons

Oct 14, 2006
Mass
Bruins-Lightning game rescheduled for April 25
By Fluto Shinzawa, Globe Staff

The Bruins-Lightning game, which was postponed on Saturday because of the storm, has been rescheduled for April 25 at TD Garden. The game will take place at 7:30 p.m.

It will be the second-to-last regular-season game for the Bruins. They will conclude the regular season on April 27 in Washington.

The game was originally scheduled to take place at 1 p.m. on Saturday. The game was moved to 7 p.m. but the driving ban and the MBTA closure made it impossible for Garden staff to arrive at the rink in time for the 7 p.m. start.

Last edited:

Lost Horizons

Oct 14, 2006
Mass
http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey/bruins/extras/bruins_blog/

No official word from the Bruins, but their website notes a schedule change that now has the Lightning visiting the Garden on Friday, April 26, what now stands as the last home game of the regular season. It lists the start time as ''PPD''. According to team spokesperson Matt Chmura, the NHL controls the scheduling portion of all individual teams' websites, making it appear that the league now considers April 26 the official makeup date.

NORY

Jul 23, 2011
Oakville, Ont
as ive read on here already they could do it on the 19th of feb. its an easy switch of games.

They swap the TOR @ FLA on the 18th with the TOR @ TBL on the 19th, then have TBL @ BOS and TOR @ FLA on the 19th.

BigBadBruin8

@rsox1221
Jul 31, 2005
Shrewsbury, MA
as ive read on here already they could do it on the 19th of feb. its an easy switch of games.

They swap the TOR @ FLA on the 18th with the TOR @ TBL on the 19th, then have TBL @ BOS and TOR @ FLA on the 19th.

Um, what? Maybe I'm just not getting it, but that makes no sense.

Not to mention it involves two other teams and another game. That would never happen. End up messing with two other teams+schedules to fit our missed game in? Please.

It's already rescheduled for the 26th regardless. That's the day, make your plans accordingly folks lol.

NORY

Jul 23, 2011
Oakville, Ont
Um, what? Maybe I'm just not getting it, but that makes no sense.

Not to mention it involves two other teams and another game. That would never happen. End up messing with two other teams+schedules to fit our missed game in? Please.

It's already rescheduled for the 26th regardless. That's the day, make your plans accordingly folks lol.

you not understanding it doesnt mean it doesnt work, but yes it is a strecth. im just looking for the earliest possible date. pushing it later when we already have so many games in so little time is going to suck for the bruins.

also i have yet to see the 26th set in stone, and as of now its not on any nhl site.

Last edited:

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
you not understanding it doesnt mean it doesnt work, but yes it is a strecth. im just looking for the earliest possible date. pushing it later when we already have so many games in so little time is going to suck for the bruins.

also i have yet to see the 26th set in stone, and as of now its not on any nhl site.

You don't know if those arena's are available on those days.

BigBadBruin8

@rsox1221
Jul 31, 2005
Shrewsbury, MA

Sure it'll suck for the Bruins and Lightning, but that doesn't mean we can affect anybody else's schedule. That might be the most homerific thing I've ever read here. Force two other uninvolved teams to change their preexisting schedules so we have an easier make up game? Wow.

And it'll be the 26th almost certainly.

NORY

Jul 23, 2011
Oakville, Ont
You don't know if those arena's are available on those days.

already checked, works for all arenas. its really just a one day switch and toronto is already in florida for both those days. not a huge change in their schedule, its not like it forces these other teams to have an extra back to back or anything.

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
already checked, works for all arenas. its really just a one day switch and toronto is already in florida for both those days. not a huge change in their schedule, its not like it forces these other teams to have an extra back to back or anything.

Not all arena events are made public. For example, the Northeastern graduation doesn't appear on the TD Garden calendar, yet it's booked for May 3rd; and there are numerous other private/business events scheduled that never appear on the calendar.

Sec311Row6

May 30, 2008
Sure it'll suck for the Bruins and Lightning, but that doesn't mean we can affect anybody else's schedule. That might be the most homerific thing I've ever read here. Force two other uninvolved teams to change their preexisting schedules so we have an easier make up game? Wow.

And it'll be the 26th almost certainly.

@GlobeKPD: NHL resked of Sat Bolts-Bruins. Now official. April 25, 730 pm, at Garden.

Thursday 25th at 730pm

Braunbaer

May 21, 2012
Great, so now from the 24th of February on, the Bruins will play every other day. Once a 2 day-break and 5 times back-to-back.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
No more Friday. Phew. My butthurt about selling my seats to this one for cheap has subsided since I thought it was gonna be Friday night good to hear its Thurs. Nice that Friday is open still for a C's playoff game too (might need home court though which isn't lookin too likely.)

BB624

Jan 1, 2009
Boston Ma-Roslindale

I know it doesn't matter anymore but the 19th is not available. Disney on Ice is there. Yes there is no event but the Ice is not the same. All lines are taking off and ice replaced with new ice for the event. There would not be enough time to redo the ice with the lines. Also for the event half the boards are taking out

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad