Boston Bruins Bruins Garbage Bag Day - Team was more banged up than we feared

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
I’m concerned about the bruins overall conditioning, they seem to endure more injuries than average and it’s been a trend the past few years
They are surrounded by a team of specialized professionals.
From nutrition all the way to psychology.
Most of them also have the best personal trainers money can buy, during the off season. They only take 2 to 3 weeks off then it's training again.

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
I’m concerned about the bruins overall conditioning, they seem to endure more injuries than average and it’s been a trend the past few years

How many of these injuries are conditioning injuries though? Conditioning isn't going to protect you from broken bones. Most of these injuries the last few years have simply been shit luck

Reactions: Lady Rhian

Baddkarma

El Guapo to most...
Feb 27, 2002
Midland TX
Man, this was a tour de force as far as Bruins showing immense guts and playing injured. Not hurt, frickin' injured. Respect!

tenor.gif

323 Krejci 7

Dec 29, 2010
Seems like bergy either begins or ends every season with a groin injury (just looked up past three years and he either ended or began with one) so I wonder if anything can be done about that. Wouldn’t mind seeing him log less minutes next year since he plays such hard minutes

Reactions: Strafer

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I really doubt the Bruins would let Debrusk play if he was still having concussion symptoms

I think it's increasingly more likely that one of two things happened: 1. He lied to trainers about his symptoms because he wanted to play or 2. He's exaggerating his story now to sound tough

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
I really doubt the Bruins would let Debrusk play if he was still having concussion symptoms

I think it's increasingly more likely that one of two things happened: 1. He lied to trainers about his symptoms because he wanted to play or 2. He's exaggerating his story now to sound tough

Or the most likely: he was struggling to get back to being totally comfortable and playing like himself, as we've seen from so many guys returning from a concussion

cat400

Jul 30, 2005
The NHL playoffs are the most difficult pro sports to win.

After playing a very hectic schedule of 82 games, you are faced with winning 16 additional games out of a potential schedule of 28.

This is further compounded by the fact that the playoffs are played by what appears to be a different rule book where intense physical play is rewarded and regular season penalties are far and few between.

Thus the probability of injuries increases several fold as the playoff grind continues.

That the Bruins,with their No. 1 line entirely banged up and their Captain playing with a mind numbing injury, played a Game 7 in the finals is a tribute to their pain threshold and intense desire to win the Stanley Cup.

As Bruins fans we should all applaud the effort of the entire team and thank them for a wonderful Spring of hockey which unfortunately fell one game short.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Call me crazy, but despite this long list of injuries...I think we were a little lucky, injury-wise. Most of them didn't take players out. Who missed games for injury? Wagner, Grz, Miller, and Chara - but Chara was for one game when we were ahead 3-0. Nothing at all like what the Sharks went through, for example.

You can question whether the top line should have played through their injuries, but what was the other option? If all 3 bailed, did we have three other forwards, and did the remaining 9F have the ability to make a good top 6? No. They did what they could - and made it as close as they could without winning the Cup, so it was probably the right choice. I'm a little relieved about the news that Pasta re-injured himself - better than than his shot absolutely going to hell like it did in Game 7. It's a better explanation. I'm a bit concerned about the "mental" stuff - but I kind of understand it. He's really still a kid in his early 20s, in a country where he's only spent 7-8 months for the last 5 years. A little time off to refocus can hopefully help him.

I just hope this abbreviated off-season is long enough for them to regroup. Can you believe the draft is a week away?

Reactions: Lady Rhian and BMC

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
The NHL playoffs are the most difficult pro sports to win.

After playing a very hectic schedule of 82 games, you are faced with winning 16 additional games out of a potential schedule of 28.

yup.
then you also have to factor in the actual gameplay of hockey.
only sport where a period like the first period of game 7, a team that dominates is losing 2-0.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad