TSN: Bruins Expected to Sign D Rob O'Gara

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
While I suspect O'Gara will be paired with a veteran D-man such as Cross in Providence, it would be interesting to see him skating with Brandon Carlo next season. LH/RH shooting combo with stay-at-home/offensive skills. Both with good size, too.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
Expected but very good news. Excited to see what he can bring to the table. He developed very, very nicely at Yale.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
He probably heard it independently. McKenzie is not one to hog credit, and he has plenty of his own sources.

love Bob but he gets told stuff- Kirk's got the best source on this you can get methinks

very excited for O'Gara and for us Bruins fans

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Kirk says its a done deal on Twitter. I'm on my phone so I can't link.

Wahooo!

Gator Mike

Feb 28, 2002
Woburn, MA
Visit site
Brandon Carlo - 6-5, 205
Rob O'Gara - 6-4, 215
Jakub Zboril - 6-2, 190
Jeremy Lauzon - 6-2, 205

...and they're all reported to be "plus" skaters. I like where we're going with this.

toasterjam

Sep 23, 2014
Mass
Really excited to see him develop!

Our D prospects are threading upwards, hope a guy like Linus Arnesson continues to settle in too...we could have some real key guys for the future.

Arnesson, Carlo, Johansson, Lauzon, Zboril, Grzelcyk, O'Gara, Benning maybe even Sherman?

I am really liking this group...not even counting Colin Miller and Morrow

time to move on from the Cross, Casto, Irwin, Breen, Youds, excited to see Providence D now.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
Our defensive depth is pretty amazing right now. No #1 guy, and not many guys who have the potential to be top-pairing if things go better than expected, but a lot of really solid guys who might end up surprising. Harder to judge their potential, anything can happen. Looking forward to see how they play in the coming years, and to see who emerges and when.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad