Bruins fire GM Peter Chiarelli

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Well we have different opinions. I think teams would give up some sort of compensation for him.

This is delusional. He's getting Fired. Why would a team like Buffalo trade anything when they can just pick him up when he gets fired?

I'm not saying that it's going to happen but it's for the same reason that a team will trade for a player before he gets put on waivers - so they can guarantee that they get him.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
There's no guarantee he's getting fired. The rumor is the new GM will be Don Sweeney who's been in the Bruins organization forever, so he may want to keep Julien. Julien would absolutely be in demand by multiple teams so the Bruins would be foolish not to take offers on him if they decide they wanted to move on from him.

What exactly makes him a great coach? He's no Bowman/Babcock/Burns etc.

Sigh

At half mast
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2007
www.galenwestonjr.ca
I guess Jacobs said no, or wants to see if the new GM wants to keep him.

Yeah, but that doesn't jive with the "power-move" that Neely is supposedly pulling though. Plus, I'd be very surprised to hear that Charlie overruled Neely on a hockey decision. Stranger things have happened though, I suppose.

Michel Beauchamp

Canadiens' fan since 1958
Mar 17, 2008
Laval, Qc
And then they run the risk of losing out on him to another team if he hits the market. If you really want him it makes sense to give up some compensation to get him

If he is "traded", his contract will likely end and he will be able to negotiate with any teams interested in him.

"Likely" because I'm not 100% sure that it will end.

supersonic jet

Jun 22, 2014
Winnipeg
If he is "traded", his contract will likely end and he will be able to negotiate with any teams interested in him.

"Likely" because I'm not 100% sure that it will end.

Leafs should go for him, was able to trade Kessel once might be able to do it again. Did not read thread might have been mentioned before.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
As per @FriedgeHNIC if Bruins make coaching change, Mike Milbury's name is being mentioned as a possible replacement.

Scouter

Oct 21, 2007
I don't care if Krecji would have been healthy, the mistakes that has been done since 2013 were the reasons he got fired, also calling re-tool year as a cup year before the season showed that he was lost and couldn't see the reality of this team. Refusing to add D help because he owes it to his D players which will never brake NHL was also one huge mistake.

Also the fact that deadline prices have been too high for him for 3 years now and he has only lost key players and replaced them with nothing. With him we wouldn't have done anything and would have been average next year and heading into rebuild stage. I'm glad that this happened.

He fell in love with his players, who brought him cup and refused to trade them before talent. He kepth them together for too long, too many vets past their primes on this team at the same time.

It doesn't matter if you care if Krejci was healthy, the fact is that he was a big factor in them missing the playoffs.

JayTam

Apr 20, 2014
Hamburg, Germany
I feel sorry for Oiler fans. Bruins went from Presidents Trophy to no playoffs and fire their GM and MacTavish on the other hand already wrote off next season as a "development year" and is not going to be fired any time soon.

Comment of the year! :D

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Originally Posted by Pi View Post
I feel sorry for Oiler fans. Bruins went from Presidents Trophy to no playoffs and fire their GM and MacTavish on the other hand already wrote off next season as a "development year" and is not going to be fired any time soon.

okay--this gave me a chuckle

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
Milbury wasn't a bad coach, but I can't help but think his methods are extremely dated.

That Alpha-Male/Blowhard schtick doesn't work with most vets, especially Europeans.

I don't see why they wouldn't just hire Torts.

Ozamataz Buckshank

Oct 7, 2010
Massachusetts
As per @FriedgeHNIC if Bruins make coaching change, Mike Milbury's name is being mentioned as a possible replacement.

9Lg69di.gif

NightmanCometh

Feb 11, 2014
Minnesota
Milbury isn't going to be the coach. That was a dated rumor, it's pretty much been debunked. Most recent media speculaton seems to be that Sweeney will be the new GM and Julien will be kept on as coach.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad