Boston Bruins Bruins Continue to Add to the Off Ice Staff

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
Glad to see the administration is increasing its scouting coverage in Europe. Hopefully Ludvig can also scout Russian prospects as well as those in Central Europe. Scandanavia has been a goldmine for this franchise and for others. And Czech and Slovak prospects have been a huge benefit to the Bruins system.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Jan Ludvig, Scout :thumbu:

"It was also an incredible honor because I followed the Bruins when I was a little kid. I had hockey cards glued on my schoolbooks in the Czech Republic dreaming about maybe playing in the NHL one day and I was always looking up to Bruins organization.

Between playing and scouting I was with the Devils 33 years. As a
scout 27 years I worked for Lou Lamoriello."

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Most may not recognize the names..... I know a few of them.

The quality of people this organization continues to bring into the fold is simply "Awesome". In every aspect of the organization.

And P.J. Is getting some help in Europe.

A New Season Brings New Faces to the Boston Bruins Staff

Hi Dom, thanks for posting this, any chance you could tell us a bit about the additions that you know and what you think they bring to the table that you feel will be beneficial to the B`s please and thanks....only if your comfortable doing so of course

OT: Hit my first official live WHL game last night, the Victoria Royals vs Prince George which the home team took the win in a shootout. Fun barn to be in, not quite the atmosphere in Halifax but still Junior hockey which is a huge passion of mine

I "think" this is Jesse Gabrielle`s team?

Last edited:

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
As they say there is a salary cap on player salaries, but there is no salary cap on spending on quality people throughout your organization. It's encouraging to see the Bruins be willing to invest in their off-ice personnel and strengthen their organization even more. Because let's be honest, this is a business to generate profit and not all teams are willing to invest in off-ice resources any more than they need to.

Rumpy

Mar 13, 2002
Saskatchewan
Visit site
Hi Dom, thanks for posting this, any chance you could tell us a bit about the additions that you know and what you think they bring to the table that you feel will be beneficial to the B`s please and thanks....only if your comfortable doing so of course

OT: Hit my first official live WHL game last night, the Victoria Royals vs Prince George which the home team took the win in a shootout. Fun barn to be in, not quite the atmosphere in Halifax but still Junior hockey which is a huge passion of mine

I "think" this is Jesse Gabrielle`s team?

You move to PG? I think I'm heading out that way myself in the next month or two ....

Rumpy

Mar 13, 2002
Saskatchewan
Visit site
As they say there is a salary cap on player salaries, but there is no salary cap on spending on quality people throughout your organization. It's encouraging to see the Bruins be willing to invest in their off-ice personnel and strengthen their organization even more. Because let's be honest, this is a business to generate profit and not all teams are willing to invest in off-ice resources any more than they need to.

ESPN just had an article on this and how the Dodgers have done just that since 2013. It hasn't resulted in a championship but it has improved everything else involved. Fan and player experience scouting facilities etc.....

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
I’ve always said that you can add as much you want to the staff as there is no cap there. Bout time they invest in these areas. Time to straighten out the pro scouting!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->