Bruins injury thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Bergeron skated before practice. Sean Kuraly and Ryan Fitzgerald (both lower body) joined him . . . Rask was home sick from practice. “A little bit of the flu bug,” Cassidy said, noting that Miller and Jake DeBrusk dealt with the same of late. Rask, assuming his sniffles are gone, will start Saturday against the Flyers. Jaroslav Halak gets the nod against the Red Wings . . . Jakub Lauko and Joakim Nordstrom remain out.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Here's a source for the above:

Yikes. I mean, generic LBI when he had an LBI before is one thing...but when the boot comes out, it's NEVER a good thing.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Krug is getting re-evaluated in 3 weeks looks like the best case scenario is that he is gone 4-5 weeks. I wonder if gryz gets his spot or if Cassidy has like enough of what he has seen out of Vaak to get him in a 3rd pairing role.

Reactions: Wrigley

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Sprains are the worst. I sprained my foot years ago and it was pure misery. Didn't help that I was an absolute klutz on crutches. :laugh:

Globe article: Torey Krug to miss at least three weeks with new ankle injury - The Boston Globe

Late in Game 4 of the Bruins’ second-round series against Tampa Bay, Krug crashed blades-first into the end boards, fracturing his left ankle. This new injury, both he and Sweeney said, is not the same injury, though it is the same leg. Krug said it happened when his skate caught a rut while he played a tough puck in the corner.

Caught in a rut, you say? So.... bad ice? :skeptic: :mad:

00BW

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 14, 2012
Framingham, MA
Man, these Bruins D can't catch a break. Zboril, Grzelcyk, and now Krug all injured in the preseason.

With all the D injuries the Bruins have had the past 2 years, I fully understand why they have 8 NHL D (even after the McQuaid/Kampfer deal).

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I hope this thread is very short this season.

Last year was brutal with all of the injuries.

Get well Hobbit.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Bruins are making do on defense without Torey Krug - The Boston Globe

The Bruins charter flight departed Hanscom Field in Bedford Tuesday afternoon and, as expected, Torey Krug remained grounded. His ankle injury, sustained late in the preseason, is expected to keep him out of action until the start of November, though it looks as though he’ll begin to skate again any day now.

“Progressing well, may skate this week,” said coach Bruce Cassidy, prior to the start of an all-Canadian road trip that will kick off Wednesday in Calgary, followed by stops in Edmonton, Vancouver, and Ottawa. “If he gets on the ice at some point this week, that’s always a step in the right direction.”

Reactions: Chief Nine

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Bruins are making do on defense without Torey Krug - The Boston Globe

The Bruins charter flight departed Hanscom Field in Bedford Tuesday afternoon and, as expected, Torey Krug remained grounded. His ankle injury, sustained late in the preseason, is expected to keep him out of action until the start of November, though it looks as though he’ll begin to skate again any day now.

“Progressing well, may skate this week,” said coach Bruce Cassidy, prior to the start of an all-Canadian road trip that will kick off Wednesday in Calgary, followed by stops in Edmonton, Vancouver, and Ottawa. “If he gets on the ice at some point this week, that’s always a step in the right direction.”

Bruins powerplay is more dangerous with him.

Reactions: FanSince72

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Hopefully the update on Miller is positive and he will be in on Saturday. Even though I think Miller has not been great so far this season, I really, really do not want to see Steven Kampfer on our blue line.

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Hopefully the update on Miller is positive and he will be in on Saturday. Even though I think Miller has not been great so far this season, I really, really do not want to see Steven Kampfer on our blue line.
Kamp was not bad in pre-season and he is replacing a 3rd pairing guy. For a game or two till they get home against these 2 teams, I am okay with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->