Injury Report: Bruins Injury Thread V

Status
Not open for further replies.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
98.5 mentioned that Chara might be out tonight with a possible groin strain. First I've heard of it.

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
I called it before and I'm calling it now Wagner arm not broken. Book it.

Lavar Ball, is that you?

tenor.gif

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
I think Rear Ad is coming in from the front office side whereas Whitney is coming in more from the player side.

In all honesty, the Miller situation falls somewhere in the middle.

Part of me would love to see him back for at least a game but the other side of me says leave Clifton in the line up.

The other side says...I want him healthy, just case.

Reactions: Ladyfan

Dupell6

Jul 5, 2013
The other side says...I want him healthy, just case.
Exactly. Have to get him ready to play if he's needed. If there are no injuries to the defense you keep him out. If clifton is healthy he plays, Miller has been out to long at this point.

BobbyAwe

Nov 21, 2006
South Carolina
Exactly. Have to get him ready to play if he's needed. If there are no injuries to the defense you keep him out. If clifton is healthy he plays, Miller has been out to long at this point.

I see your logic but I sure would like to have Miller for the rough stuff right off the bat. We know the Sharks or Blues are going to try to intimidate us physically especially in the first game.

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World
I see your logic but I sure would like to have Miller for the rough stuff right off the bat. We know the Sharks or Blues are going to try to intimidate us physically especially in the first game.
Didn't someone mention that he may make it back if we get to the Final? Or was that just a pipe dream I've chosen to believe as reality? LOL

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Zdeno Chara sat out Game 4 for Bruins

RALEIGH, N.C. — The Bruins opened the series without defenseman Charlie McAvoy. They clinched it without his top-pair partner.

Zdeno Chara, who participated in Thursday’s morning skate, did not dress for Game 4 of the Eastern Conference finals against the Carolina Hurricanes. The team said he was day to day with an undisclosed injury.

“This time off will help him,” coach Bruce Cassidy said after the Bruins completed the sweep. “I believe he’ll be ready to go in Game 1, whenever that is. We don’t think it’s serious, but I’ve said that before about some of our guys and found out later.”

BruinsFTW

Jun 26, 2007
Boston, MA
Since we have 11 days off Chara should feel a lot better...

What about Miller? Its definitely nice having Clifton, love the kid...Tough choice but I'd imagine if Miller is ready to go he'll play.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
Since we have 11 days off Chara should feel a lot better...

What about Miller? Its definitely nice having Clifton, love the kid...Tough choice but I'd imagine if Miller is ready to go he'll play.

Even if miller is ready I think Clifton needs to play his way out of the lineup. He’s been huge and deserves it.

Thirty Seven

Jan 23, 2017
Miller shouldn't go in unless there's an injury. Clifton has earned his spot to play in the finals.

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto

This would seem to suggest it's not broken. If he had a broken arm, they would know by now, wouldn't they? And if it was indeed broken, they would know for sure that he won't be playing - none of this waffling and uncertainty.

JHockey14

Mar 7, 2008
CT
This would seem to suggest it's not broken. If he had a broken arm, they would know by now, wouldn't they? And if it was indeed broken, they would know for sure that he won't be playing - none of this waffling and uncertainty.

I took it to mean that he 100% broke it. 4-6 week injury, 4 weeks would be 11 June. Game 7 scheduled for 12 June so probably 1% chance he plays but who knows.

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
I took it to mean that he 100% broke it. 4-6 week injury, 4 weeks would be 11 June. Game 7 scheduled for 12 June so probably 1% chance he plays but who knows.

Hard to tell what the question was from the press conference, but Sweeney's response seemed to be about being ready for the start of the series.

And this is the way it was reported in the Globe (emphasis mine):

Defenseman Kevan Miller and forward Chris Wagner are both unlikely to play in Game 1 of the Stanley Cup Final, Bruins general manager Don Sweeney said Saturday morning at Warrior Ice Arena.

Seems to me if Wagner had a broken arm, he wouldn't be merely "unlikely" to play in game 1, he'd be ruled out definitely. But, perhaps we'll know more in time.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
Hard to tell what the question was from the press conference, but Sweeney's response seemed to be about being ready for the start of the series.

And this is the way it was reported in the Globe (emphasis mine):

Seems to me if Wagner had a broken arm, he wouldn't be merely "unlikely" to play in game 1, he'd be ruled out definitely. But, perhaps we'll know more in time.

They have been this way about Kevan Miller for the entire playoffs so I wouldn't get hopes up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->