Rumor: Bruins interested in Karl Alzner

maxbme

Jan 13, 2016
Alzner is a great guy, but he should not be considered more than a good vet for the AHL team at this point.
Pretty sure that's what it would be. Alex Petrovic came in for that role last year, but he just signed with the flames.

just org depth, not an expected regular player

Reactions: wintersej

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
Its ok... Leafs vs Bruins 1st round... lets dance
You guys keep saying this but I don't really get it. The Bruins haven't done anything this off-season. They've signed Miller and lost Krug, for some reason didn't outbid for Schmidt, haven't signed Chara yet and may lose Rask. I mean sure, they'd probably beat the Leafs again but that's a dead horse at this point.

Reactions: rocketdan9

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
You guys keep saying this but I don't really get it. The Bruins haven't done anything this off-season. They've signed Miller and lost Krug, for some reason didn't outbid for Schmidt, haven't signed Chara yet and may lose Rask. I mean sure, they'd probably beat the Leafs again but that's a dead horse at this point.
Well I for one would strongly reccomend alzner .! If you ask me , 2 yrs may help keep the term down to . Say two years at 1.2 per or 3 yrs 1.11

Reactions: Spearmint Rhino

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006

By Miller, do you mean Smith?

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
There’s talk that some UFA might have to sign over seas as the available cap just isn’t there for teams after the RFA class is signed. How Alzner could pull any NHL contract at this point is beyond me

Reactions: Morrison

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
Well I for one would strongly reccomend alzner .! If you ask me , 2 yrs may help keep the term down to . Say two years at 1.2 per or 3 yrs 1.11

Why?

Honestly, why?...Alzner looked absolutely lost from the moment he hit the ice with the Habs...his footspeed is less than an acceptable NHL-level, his decision-making is worse than his footspeed, and it's not like he's a punishing hitter to make up for his detrimental play everywhere else...you could seriously grab a much better Dman for even the League minimum at this point

Reactions: Holystik

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Why?

Honestly, why?...Alzner looked absolutely lost from the moment he hit the ice with the Habs...his footspeed is less than an acceptable NHL-level, his decision-making is worse than his footspeed, and it's not like he's a punishing hitter to make up for his detrimental play everywhere else...you could seriously grab a much better Dman for even the League minimum at this point
I think you missed the sarcasm - I’m hoping it was sarcasm anyways...

RiverbottomChuck

Jul 20, 2018
Washington DC
Whats funny is before the tire fire off-season for the B's some joked on the team board they would end up doing nothing and signing Alzner. It writes itself with this team sometimes, love em but it's true.

Souker

Feb 10, 2020
I mean... sure he can be a 7th-8th D. MAYBE surprise some and bounce back into a decent 6th D in the right system... but why?
Feels like there must be better options.

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
Why?

I know by but I’m a Habs fan who don’t like the Bruins you see . I’d want pencil him in as a third pair and maybe top 4 when their really really stuck . It was really not a disrespectful sarcasm , more a kind of hopeful optimism . Sweeney seems pretty bright to me so I don’t think you have to worry .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->