Confirmed with Link: Bruins/Leafs - James Greenway for future consideration

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Seems the light has come on for management that you need size on Defence finally.Lol Question is when we finally have some bigger defence will we still have any forwards that can score goals left.

Reactions: Gordoff and sarge88

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
For Leafs to give up on a 3RD pick, there must be some underlying issues. Not even signed to an AHL deal ?
Hope Sweeney has done his homework .
We don’t know what he gave up,draft pick is all I would assume,and probably around the same round or lower.So really what’s the risk ,he may be mainly for Providence .

Reactions: Gordoff

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
So he's Jordan's younger brother and played at Wisconsin and Maine. Big dude. Hopefully he is a late bloomer and can amount to something. Seems like a harmless deal by DS with only possible upside. It would be great see the reaction of Leafs fans if he ends up being an NHLer.

Reactions: Gordoff and sarge88

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
For Leafs to give up on a 3RD pick, there must be some underlying issues. Not even signed to an AHL deal ?

He will become a UFA on July 1. Surely he didn't want to sign with Toronto and that's why they traded him; and maybe Toronto didn't particularly want him either. Similar to Adam Fox and Calgary but for a much lower calibre player.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
I love the word “truculence.” Oh so very underused in our English language.

This guy sure used it a lot. :nod:

ff8dfa164e3c8764629f5271cf8b_Gallery.jpg

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
No "off ice" issues I know of... just a guy that TOR drafted based on his projectibles as an 18 year old that never translated into his actual on ice play. He's not an NHL player but could find a niche as an AHL player.

Reactions: Gordoff

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Future considerations. Oh how I would have liked to see that phrase attached to someone like Jimmy Hayes et al. a few times over the years. Anyway, here's hoping the Bruins can turn this kid around and make an NHLer out of him.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
and no, never really were
he took 5 years to get here
I personally would've been happy enough giving him an AHL look, but he was, truthfully, left out of almost Leafs prospect ranking or list for like 3 years now.
Most Leafs writers and fans forgot he even existed, forget being kind of high on him

Bust. Him and Rasanen had probably the lowest IQ of any Leaf prospect. Couple Mark Hunter fridges. Dealt with some personal problems and missed a lot of games a couple seasons ago.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
Big D project, wonder if this is to pack Providence for next year or to replace a D prospect we might be losing?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad