Bruins injury thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
I love Marchand, but to be honest, him missing the WC due to a headshot against the Devils after the elbow on Johansson would be some poetic justice.

Like if this happened to Tom Wilson we'd probably be celebrating. Sucks for Marchand, but I can't call it unfair.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
I love Marchand, but to be honest, him missing the WC due to a headshot against the Devils after the elbow on Johansson would be some poetic justice.

Like if this happened to Tom Wilson we'd probably be celebrating. Sucks for Marchand, but I can't call it unfair.

What you can call unfair though is he gets punished for bad hits and guys who get him do not.I can see why he snaps.

Prince Pasta

ANTHONY!
Aug 20, 2006
The Granite Town in The Granite State

While I can understand the logic, Marchand got 5 games, Zajac will get nothing

Prince Pasta

ANTHONY!
Aug 20, 2006
The Granite Town in The Granite State
The logic being one is a habitual offender and the other is not?
More the Idea of "Poetic Justice", we all remember Lucic borderline boarding Randy Jones a year after the Bergeron Hit. Its the idea that a stray elbow that didnt need to be thrown last year knocked the guy out for a quarter of the season, now Marchand get's knocked out (Potentially) for the WC and at least 1 game due to a stray elbow that didnt need to be lifted/thrown. Marchand got suspended for that (rightlfully) but Zajac isn't going to get anything (wrongfully)

I'm not comparing Marchand to Wilson, Wilson is a whole different level of stupid. But I'm sure other fanbases would hold them in the same regard.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
More the Idea of "Poetic Justice", we all remember Lucic borderline boarding Randy Jones a year after the Bergeron Hit. Its the idea that a stray elbow that didnt need to be thrown last year knocked the guy out for a quarter of the season, now Marchand get's knocked out (Potentially) for the WC and at least 1 game due to a stray elbow that didnt need to be lifted/thrown. Marchand got suspended for that (rightlfully) but Zajac isn't going to get anything (wrongfully)

I'm not comparing Marchand to Wilson, Wilson is a whole different level of stupid. But I'm sure other fanbases would hold them in the same regard.

Crying about Marchand getting a cheap shot and the other guy not getting anything is a waste of your time IMO. Marchand has been suspended umpteen times, and fined another umpteen times he could have gotten suspended... these guys deserve what they get which is shame because one day he really may get his and it will hurt our chances of success exponentially.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic

I want him to play in the WC because he makes the Bruins better. I do kind of see your point, though. Lots of people might not like it, but I can see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->