Injury Report: Bruins Injury Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Krug being out definitely hurts there offence,but man he has been pretty awful defensively.
No one has been that good really and without his offense they are not playing in this series. He was leading all dee in the playoffs and was basically the power play QB. Tampa targetted him because no one else was skating it out, Mac may never be what everyone thinks.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
No one has been that good really and without his offense they are not playing in this series. He was leading all dee in the playoffs and was basically the power play QB. Tampa targetted him because no one else was skating it out, Mac may never be what everyone thinks.
I think he will,that knee isn’t right yet,he isn’t playing the way he did earlier in the season,or even in last years playoffs.

Reactions: Estlin

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
We should learn about injuries today one would think.

Won’t be surprised if Krug broke his ankle. I also suspect he had either a sports hernia or a hip pointer that he played through the last part of the season.

I’m really curious to find out what DeBrusk and Bergeron played through.

I wonder if we will also get a surprise injury or two.

Reactions: HustleB

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015

Won’t be surprised if Krug broke his ankle. I also suspect he had either a sports hernia or a hip pointer that he played through the last part of the season.

No doubt. Guaranteed a lot of guys were dealing with something more than the usual bumps and bruises. Backes, (not just the hit yesterday) Marchand, possibly Krejci (cue the haters "he's always injured!") Rick and Riley Nash were obviously not right since the end of the season. Should be pretty telling about how some played

whatsbruin

Feb 27, 2002
Central, NY
It wasn't the only reason the B's lost, but the injuries to players in the last month were killer. Most of the returned players, were never the same: Chara, McAvoy, both Nash's.

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
Saw a tweet that Bergeron had a pretty bad injury (makes sense since he missed a game against TML), and the Marchand had a nagging injury. Would rather no post the tweet because I don't think it's from a verified media member (so hard to tell these days), but neither one of those would surprise me. I'll be interested to see if it's confirmed.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Didn't Kevan take a puck off his hand early in Toronto series, or right at the end of the season? I can't remember the game, but I do remember he had his glove off his right hand on the bench and del Negro was looking at it. If it was a fracture, or a bad bruise, that would explain some of his atrocious puck work of late and his non existent shot- maybe he can't grip very tightly. Also he never dropped the gloves and the way the two series' went you would have thought he would have had at least one rumble.

Reactions: BMC and Ladyfan

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Saw a tweet that Bergeron had a pretty bad injury (makes sense since he missed a game against TML), and the Marchand had a nagging injury. Would rather no post the tweet because I don't think it's from a verified media member (so hard to tell these days), but neither one of those would surprise me. I'll be interested to see if it's confirmed.
From where I sat they both were playing hurt.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub

THIS^^^ I hope NOW that the Bruins can get out of "Kremlin" mode and
tell us what exactly each player was/is going through (if they get a HIPAA waiver) injury-wise. I do think that once we hear what they were fighting we'll appreciate their commitment even more.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
I was hoping breakup day was going to be today. I'm very curious about the injuries. If the top of my head, there's Krug, Backes, DeBrusk, Marchand, and Bergeron, at the very least. Wonder how many, if any, will need surgery.

We wait another day...

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
I was hoping breakup day was going to be today. I'm very curious about the injuries. If the top of my head, there's Krug, Backes, DeBrusk, Marchand, and Bergeron, at the very least. Wonder how many, if any, will need surgery.

We wait another day...

I saw you posted and I figured you had one of those updates that you're always so kind to post so the rest of us non-Twitterites get up to the minute news. Guess we have to wait some more! :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad