Pre-Game Talk: Bruins @ Leafs - Saturday HNIC

Status
Not open for further replies.

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
I’m intrigued by Mikheyev-Kerfoot-Marner. I think they’re all skilled and smart enough to really work well together.

Could also have 3 #1 lines when Tavares is back:

11-34-88
65-15-16
42-91-24
18-33-19

hector morrison

Apr 1, 2018
Matthews 5v5 icetime creeping up now, and his underlying numbers are still amazing.

Among NHL forwards:

5v5 icetime/gp: 14:46 (23rd overall, comparables: Eichel, Kopitar, Seguin)
5v5 stats and league ranking (min 80 minutes played):
CF%: 67.08 (5th overall)
SF%: 66.09 (9th overall)
xGF%: 68.43 (13th overall)
Kinda hate to say it...but ,he needs to be better! Money ,expectations and time in the league. more ice time might increase his numbers.

hector morrison

Apr 1, 2018
I’m intrigued by Mikheyev-Kerfoot-Marner. I think they’re all skilled and smart enough to really work well together.

Could also have 3 #1 lines when Tavares is back:

11-34-88
65-15-16
42-91-24
18-33-19
Kerfoot /Miky are gonna see a better quality of competition now. hope they keep their stick on the ice while playing with Marner!

Reactions: MyBudJT

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
Kinda hate to say it...but ,he needs to be better! Money ,expectations and time in the league. more ice time might increase his numbers.

You shouldn't hate to say it. Our 10M+ club should be expected to be dominant every night and noticeable each and every shift. The team's fortunes fall on their shoulders. Their contracts are the reason why they will be sharing the ice tomorrow with 8 near league minimum teammates. Surely a group of 8 players making less than 60% of either Matthews or Marner can't be expected to have huge impacts on the team.

hector morrison

Apr 1, 2018
You shouldn't hate to say it. Our 10M+ club should be expected to be dominant every night and noticeable each and every shift. The team's fortunes fall on their shoulders. Their contracts are the reason why they will be sharing the ice tomorrow with 8 near league minimum teammates. Surely a group of 8 players making less than 60% of either Matthews or Marner can't be expected to have huge impacts on the team.
The big money brings big expectations (fair or not)...sure the contracts have just begun,but 'game on' boys! They got paid before they won anything,so time to shine...to be fair,i would let the Matthews/Marner pair start now and let them become what we all expect. But likely not till Babs is gone!

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON

You're absolutely right. We go nowhere if those guys don't play up to expectations. Your depth can only carry you so far. We have good depth, IMO, but it only works if the big boys produce.

hector morrison

Apr 1, 2018
You're absolutely right. We go nowhere if those guys don't play up to expectations. Your depth can only carry you so far. We have good depth, IMO, but it only works if the big boys produce.
Tough balancing act really. Vets,rookies,up and comers ,all wanting to be paid! You might not win it all without the proper depth players,but you gonna win nuttin' without the allstars playin' like they should.

Reactions: Suntouchable13

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Post-Game Talk: - Leafs lose 4-3 in Washington

above is my post in the post game

today Matthews
Maple Leafs confident players will step up with Tavares out

"Somebody is going to get the tough matchups so we have to make sure we play well in our own zone and without the puck especially against their top line," Matthews said."They're really solid and one of the top lines in the League."

So Matthews knows exactly what I am talking about. That is, playing well without the puck.

Matthews reading my posts on HF :laugh:

:sarcasm:

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
I get babs lines. It's always best to keep lines familiar, in order to build on chemistry even when players are out.

Although... if we are trying to win games.

Mikhayev - Matthews - Marner
Johnsson - Nylander - Kapanen
Moore - Kerfoot - Timashov
Shore - Gauthier - Spezza

Reactions: Atomos2

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
I get babs lines. It's always best to keep lines familiar, in order to build on chemistry even when players are out.

Although... if we are trying to win games.

Mikhayev - Matthews - Marner
Johnsson - Nylander - Kapanen
Moore - Kerfoot - Timashov
Shore - Gauthier - Spezza

I would do:

Mikheyev-Matthews-Moore
Johnsson-Nylander-Marner (soft line - but hey we have last change and they have no Krejci)
Timashov-Kerfoot-Kapanen
Goat-Spezza-Shore

Matthews line takes on Bergeron line

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
John Tavares is a BEAST who came 3rd for the Rocket last year. All ya'll hating on him after 6 games are going to look like a bunch of Bruins fans fleeing the game 12 minutes before it ends by the end of the season. I'm bookmarking posts left right and centre and I plan on using them.

Reactions: Ciao and rubous

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Anyone else getting tired of all this "sky is falling" junk?
It's October 18th, Stop spazzing out.

But anyways...

Hoping for the good version of the team to show up tonight, they should be rested.

Go Leafs Go!
lol it's here for a reason.

Lots of people can see that this team has brought the same energy from the 2nd half of last year.

Reactions: Al14

glue

Jan 30, 2006
Toronto
Hard to be optimistic with the way leafs have started this year. To me time for the big money boys to actually earn their pay (though I doubt it).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad