Proposal: Bruins-Jets

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
To Winnipeg

Milan Lucic and a prospect(Knight)

to Boston

Evander Kane

Not sure if the Jets would do it or how B's fans would feel about Looch in another uniform, but I really think Kane would be the guy to get the Bruins over the top, thoughts of Kane and Seguin on a line would be electric. Even though Lucic has struggled offensively he still would garner a lot of interest around the league, so maybe the Jets would be interested.

What do people think? Would either team do it? Flame away.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
I don't understand why B's fans are so obsessed with Evander Kane.

He's a good player, he KO'd Matt Cooke, but that is a huge overpayment. Lucic is struggling something fierce right now, but he is a one of a kind type of player. To give him up basically for something new and shiny is shortsighted.

TooMuchMan

Sep 29, 2010
Deep Space Nine
No.

Certainly Evender Kane has the higher offensive ceiling - but Milan Lucic is still unique for his ability to put up top-six points and intimidate like he can, his season-to-date performance notwithstanding.

Obviously, everyone wants to see Lucic return to form, but he's a unique property... and you don't deal unique properties for anything short of a significant overpayment.

8Neely8

Jul 3, 2009
No ****en way.......:loony:

Kane is way over rated...and seems like a kid with a chip on his shoulder....no thanks

BB624

Jan 1, 2009
Boston Ma-Roslindale
Why would Winnipeg do it? That is my question. Kane locked up thru 17/18 season. With a reasonable cap hit of 5.25M. Lucic is 6m thru 15/16. To me you are not go to gain much more if you are Winnipeg.

And Kane is 3 years younger.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
As expected most people understandably do not want to trade Lucic, but if the Bruins did consider moving him and most think it would take an over payment from the other team, what player(s) would you consider dealing him for?

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
As expected most people understandably do not want to trade Lucic, but if the Bruins did consider moving him and most think it would take an over payment from the other team, what player(s) would you consider dealing him for?

They aren't. The Bruins are not emotional fans.

Frankie Spankie

Feb 22, 2009
Dorchester, MA
Not ready to move Lucic yet. I also don't get the obsession with Evander Kane. He is young fast, mean but lacks polish and maybe a bit of hockey sense. He also plays for Atlanta-peg were players players cement their bad habits daily. Pass. Might be something I consider in a year if Lucic continues to dissapoint and Kane adds a little to his game.

Are you describing Kane or Lucic here? :P

I'm all for a Lucic-Kane swap. Lucic is overrated. I keep hearing he's a one of a kind player, there are plenty of wingers who more often than not are invisible on the ice. He used to be a great player until he got his face bashed in by Colton Orr and his high ankle sprain. Now he looks like a shell of his former self. I know he has had better statistical seasons since but the best I've seen of Lucic was the 2009 playoffs. Such a force that the other team would giveaway the puck for fear of getting hit just because of his presence, he didn't even have to be near them. Now he looks lazy and slow (well, slower than usual,) he doesn't care out there and hasn't since he got a big paycheck IMO. Go back to using that big body to terrorize the opponents and open up areas and stop thinking you're a goal scorer. More goals happened as a result of his physicality than his skills with the puck.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->