Injury Report: Bruins Injury Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobbyAwe

Nov 21, 2006
South Carolina
Patrice Bergeron might have been a late scratch for Game 4 of the opening round of the Stanley Cup Playoff series against the Toronto Maple Leafs, but there's a chance that Bruins center might be back in the lineup on Saturday.
Speaking after the Bruins' 3-1 win over the Maple Leafs Thursday, Bruins head coach Bruce Cassidy noted that Bergeron's upper-body injury has been an issue that he has been dealing with for some time, adding that there's a chance his top-line center might be good to go for Game 5 at TD Garden. (masslive.com)

Sounds like it's not a concussion? :thumbu:

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Think it's shoulder related. He hasn't been able to put a lot of torque/snap into his shots of late.
Seems like he had the same issue earlier in the year where he wasn’t shooting the puck with anything on it,than he seemed to get it back.Lets hope he is back Saturday,they need to put the Leafs away ,than have a few days of for rest.

gvkmedia

20th Captain in franchise history.
Mar 2, 2002
Oshawa.
www.hollandbloorview.ca
I heard on TSN radio this morning that watching him come into the Gardens, they could see what appeared to be dressing/bandages on his left arm - through his suit. If anyone can watch HNIC and see the opening - there should be a shot of him arriving at the arena. Focus on his left arm..... I missed that and did not record the game.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
I heard on TSN radio this morning that watching him come into the Gardens, they could see what appeared to be dressing/bandages on his left arm - through his suit. If anyone can watch HNIC and see the opening - there should be a shot of him arriving at the arena. Focus on his left arm..... I missed that and did not record the game.
Only footage I saw he had his jacket draped over that arm when he came in,announcers speculated that maybe he was hiding that arm or wrist.

Reactions: TCB

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Unless he did regular stickwork, I wouldn't read too much into a skate for an upper body injury. Probably more conditioning than anything, although that's better than not skating at all, I suppose.

At least they narrowed it down to half a body instead of a "body injury" :laugh: :help:

Number8

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
I would hold bergy out. Let him heal for the second round.
Not knowing anything, I kind of agree. However, if we go back to Toronto 3-2 anything can happen.

I know that I’m pulling hard for NJ to stretch the TB series. Wish Kucherov has gotten a game.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Came here looking for an update on Bergy. And as crappy as it is I am very happy to see this!

that quote has me "thinking" that it`s likely not a concussion issue. Can`t see the B`s Dr`s just letting Bergy play on with previous history....that`s what I`ll cling to

Reactions: blazenlo

Bruin1970

Feb 23, 2018
Not knowing anything, I kind of agree. However, if we go back to Toronto 3-2 anything can happen.

I know that I’m pulling hard for NJ to stretch the TB series. Wish Kucherov has gotten a game.
Yep- if it’s 3-2 he goes back in. I’d love to see NJ extend the series.

BOSBruins

Apr 20, 2018
that quote has me "thinking" that it`s likely not a concussion issue. Can`t see the B`s Dr`s just letting Bergy play on with previous history....that`s what I`ll cling to

It is an issue with his arm, he was nursing it when walking into the rink last night

BRUINS since 1995

May 10, 2010
Au pays de la neige
Jesus c.... they see through clothes ;).

Reactions: caz16
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad