Injury Report: Bruins Injury Thread IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
I'm sorry, but I have to do this. I'm officially hitting the panic button for this season.

Pasta out for...well, Bruins say two weeks for reevaluation. Reevaluation - not return. They seem to "expect" him to return this season. This does NOT look good.

Whose sponsorship dinner was it at 11:30 PM after a game? Four Loco?

Plus, Sweeney says it won't change his approach to the trade deadline. That's bullshit. I get that he's not going to come right out and say, "Well, we were buyers, but now we have to see if we might think about selling." But in the words of judge Judith Scheindlin, don't pee on my leg and tell me it's raining. Just shut your mouth. Be non-commital. I make fun of Billy B in Foxboro for it all the time, but....SHUT UP!

A team that has one scoring line has lost its scoring winger. I mean...I guess it's good that it wasn't a shitstorm this weekend with Heinen being moved up and Pasta being put with Krejci, but...this gets a huge thumbs down from me.

Reactions: BMC

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
I think they upped the initial 2 week estimate to 3 weeks. The "re-evaluate" and expected to play again this season is the concerning part as to how much more missed time there might be.

No question it's something to be concerned about. 3 weeks is likely a really bad sprain. A break would be 4-6 weeks so it's a pretty significant injury either way you slice it

weaponomega

Feb 9, 2004
Calgary, Alberta
tenor.gif

World of Wardlow

Unscripted Violence
Jul 13, 2006
Montreal
this is gonna end up being 4-6 week type of recovery. Very difficult to overcome a hand injury (post surgery) in 3 weeks.

I think they'll approach this the same way they did with Bergy last year. If the bruins are flying and (miraculously at this point) winning tons of games, then Pasta will rest and take time to be healthy for the end of season/playoffs. If the team is struggling, which I won't be surprised given the offense, then their hands may be forced and Pasta comes back closer to 90% then 100%.

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
Yup, no pasta they dont even make the playoffs. This is what happens when you have no depth. This call falls on Sweeney

Is it a lock they don't make the playoffs without #88 in your everlasting optimistic view?

TorMapleJays

Jun 24, 2012
Is it a lock they don't make the playoffs without #88 in your everlasting optimistic view?
Didnt you guys lose Bergy for like 4 weeks last year? I think he is your best player. Obviously losing #88 is huge, but to say you guys wont make the play offs is a little steep. I am sure you guys will be fine, you guys always are.

(Wrong guy quoted)

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
Didnt you guys lose Bergy for like 4 weeks last year? I think he is your best player. Obviously losing #88 is huge, but to say you guys wont make the play offs is a little steep. I am sure you guys will be fine, you guys always are.

(Wrong guy quoted)

That's ok, you're 100% right though. Some posters here aren't happy unless something bad happens. It's long odds if #88 is hurt how far they can go, but anything can happen

Reactions: HOLDEN44FAN
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->