Nov 21, 2009
USA
Whish this game was an afternoon holiday game
Oops my error should be on the game thread
Sorry about that

BobbyAwe

Nov 21, 2006
South Carolina
That is true. Would have been better if he broke the bone. Hand tendons injuries are a mess. Real bad luck...

My main concern is that he is 100% for the rest of his career, when ever he comes back. The team is taking up the slack for now, so it's only the long range effect that concerns me. I am VERY superstitious (in a bad way) about Bruin stars or "hopefuls" as far as injuries, (career ending or career affecting) go. I won't provide a list here as we all know the long, sad story :oops:

BobbyAwe

Nov 21, 2006
South Carolina
Tendons in thumb after surgery take up to 12 weeks to heal and up to 6 months to get full range of motion back.In some cases they never get full range of motion back.I googled it

What was the nature of Samsonov's wrist injury and do you think it hampered him somewhat for the rest of his career? I'm not sure but his stats seem to indicate it did? That's the type of injury that comes to mind concerning Pasta and I am worried a bit...

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
What was the nature of Samsonov's wrist injury and do you think it hampered him somewhat for the rest of his career? I'm not sure but his stats seem to indicate it did? That's the type of injury that comes to mind concerning Pasta and I am worried a bit...

Yeah Sammy was never the same after that injury. Here's hoping Pasta didn't do any lasting damage.

Prince Pasta

ANTHONY!
Aug 20, 2006
The Granite Town in The Granite State

Samsonov had ligament damage in his wrist which basically derailed his career. That kind of wrist damage is vastly different in its recovery and lasting effects on his shot (power and accuracy) then the thumb injury will have on Pasta's. I wouldn't anticipate any career shorting effects from this kind of thing.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

BobbyAwe

Nov 21, 2006
South Carolina
Samsonov had ligament damage in his wrist which basically derailed his career. That kind of wrist damage is vastly different in its recovery and lasting effects on his shot (power and accuracy) then the thumb injury will have on Pasta's. I wouldn't anticipate any career shorting effects from this kind of thing.

:thumbu:

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
I'd like an update on Pastrnak please.

No news on him since the original report which was re-evaluate in two weeks after the surgery I believe. So I guess next week there will be some information about how long he projects to be out.

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
Damn. That's not good, I have in my hockey pool and playoffs start on March 4th.

This is the hockey gods punishing me for drafting 3 bruins including Pasta.

whatsbruin

Feb 27, 2002
Central, NY
That is true. Would have been better if he broke the bone. Hand tendons injuries are a mess. Real bad luck...

I cant comment on tendons, but I wouldn't wish a broken wrist on anyone. In 1/2017 I fell and shattered my left wrist in several pieces. I have a metal plate in there now, reduced flexibility, and I can lift just over 10 lbs with it. If I was a pro hockey player, my career would be over. If I still played hockey at any level, it would be done. Now I got dupuytrens going on in my left hand, and that really sucks.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Globe 23 Feb

David Pastrnak, sidelined since undergoing thumb surgery Feb. 11, is expected to meet Monday with the team’s medical staff to gauge his progress.
It’s likely he’ll need a minimum 10-14 more days before he is a candidate for game action, although Cassidy made clear that no timeline has been established.
“Haven’t heard anything,” said Cassidy. “He got stitches removed, I think, and I don’t know what that means, to be honest with you. He’s progressing well. I haven’t seen him. I haven’t seen him at all since the day before he had his surgery. I hear he is in good spirits.”
No one should be counting on Pastrnak jumping right back into the lineup in the coming week.
“I don’t think he’s been on skates yet,” noted Cassidy, noting that players, postsurgery, often remain off skates to minimize the risk of surgical incisions becoming infected.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Also.

Injury slows Krug

The Bruins lost the services of Torey Krug, their top point-producing defenseman, with a lower-body injury toward the end of the third period.
“He got lower-bodied right here at the blue line at the end — he kind of went down awkwardly,” said Cassidy. “So he was trying to test it out, but if he gets out there in overtime and it’s not functioning . . . that’s too much ice to cover. So we decided to sit him down.”
Cassidy, other than adding, “I don’t think it’s serious,” said he knew little more about the veteran blue liner’s condition.

prizminferno

Feb 14, 2019
he won't be fully healthy til at least the 25th~ which means 6 or 7 games til the playoffs after that

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
I’d prefer they use excessive caution on his return during the regular season. It’s not perfect but if he comes back and is weak on the puck due to his thumb, it’s not only an injury risk it’s also a downgrade in quality of play as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->