Bruins injury thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Oh okay I didn't know the Bergeron injury was potentially season ending... keep the man out for another month or two if you gotta.
From what I've read, surgery is a possibility with that injury if rest doesn't take care of it.

But every time he's been "in public" since the injury, I've never even seen him wear a sling. Maybe he's got some kind of brace on underneath, who knows.

I hope he takes whatever time is needed to recover.

But selfishly I want him back tomorrow. :laugh:

Reactions: BMC and Emerz

nfld77

Aug 13, 2007
Newfoundland
From what I've read, surgery is a possibility with that injury if rest doesn't take care of it.

But every time he's been "in public" since the injury, I've never even seen him wear a sling. Maybe he's got some kind of brace on underneath, who knows.

I hope he takes whatever time is needed to recover.

But selfishly I want him back tomorrow. :laugh:

I dont think you're selfish my friend..If you are, isn't all of us..No matter when he comes back, no one wants him back until he's good and ready, not you, not me, not any Bruin fan.. If Bergy required Surgery, wouldn't you think he would have been under the knife by now?? Why wait a month unless there's alot of swelling..

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
I dont think you're selfish my friend..If you are, isn't all of us..No matter when he comes back, no one wants him back until he's good and ready, not you, not me, not any Bruin fan.. If Bergy required Surgery, wouldn't you think he would have been under the knife by now?? Why wait a month unless there's alot of swelling..
Yeah, until there is something a lot more official in regard to potential surgery, I'm going to be... what's that word....optimistic? o_O

Who have I become :laugh:

Reactions: BMC and Dr Hook

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario

When someone asked on their Facebook page where they got this information, this is the reply:
upload_2018-12-7_13-33-12.png

I wouldn't believe everything that is posted by sites like this. The info seems to be a bit vague, wouldn't you say?

veganbruin

Sep 20, 2013
Boston, MA
Yeah I don’t really think that is a good source. I don’t think the outlook is any different now than it was. I remember last year when Bergeron cracked his foot, the Hockey Media was saying he would likely miss the playoffs, but everyone around the organization knew he would be back.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB

You see it all the time in sports.Shea Weber of Montreal waited months. .How many times you see a player in a sport during off season seem like they are on track and just before season starts they get surgery and the fan is like that should have been done 2 months ago so would of been ready for training camp .Its very common.

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
that's on schedule though...they would reevaluate him after 4 weeks from the initial injury. It hasn't been 4 weeks yet, right? am i losing my mind?

Yes, you are correct, it was never 4 weeks and he is good to go as some may have thought or hoped. Same for Chara, I assume waiting for the swelling to go down.
DeBrusk is out for the weekend now, still lingering problems from that puck to the head. Bjork is being evaluated in Boston for an injury too.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
You see it all the time in sports.Shea Weber of Montreal waited months. .How many times you see a player in a sport during off season seem like they are on track and just before season starts they get surgery and the fan is like that should have been done 2 months ago so would of been ready for training camp .Its very common.

This is right- I think it is just a case of them not wanting to go under the knife- who does?- and hoping the injury heals. Some injuries take a while, and after a couple months in the summer or so, they realize it isn't going to heal properly and so the surgeries come right as the season starts.

Reactions: 22Brad Park and BMC

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Its taken an awful long time for Vaaka to return...are they just being extra cautious?

I hope he is back soon, because the team could use his capability/skating/smarts at the back end

Reactions: FanSince72

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Jake DeBrusk to miss next two games - The Boston Globe

The ever-expanding M*A*S*H list of injured Bruins on Saturday added the name of Jake DeBrusk, the second-year winger is feeling ill — with symptoms often related to a concussion — which will keep him out of the lineup this weekend.
“Came in yesterday and was not feeling well, and was not feeling great during the Tampa game (Thursday), said coach Bruce Cassidy. “So right now, can only speculate. We know he got hit in the back of the head with the puck in Toronto (Nov. 26)….but played…so right now we are waiting for him to come and let us know where he’s at.”

Budddy

Dec 9, 2008
Okanagan
Jake DeBrusk to miss next two games - The Boston Globe

The ever-expanding M*A*S*H list of injured Bruins on Saturday added the name of Jake DeBrusk, the second-year winger is feeling ill — with symptoms often related to a concussion — which will keep him out of the lineup this weekend.
“Came in yesterday and was not feeling well, and was not feeling great during the Tampa game (Thursday), said coach Bruce Cassidy. “So right now, can only speculate. We know he got hit in the back of the head with the puck in Toronto (Nov. 26)….but played…so right now we are waiting for him to come and let us know where he’s at.”
FFS...:thumbd:

RiverbottomChuck

Jul 20, 2018
Washington DC
It's always annoying when the Patrice Bergeron Cyborg Parts Emporium is out of stock on certain items and we gotta wait for our terminator's parts to come in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->