Bruins injury thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
Crying about Marchand getting a cheap shot and the other guy not getting anything is a waste of your time IMO. Marchand has been suspended umpteen times, and fined another umpteen times he could have gotten suspended... these guys deserve what they get which is shame because one day he really may get his and it will hurt our chances of success exponentially.
Sorry Lou, I can't get on board with this take. Marchand deserves supplemental punishment when he crosses the line, because he's earned that. But he absolutely does not deserve to get a head shot with no call. That's simply the refs not doing their jobs.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Sorry Lou, I can't get on board with this take. Marchand deserves supplemental punishment when he crosses the line, because he's earned that. But he absolutely does not deserve to get a head shot with no call. That's simply the refs not doing their jobs.

Didn’t say it was ok but crying about it is pointless. He will never get a lot of calls and has the rep, he did it to himself. Live by him and die by him

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
Didn’t say it was ok but crying about it is pointless. He will never get a lot of calls and has the rep, he did it to himself. Live by him and die by him

Marchand has been (for him) a model player this year. When does he start getting calls his way? We’re not privvy to what’s said on the ice between him and the refs of course (and the mock white flag waving didn’t help) but we’re talking about a player taking a lot of punishment out there and they turn a blind eye.

When does that end?

Reactions: Strafer and Ladyfan

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Marchand has been (for him) a model player this year. When does he start getting calls his way? We’re not privvy to what’s said on the ice between him and the refs of course (and the mock white flag waving didn’t help) but we’re talking about a player taking a lot of punishment out there and they turn a blind eye.

When does that end?

Most likely is it wont.
Those bridges are burned

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be

When does that end?

Yeah waving the white towel I’m sure endeared himself to all the officials this season.

Calls will never go his way. Guys like him get penalties for breathing on players and it takes a mugging to get a call. Is what it is

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ

Sorry, I still say this is the refs letting their emotions dictate how they call a game, and not calling what they play is, but who the player is. As an official myself, I can't abide by that philosophy. I still say it's them not doing their jobs the right way.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Sorry, I still say this is the refs letting their emotions dictate how they call a game, and not calling what they play is, but who the player is. As an official myself, I can't abide by that philosophy. I still say it's them not doing their jobs the right way.

I agree with you 100 pct and this league would be much better with a ref like you in it

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
he got a measly 5 games iirc and Johnansson missed all of February & March. Marchand deserved it every bit as much as Bruins fans think Matt Cooke deserved to get KO'd.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
The logic being one is a habitual offender and the other is not?
That doesn't make it right. If a guy gets away with stuff (I don't know if Zajac has gotten away with stuff in the past) but it doesn't matter, he
took a cheap shot on Marchand and needs to pay the consequences. Does the NHL want Marchand to get killed?
What exactly does the NHL DoPS and the Union want to happen? Even in games where Marchand plays "civilized" he repeatedly gets punished by opposing players and the officials. The officials looking the other way makes it obvious that there is an agenda to get Marchand no matter what he does. He can not get an even break. If he were a criminal and went to jail for his crimes and then gets out, does he not deserve to be protected like anyone else? Does he lose his human rights under the law once he's been labelled a "con?" No he served his time and has a right to protection from illegal and dangerous acts. If God forbid someone cripples or even kills him on the ice his wife and family will hire a legal team to show that he isn't/hasn't been protected (by video and by league policies not being followed in his case) by the league and the league would have to pay out $billions IMO.

Last edited:

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Cassidy said Marchand was not feeling good before the last game and is a game time decision tonight.

Last edited:

BobbyAwe

Nov 21, 2006
South Carolina
Now McAvoy on IR

Maybe I'm just being superstitious but I have a bad waking dream about McAvoy and these injuries. I don't even know what it is this time but I close my eyes and I see Gord Kluzak. Been a B's fan since 1968 and, though I may be wrong, it seems we've seen more career's cut short or that never even got off the ground because of injuries than any other team? This kid seems absolutely snake bit and I hope I'm just jumping the gun? He makes me feel like saying - "here we go again." :(

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
He was listed today out with lower body injury not sick.Cassidy is full of it.

According to who?

From the Bruins' site:

With Charlie McAvoy already having been ruled out with a lower-body injury and David Backes banished three games by the NHL's Department of Player Safety, coach Bruce Cassidy confirmed following an optional morning skate that Brad Marchand will miss the crucial Atlantic Division matchup with an upper-body injury/illness.

Need to Know: Bruins at Sabres

BBB24

Aug 12, 2010
Saskatchewan
Allow what? Do you give *****e bags the benefit of the doubt in your life? I don’t.
Allow what?... Allowing the rules in place to broken by some against certain players because certain players have a past. Not sure if you are aware but you should be, there is one rule book, not a rule book for some and another for “ certain players.” Rules are in place for a reason sone, same rules for all, so as I said before, if they are looking the other way when shit happens to Marchand because of his past, then it clearly shows how unprofessional the refs are and how bush league the NHL is for letting it happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad