Injury Report: Bruins Injury Thread IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
There was a big gap between Moog/Lemelin and Thomas/Rask.
And a bunch of times I thought we had the guy.

Dafoe but we knew his age.
Jim Carey had a resurgence. Jim Carey won a Vezina in 95-96. Midway thru 96-97 he gets traded to the Bruins and it’s a train wreck. I think there was an injury, but I’m not sure.
Andrew Raycroft he was the guy, so poised and young. Nope.
Heck I was young enough to believe in Delguidice and my best friend believed in Blue.

Anyways it was a ride.

Last edited:

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario

Jim Carey had a resurgence.
Heck I was young enough to believe in Delguidice and my best friend believed in Blue.

Anyways it was a ride.
I remember jim carrey wasn't he called the net detective and has an ace card on his helmet?

Paddington

Mar 8, 2011
Toronto

Jim Carey had a resurgence. Jim Carey won a Vezina in 95-96. Midway thru 96-97 he gets traded to the Bruins and it’s a train wreck. I think there was an injury, but I’m not sure.

Anyways it was a ride.

Matt Del-friggin-guidice. Hahaha. There's a blast from the past.

You're right about the revolving door we had. I'm of the age where I began my fandom during the Lemelin era. After moog...oh boy. There were a whole bunch of guys that got my naive hopes up...starting with Ranford. I wanted Cujo from Edmonton that year but whatever. Then, of course, we get into Blue, Carey, Toivanen, etc. I even got excited about the Hackett acquisition. Then, of course there was the Raycroft ROY year. Oh brother. I think I'll go back and dig up a list of Bruins goalies from about '93 until Thomas....just for giggles.

Edit: how could I forget Jon Casey, Blaine Lacher, Robbie Tallas, and John Grahame.

Reactions: HustleB

GlenFeatherstone

Feb 15, 2016

You're right about the revolving door we had. I'm of the age where I began my fandom during the Lemelin era. After moog...oh boy. There were a whole bunch of guys that got my naive hopes up...starting with Ranford. I wanted Cujo from Edmonton that year but whatever. Then, of course, we get into Blue, Carey, Toivanen, etc. I even got excited about the Hackett acquisition. Then, of course there was the Raycroft ROY year. Oh brother. I think I'll go back and dig up a list of Bruins goalies from about '93 until Thomas....just for giggles.

Edit: how could I forget Jon Casey, Blaine Lacher, Robbie Tallas, and John Grahame.
Vincent Riendeau

Reactions: Paddington

Dueling Banjos

Oct 29, 2014
The B's have been extremely fortunate to go from Thomas to Rask.
Rask is elite, and his numbers prove it. Sure he has a bad week or two. Lets in an easy goal or two, but
you watch any goalie enough, and you'll see the same thing
. For those who have only watched Rask and Thomas, do some research and look at the goalie carousel prior to Thomas. I just hope when Rask is done here they have someone close to his ability.

Very well said.

Bolded part, watch any goalie enough; it's inevitable, bad week, easy goal or two, those things always happen in the long run.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004

Craig Billington

LouisSleigher

Jul 6, 2013
SW Ohio
Us old timers remember also that before the Lemelin/Moog era there was a prolonged goaltending drought following the demise of Gilbert/Cheevers.
Other than Pete Peeters, who was good for about a year and a half, we suffered through the likes of Jim Craig, a washed-up Rogie Vachon, Marco Baron, Mike Moffat, Doug Keans, Pat Riggin, Jon Casey, and others. Dark days indeed.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
The update on Bruins goaltender Tuukka Rask - The Boston Globe

Teammate David Pastrnak, here for this weekend’s NHL All-Star festivities, said he exchanged texts with the Finnish stopper on Tuesday — some 72 hours after Rask was felled by charging Ranger forward Filip Chytil.

“I texted him [to see] if he was all good,” said Pastrnak, “and he said he was all good — that was our entire conversation — he said he was feeling good.”

Rask and the rest of his teammates, other than Pastrnak, aren’t expected to be heard from again until Monday when the club reconvenes for an early-afternoon practice in Brighton. They play the Jets the next night at the Garden.

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
Us old timers remember also that before the Lemelin/Moog era there was a prolonged goaltending drought following the demise of Gilbert/Cheevers.
Other than Pete Peeters, who was good for about a year and a half, we suffered through the likes of Jim Craig, a washed-up Rogie Vachon, Marco Baron, Mike Moffat, Doug Keans, Pat Riggin, Jon Casey, and others. Dark days indeed.
I was very young but I liked, Keans, Peters and Lemelin. I felt like they had a good run but again, I was quite young. :)

Reactions: LouisSleigher

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner

Steve Shields :naughty:

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
wow remember that hot second that felix the cat played for boston.

Remember manny fernandez spelling timmy for a season? was that 2008/09?

Yeah I thought we found our goalie finally. I thought that a few times in that era. It was horrible.

Reactions: BMC

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
The update on Bruins goaltender Tuukka Rask - The Boston Globe

Teammate David Pastrnak, here for this weekend’s NHL All-Star festivities, said he exchanged texts with the Finnish stopper on Tuesday — some 72 hours after Rask was felled by charging Ranger forward Filip Chytil.

“I texted him [to see] if he was all good,” said Pastrnak, “and he said he was all good — that was our entire conversation — he said he was feeling good.”

Rask and the rest of his teammates, other than Pastrnak, aren’t expected to be heard from again until Monday when the club reconvenes for an early-afternoon practice in Brighton. They play the Jets the next night at the Garden.

I know these aren't official releases but it makes me feel better hearing from his agent and now Pastrnak that he is doing okay. We dodged a bullet if this is the case! I hope he is resting and relaxing somewhere nice and warm.

Reactions: BMC
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->