Post-Game Talk: Bruins in the SENS Den, Saturday Night Dec. 30, 7:00 pm on HNIC

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Maybe someone that has some juice really doesnt like EM.......

We all should remember all the roadblocks put in place, that delayed the Building of the Palladium, by Provincial and Municipal progressive politicians.

They all (progressive politicians) seem to think that Pro Sports Team owners, are somehow trying to "get away with something" whenever they try to increase revenue streams, to help support their investment in the community.

And now the need for this type of support is evident in other small market cities, for the sustainability of the franchise, with the Lebreton proposal.

It seems that progressive politicians are always years behind, if not decades, when it comes to private business, and economic outlooks and paradigm changes in the economy.

Just look at the brand spanking new Arena in Edmonton, and the long term high priced contract given to their super star.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
I don't see Karlsson's pride being able to take losing the "C". If that was even suggested by Boucher or Dorion they'd better be ready to trade him. That said if it ever came to that, I agree with those who think that Stone might be a good choice. The question is would Stone's public honesty hurt him with his mates and management in the long run. There is a lot more pressure having to speak for the team than a player occasionally spewing off displeasure after a bad game or series. As fans we like it cause it shows heart and caring but as we've seen so often most captains toe the team line because players tend to want to keep things in the dressing room.

You do know that he's wearing an A on with sweater now, right?

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
We all should remember all the roadblocks put in place, that delayed the Building of the Palladium, by Provincial and Municipal progressive politicians.

They all (progressive politicians) seem to think that Pro Sports Team owners, are somehow trying to "get away with something" whenever they try to increase revenue streams, to help support their investment in the community.

And now the need for this type of support is evident in other small market cities, for the sustainability of the franchise, with the Lebreton proposal.

It seems that progressive politicians are always years behind, if not decades, when it comes to private business, and economic outlooks and paradigm changes in the economy.

Just look at the brand spanking new Arena in Edmonton, and the long term high priced contract given to their super star.
The goverment wants the team downtown,and they want the big cash influx as well as a huge destination.For the billion dollar LRT .....What they dont want ,is for EM needing taxpayer dollars to help finance it...He doesnt have the money this much i think we can all see

Reactions: Nac Mac Feegle

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Agreed. He has a real haircut, friggin tight to the scalp crew cut. I don't think he has any tattoos. He's from Winnipeg and he is super skilled and lays massive body checks, the guy has captain written all over him. Plus she shows EMOTIoN!!! Like God we need a captain they shows more than frustration as his only emotion. Plus as everyone knows your chance of winning a cup increases with a good ol boy Canadian maple syrup for blood man

Lmao you had me going for a while there.

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
The City also turned down his request for rezoning, so that he could build a a multiple soccer field Facility beside the CTC, and be in the running to land a NASL soccer franchise........ so that he could attract business in the spring and summer.
Looks like there were competing interests and someone else had more clout and won out. The CFL stadium needed other tenants or it wouldn't have happened on its own. I don't know how or what tipped the scales of justice but then I haven't done the research which I'm sure the city planners did.

SAK11

Oct 4, 2011
Been thinking for a while that Stone acts and feels more like the kind of Captain we need. More business than joking around.

This again leaves me saying that people are reaching for things to complain about.
Karlsson is playing coming off a short offseason that saw him go through surgery and recovery from a serious injury as opposed to rest and training.
That injury, as we all know, was one that he shouldn't have played through but he did, taking us to within a goal of the Stanley Cup final. It was a run in which we almost never scored unless he was on the ice. One of the gutsiest, most amazing playoff performances I've ever seen in any sport. His play exuded leadership and passion.
I get that the season has fallen apart but now we're complaining about stuff that's ridiculous. Imagine stripping Karlsson of the C because Stone gives off a more serious vibe. Get real.

Reactions: Sensung

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
The goverment wants the team downtown,and they want the big cash influx as well as a huge destination.For the billion dollar LRT .....What they dont want ,is for EM needing taxpayer dollars to help finance it...He doesnt have the money this much i think we can all see

most, as in North of 90%, of major sports facilities on north America receive public support when they are built.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011

Why does your type always shoot yourself in the foot? You likely benefit more from progressive policies than most of the folks on this board.

Reactions: BuckyDornster

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
most, as in North of 90%, of major sports facilities on north America receive public support when they are built.
Not many have a huge parcel of prime downtown land along with a subway system being built....Both owned and built by the goverment,they want money for both.

SPF6ty9

Feb 22, 2016
Caca Poopoo Peepee Shire
Does it really matter who's captain? It's just a letter on a jersey and Stone's been wearing an A anyways. Doesn't really make a difference about who leads on and off the ice. You know everyone is falling the best players' and veterans lead regardless.

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
Look at all this dumb shit. Yes this poorly constructed team is losing because the top 5 player in the league is wearing a C on his jersey instead of Stone who's wearing an A.

The f*** are you people on about Jesus Christ.

Reactions: Sensung

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Not many have a huge parcel of prime downtown land along with a subway system being built....Both owned and built by the goverment,they want money for both.

I don't understand what you mean here

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
I don't understand what you mean here
You said 90% of teams needed taxpayer dollars...Normally i would agree,but we arent in that 90%..We have a huge parcel of downtown land that the goverment wants to use as a destination for it newly built subway.Its more than obvious that centerpiece of this destination would be a downtown arena,along with some condos and shops...

This is a once in a lifetime type of deal,that some people with very big wallets want a stake in ,the goverment(shocking) may actually not have to use the overburdened taxpayer here

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Well, I expect the taxpayer to pay for the roads to the arena this time, at least.
Maybe....But that land is prime and it wont ever be available again ,and with a freshly minted subway being directed to that exact spot......Man i wish i had a Delorean......

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Maybe....But that land is prime and it wont ever be available again ,and with a freshly minted subway being directed to that exact spot......Man i wish i had a Delorean......

I was more making a dig at the Sens having to pay for the ramps off the Queensway back in the day.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
I
Why is he a joke? Does wanting to turn a profit on the operation of the team, and informing the public about it in his own words, sound like a joke to you?

What would you have him do, just keep doing into debt to fund the team to the max in all areas?

How long should he keep that up? Until it becomes unsustainable?

I don't know about you, but I kind of like brutal honesty from the top, when it's necessary.

When a previous employer of mine, held a meeting to discuss the facts of how we were falling behind our competition, and convinced us to cut costs, and enter into a short term profit sharing plan to focus the workforce and work together to get out of a hole, I welcomed that, and it had a positive impact on the company and the increased productivity was enjoyed by all.

Let's not take the Senators for granted, the fans in Winnipeg and Quebec City did, and they lost their franchises................ and I'm not suggesting we're anywhere near that in Ottawa................ but until the Lebreton Arena is built, there has to be support from everyone, including the fans in Ottawa, for the near term.
Did your previous employer dish out subtle threats to its customer base?

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
I was more making a dig at the Sens having to pay for the ramps off the Queensway back in the day.
Oh yeah...I remember that... Cant say iam surprised,our goverment is overbloated and narrow minded.They say yes to almost everything and worry about how they are going to pay for it later.But when it comes to making money with taxpayer dollars,yeah they are usually pretty dumb ..

The Landsdown project I was mildly impressed as it turned out to be draw,save the granola from friends of Landsdown

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
I

Did your previous employer dish out subtle threats to its customer base?
Yeah EM keeps pinning it all on the fanbase...But really what has he done to bring us a championship and grow our fanbase??He was given a solid market and has blown it ,this nonsense of him saving our team needs to just end....We need to be saved from cheap ownership,that only cares how much they can stuff into their pockets.I am glad he isnt just being given the rights to develop at Lebreton,he needs to prove he can do whats best for this city the team and its fans .

And so far its been nothing more than lip service and blame ,for us....

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007

There never is only one way to do business.

People don't like the idea of these deals anymore and so things are going to have to change.

Natural process of evolution.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Maybe his 3.12 GAA and his .896 Sv% vs Condons' 3.29 GAA and his .896 Sv%??

Condons' numbers includes last night's game, so they were slightly better than Andersons' before it.

Perhaps it does not make much difference which goaltender plays, as both seem to be in the same (sinking)boat:(

Back to back starts historically result in poor performances by goalies. Not much rationale for starting the same guy two nights in a row unless he's been performing significantly better than the other guy, which really hasn't been the case. Boucher was seemingly playing a hunch, but it looks as though it backfired.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->