Boston Bruins Bruins Jeremy Jacobs, Charlie Jacobs, Cam Neely End-Of-Season Press Conference

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Is it just me or do you find this presser far less interesting and worth watching than the one with Don and Cassidy?

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Is it just me or do you find this presser far less interesting and worth watching than the one with Don and Cassidy?
well ya have Papa and Charlie yakking so never going to be riveting TV but Cam was as open as one can get, clearly he wants to upgrade the top 6 but as he said, they`ve tried to do this in the last few years and just haven`t been able to. Not sure why, I don`t think it`s a money thing, this isn`t a team who shies away from the cap ceiling and as Cam stated, "as long as they can skate" when answering a question about adding size and grit to the top 6

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
We're now almost a week out from the end of the season...no official "To the Greatest Hockey Fans" letter from the Bruins organization? Admittedly, I basically skim over the things, and I get why one wasn't done before or on the weekend. But you'd think that by Monday, they'd have thrown something on the website. I guess the thanks that Jacobs gave fans was the surprise ticket hike in March.

I guess Jeremy's smarting from the fact that he had to return sponsorship money to PPG Paints because they had to cancel the Paint the Ice event due to extreme sadness.

TheBigZ

Dec 18, 2007
Dallas, TX
www.hfboards.com
I noticed they talked about the seat upgrades but no mention of a new Video Board. I know it's been talked about for a few years, but is it actually going to happen this year?

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
We're now almost a week out from the end of the season...no official "To the Greatest Hockey Fans" letter from the Bruins organization? Admittedly, I basically skim over the things, and I get why one wasn't done before or on the weekend. But you'd think that by Monday, they'd have thrown something on the website. I guess the thanks that Jacobs gave fans was the surprise ticket hike in March.

I guess Jeremy's smarting from the fact that he had to return sponsorship money to PPG Paints because they had to cancel the Paint the Ice event due to extreme sadness.

Well they did do this

Reactions: BMC

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
I noticed they talked about the seat upgrades but no mention of a new Video Board. I know it's been talked about for a few years, but is it actually going to happen this year?

"Upgrades" is a relative term. My row had 13 seats in it, and will now have 14, so...doing the math, that doesn't sound like much of an upgrade. But they do look nice and plush. I wonder how long that will last...there's more wear-and-tear on them than in normal seats, I imagine.

They've been mentioning a new jumbotron for ages...they need it badly. Hopefully for the 2020-21 season. Or, for that matter, hopefully the 2020-21 season actually happens in the first place...although it would give them plenty of time to install the scoreboards.

Clint Eastwood

Eff the Habs
Nov 11, 2018
Bahh. The Jacobs family can go f*** themselves. Self-absorbed pricks.

Do you think that cheap Mr. Krabs looking f***, otherwise known as Jeremy, is concerned about the cup lost or concerned about not being able to sell Cup Finals gear at the parade to store in his 8th gifted yacht stored in the BAHSTON HAHBOR?

At least he gets to sell a regular, ordinary bag of red doritios for $5. FIVE f***ING BUCKS for a bag of doritos.

Reactions: Fenian24 and dabid

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Bahh. The Jacobs family can go **** themselves. Self-absorbed pricks.

Do you think that cheap Mr. Krabs looking ****, otherwise known as Jeremy, is concerned about the cup lost or concerned about not being able to sell Cup Finals gear at the parade to store in his 8th gifted yacht stored in the BAHSTON HAHBOR?

At least he gets to sell a regular, ordinary bag of red doritios for $5. FIVE ****ING BUCKS for a bag of doritos.

You don't have to buy them :laugh:

Reactions: Gee Wally

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
You don't have to buy them :laugh:

That's the thing. I definitely understand the backlash to the predatory pricing of concessions at sporting events. From a value-based perspective, it feels incredible unfair for a 99 cent bag of doritos to be $5 or a bottle of bud light to be $12 or whatever.

The thing is, the Jacobses are not dumb, the items are selectively priced at a point where they know they'll get max revenue. They're $5 because they know enough people will buy them there.

BAD BOY

Mar 24, 2018
Peabody, Mass

Do you think that cheap Mr. Krabs looking ****, otherwise known as Jeremy, is concerned about the cup lost or concerned about not being able to sell Cup Finals gear at the parade to store in his 8th gifted yacht stored in the BAHSTON HAHBOR?

At least he gets to sell a regular, ordinary bag of red doritios for $5. FIVE ****ING BUCKS for a bag of doritos.
He spends up or near the cap. I don’t care about 20-25 years ago.

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston

Im sure you are 100% correct with this thought out post. Better buying boats than **** jobs. The other owners of the other teams in Boston are in it for the fun. Its free to go see the sox and pats. The Celtics? it should be free.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
anything neely said worth reading? obviously the other 2 aren't giving out anything useful on the hockey side.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
That's the thing. I definitely understand the backlash to the predatory pricing of concessions at sporting events. From a value-based perspective, it feels incredible unfair for a 99 cent bag of doritos to be $5 or a bottle of bud light to be $12 or whatever.

The thing is, the Jacobses are not dumb, the items are selectively priced at a point where they know they'll get max revenue. They're $5 because they know enough people will buy them there.

It's marketing 101, if they can make more money selling 50 bags at 5 dollars instead of 200 bags at 1 dollar that's what they do.

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma

Meanwhile

FB-PriceDrops_2019-768x768.jpg

Reactions: wintersej

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad