Rumor: Bruins interested in Karl Alzner

Pengu

Jun 24, 2016
On a 1 year deal for less than 1 m, fine. Anything more and it's garbage....

Garnet76

Dec 3, 2017
Chatham Ontario
Alnzer was decent in Laval last year. He's a good team guy and will help the younger players. I'm sure he can do some spot duty on a bottom pair in the NHL but you can't expect much more than that. If the Bruins are interested in him being a 7th defenceman in the NHL so the younger talent can get lots of ice time in the AHL that does make some sense. I'm just not sure he's the best option out there.

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
Great veteran to have around, will definitely help the kids, and probably the team spirit overall, but not sure he got a whole lot left for the NHL, even though Julien treated him like shit, I just think there's a reason Washington didn't re-sign him in the first place... but for a low cost, there's no risk involved.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
i'd take him for league minimum on a 2 way deal. no downside and really good dude
for the young guys.

DaPhazz

Jun 30, 2016
During the past seasons I went to Laval a couple times to watch the Rockets play, Alzner looked like an old beer league player. It was pretty weird.

Reactions: Morrison

remer

Oct 18, 2005
During the past seasons I went to Laval a couple times to watch the Rockets play, Alzner looked like an old beer league player. It was pretty weird.

Well for the AHL maybe but not sure why. Hasn't played a number of games in the NHL since 2017-18.
There has to be better options. Geesh Sweeney pull something exciting out of your hat.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I'm going with- this is a smokescreen for the B's, who are meanwhile working on shockingly good and important signing which they are about to reveal to the world.

Reactions: Morrison

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Alzner was washed up already 3 years ago when he left Washington, and now he’s barely good enough for the AHL even.

He broke his hands so many times blocking shots that his wife needs to open the pickle jars for him.

He can probably barely hold on to his stick at this point and someone wants to sign him??

Just goes to show how NHL GMs live in the past.

Random schmoe

Random fan with their own opinions
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2019
Alzner's the type of guy who should be brought in on a PTO for a no obligation look at what he has left, if anything. Not an actual contract months ahead of time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad