Confirmed with Link: Bruins/Leafs - James Greenway for future consideration

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Was always wondering about him when checking their roster during the Swayman years. Interesting

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
Nothing wrong with this deal, as long as we can sign him.
Has 94 games played in US College hockey.
I would think he plays for Providence next year...another Willy Sherman / Nick Wolff?

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Wow, amazing toolset on this kid. I love that Sweeney is taking chances on high ceiling prospects. Hopefully the B's can get him signed and develop him.

What an athlete at 6'5 D

He is already 23. Off to a so so 2020-2021(ncaa struggles)

Maybe turning him into a winger is an option?

Reactions: Blowfish

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
The only thing I knew about that Maine team was that they left Swayman out to dry and he crushed it... maybe not the best endorsement of their big defenseman
The only thing I know is the leafs offed him and they are so shallow on defence. I doubt he ever makes the nhl to be honest. Unless the leafs are stupid.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
The only thing I know is the leafs offed him and they are so shallow on defence. I doubt he ever makes the nhl to be honest. Unless the leafs are stupid.

Maybe he told them he wasn’t signing with them and they moved his rights?

Chances are he doesn’t make the NHL but it doesn’t hurt to find out. Talent looks to be there.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
2007 Sweeney (Actually it was Chia) swung a deal for a then little known, big defenseman with low scoring totals who ended up being a very important and effective player and teammate.

McQuaid was a second round pick, Greenway a third rounder.

Never say never.
If that's his absolute ceiling, I'm completely fine with that.

Low risk. Medium reward.

Worse case scenario, he protects some guys in Providence for us.

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
Like this move! Although is toronto moving him for nothing because they sense hes going ufa? Any other reasons? But bloodlines good, position of need good, size good.

good, good, good.

and it cost money i assume

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->