2019 Winter Classic Bruins /Hawks at Notre Dame 1/1/2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grimey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 4, 2017
Glad to see I'm not the only one over this whole Winter Classic nonsense. It's passe. It's been done. The novelty is gone. Take a few years off and bring it back for special occasions. Every year though, with this and the Heritage Classic is too much, IMO.

I was excited for the Chicago/Detroit one in 08/09, and the Boston/Philly one in 09/10. Watching Pittsburgh play in like three consecutive WC's basically ruined it for me :laugh:

08SeaBass08

Maybe next year.
Jul 8, 2010
Funkytown, Boogie Wonderland
I was excited for the Chicago/Detroit one in 08/09, and the Boston/Philly one in 09/10. Watching Pittsburgh play in like three consecutive WC's basically ruined it for me :laugh:
I hate the Penguins more than most rational human beings, and I wholeheartedly respect anyone who's turned off by their existence. But they've only been there in 2008 and 2011.

Reactions: Strafer and Grimey

Grimey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 4, 2017
I hate the Penguins more than most rational human beings, and I wholeheartedly respect anyone who's turned off by their existence. But they've only been there in 2008 and 2011.

Yeah, you're right, actually. I could've sworn they were in like 3 or 4 haha. I found it annoying that they were even in one.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Wife is down for this, so we're definitely going to make an attempt to go.

Any idea when general public tickets go on sale?

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Thinking of going to this but it all depends on the job situation.

I also have a sneaking suspicion that my mother is planning to buy me tickets for my birthday/Christmas.

If I don’t go I’ll happily watch it on my couch

Reactions: TCB and BiGBear8

BiGBear8

May 21, 2012
Thinking of going to this but it all depends on the job situation.

I also have a sneaking suspicion that my mother is planning to buy me tickets for my birthday/Christmas.

If I don’t go I’ll happily watch it on my couch
couch it is.... for me cat...lol

Reactions: Alicat

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Bumping this.

Mods: with people buying tickets, is it possible to stickie this thread so people can post information on travel logistics ect?

northeastern

Apr 16, 2009
boston
I think I'm buying 6 tickets today, looking to see if anyone knows of bruins busses from Chicago, I know reall bus is doing $35 from Chicago and those busses are nice bathrooms and everything.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
My friend got tickets in the $150 price point.

I just booked my hotel room and for 2 nights it isn't that bad but I am definitely going to look for something cheaper.

I still need to figure out the air fair and transportation to and from the airport

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Are they going to do a public sale at some point or should I try to snag some off of one of you guys here?
Tickets available all over the stadium. There’s a presale, if you need the code let me know.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Bruins fans, this is your chance to be part of this can't miss spectacle at iconic Notre Dame Stadium. Get tickets to the 2019 Bridgestone NHL Winter Classic® before they go on sale to the public! Be there on New Year's Day in this historic venue as Patrice Bergeron and your Boston Bruins® take on the Chicago Blackhawks®.

Use code "NHLWC19" now to purchase presale tickets now before they go on sale to the general public! Limited seats are available, so get your tickets while quantities last.

https://www1.ticketmaster.com/event...EFROM=NHL_EMAIL_EMAIL_2019WCPRESALE#efeat4212

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I just talked Northern Indiana Commuter Transportation District and the woman I talked to says they might run an extra train from Chicago to South Bend on January 1 like they do for Notre Dame games but they have yet to be contacted by the Blackhawks or the NHL. South Bend buses meet you at the train station and go to the campus.

South Shore makes Notre Dame connection

For this to work a train would need to leave Chicago around 8 AM - Keep in mind South Bend is Eastern time and Chicago is Central time.

upload_2018-8-14_18-3-11.png

PrisonMike

Nov 26, 2007
McKinney,TX
Just bought my tickets. $85 a piece aint too bad. Got the Hotel for $60 a night 3 miles from the stadium. Just need to figure how Im getting there now. It's a 15 hour drive or 2 hour flight..........

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
If you flying out I would recommend using Midway Airport as that would cut 20 miles compared to O'Hare.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Just bought my tickets. $85 a piece aint too bad. Got the Hotel for $60 a night 3 miles from the stadium. Just need to figure how Im getting there now. It's a 15 hour drive or 2 hour flight..........

I’m having similar troubles. I have what some would call a paralyzing fear of flying

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
My dad's into some "train enthusiast" stuff, but it's never really rubbed off on me. However, I don't think I'll ever take a plane into New York from Boston unless it's a connection. Door-to-door, at least for me, the Acela's not much slower.

Flying: Let's say 45 minutes to drive in and park at Logan. Let's say 90 minutes to check bags, get through security, and arrive at the gate in reasonable time. The flight itself is 80 minutes to JFK, or 90 to LGA. Taxi in the airport, deplane, wait for bags - another 30 minutes. Arbitrarily picking MSG as the "hub" of New York, it's 30 minutes from JFK, 20 minutes from LGA. That's a total of 245 minutes, either airport.

Train: The Acela from Route 128 to Penn Station is 212 minutes, give or take. And it's literally part of MSG, almost the same way TD Garden is part of North Station. Working backwards, that leaves me 33 minutes to get from home to the Route 128 station. I'm about 18 minutes from there.

Of course, it depends on where in New York you want to go, but I'm an Acela guy. It's much comfier than a pressurized tin can, too. That said, I'm not sure how I'd fare being on an Amtrak for almost 19 hours to South Bend. Insomniac that I am, I can barely sleep in my comfy bed.

I managed to return my WC tickets because the Bruins box office was having a hell of a time getting the NHL Ticket Exchange to work. There were already tickets on the exchange for sale...kind of annoying to wait for a week and get no information on when I'd be allowed to sell them via official means. Plus, the price point for my seats didn't look good at all...it looks like the resellers won't be making tons, but I could be wrong.

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
My dad's into some "train enthusiast" stuff, but it's never really rubbed off on me. However, I don't think I'll ever take a plane into New York from Boston unless it's a connection. Door-to-door, at least for me, the Acela's not much slower.

Flying: Let's say 45 minutes to drive in and park at Logan. Let's say 90 minutes to check bags, get through security, and arrive at the gate in reasonable time. The flight itself is 80 minutes to JFK, or 90 to LGA. Taxi in the airport, deplane, wait for bags - another 30 minutes. Arbitrarily picking MSG as the "hub" of New York, it's 30 minutes from JFK, 20 minutes from LGA. That's a total of 245 minutes, either airport.

Train: The Acela from Route 128 to Penn Station is 212 minutes, give or take. And it's literally part of MSG, almost the same way TD Garden is part of North Station. Working backwards, that leaves me 33 minutes to get from home to the Route 128 station. I'm about 18 minutes from there.

Of course, it depends on where in New York you want to go, but I'm an Acela guy. It's much comfier than a pressurized tin can, too. That said, I'm not sure how I'd fare being on an Amtrak for almost 19 hours to South Bend. Insomniac that I am, I can barely sleep in my comfy bed.

I managed to return my WC tickets because the Bruins box office was having a hell of a time getting the NHL Ticket Exchange to work. There were already tickets on the exchange for sale...kind of annoying to wait for a week and get no information on when I'd be allowed to sell them via official means. Plus, the price point for my seats didn't look good at all...it looks like the resellers won't be making tons, but I could be wrong.

I have taken the Lake Snore Limited several times and the only bad part is between Boston and Albany which takes FIVE HOURS. However, the Club Car is your friend and on one trip back in the 80's John Madden paid for everyone all night.

Flying to South Bend you need a connection in either Newark or Detroit. Chicago there are a zillion flights daily but you are looking at a 2 hour drive to South Bend.

What I am hearing from Chicago friends is there is little appeal to the game from Blackhawks fsns. 80,000 seats is a tough nut especially when the visiting team is 900 miles away. The NHL had no trouble selling tickets for Wings/Leafs in Ann Arbor but Toronto was only a 4 hour drive.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
In the same boat with getting there once I get to Chicago.

I sure as hell am not driving alone.

Chicago weather is so unpredictable at that time of year and it is giving me anxiety

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
In the same boat with getting there once I get to Chicago.

I sure as hell am not driving alone.

Chicago weather is so unpredictable at that time of year and it is giving me anxiety

The thing to worry about is lake effect snow in Indiana which can happen quickly and without warning.

2955373_011618-wls-snow-10-vid.jpg

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
Bought a pair of seats. 111 Row 15. Hope it's up high enough. $140ish each.

Not sure I'll be able to get off of work, but I figured I'd buy just in case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad