Former Bruins Jarred Tinordi

Caper Bruins fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
After an impressive win and strong play by the backend in which Zboril as a first pair D is a stretch, and with Grz coming back , do we really need this guy ? Vaak is fine on the 3rd pair with sheltered minutes .

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Wish people would stop with this.Z time has ended in Boston.

Well there was some mismanagement being done there. Letting Z walk and relying on Miller who was coming off from major knee surgery to help fill the void.

Missing Lauzon hurts but the Bruins need some major nasty back there.

Reactions: Gordoff

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
After an impressive win and strong play by the backend in which Zboril as a first pair D is a stretch, and with Grz coming back , do we really need this guy ? Vaak is fine on the 3rd pair with sheltered minutes .

Having depth never hurts, especially with guys getting injured so frequently.

When healthy, Tinordi is going to be 10th, 11th d-man. But we've seen that we might be picking that guy to play at least a few times this season.

Also, added toughness/big body won't hurt for certain opponents. It's not like we gave up anything besides Jeremy Jacob's money, which I'm sure no one here will lose any tears over.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Does anyone know if Tinordi has gotten in a practice yet with the Bruins? I read that Cassidy said something about him not being ready? I doubt that Covid was the reason why they didn't play him today. IMO it's more about having not one practice yet with the team.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
If you asked me that question when they claimed him, no, but claiming him probably has to do with Miller being put on IR which isn't a good sign.

Caper Bruins fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
If you asked me that question when they claimed him, no, but claiming him probably has to do with Miller being put on IR which isn't a good sign.
Yeah , but I’ve always liked Kampfer if he is utilized correctly and not asked to do too much . I know Miller is a fan favourite and gritty but Kampfer handles the puck better . His decision making goes a little sideways when he gets too much ice time but I’m fine with him as the 6th D .

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Reactions: hrdpuk

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
Great move by Sweeney
If you can get this guy going in the right direction you can always use a big defenseman

Reactions: hrdpuk

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Probably going to end up being a nothing move. I don't have a problem with it. Costs the Bs very little against the Cap. Gives them a big body that may be useful here and there given all the injuries to the D they have. If he overachieves and actually looks like a serviceable NHL d-man then awesome. If he sucks like is expected, then whatever. Not a big deal. Maybe he can string together some good games while the Bs get healthy. Really hope the big guy finds some success with the Bs.

Reactions: hrdpuk and smack66

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Todays Globe:

Tinordi not here yet

Defenseman Jarred Tinordi, claimed on waivers by the Bruins on Saturday, is due to arrive in the Hub of Hockey this week. The Bruins are off Monday, which means Tinordi will not skate with the club until Tuesday at the earliest, provided that is within COVID protocols …

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Todays Globe:

Tinordi not here yet

Defenseman Jarred Tinordi, claimed on waivers by the Bruins on Saturday, is due to arrive in the Hub of Hockey this week. The Bruins are off Monday, which means Tinordi will not skate with the club until Tuesday at the earliest, provided that is within COVID protocols …

Pardon me if I can't get too excited about this. It isn't the worst move- I guess the Providence blueline could use some help. Don't see this guy moving any sort of needle for the Bruins, though.

Reactions: LouJersey

trenton1

Bergeron for Hart
Dec 19, 2003
Loge 31 Row 10
Pardon me if I can't get too excited about this. It isn't the worst move- I guess the Providence blueline could use some help. Don't see this guy moving any sort of needle for the Bruins, though.

I agree, it's not exciting, but he's an NHL-level reserve d-man at the league-minimum, which may be nice to have in stable if a veteran like Miller can't come back or one of the youngsters is dealt for more help. If he's used regularly, then something will be wrong.

Reactions: Dr Hook

veganbruin

Sep 20, 2013
Boston, MA
Yeah , but I’ve always liked Kampfer if he is utilized correctly and not asked to do too much . I know Miller is a fan favourite and gritty but Kampfer handles the puck better . His decision making goes a little sideways when he gets too much ice time but I’m fine with him as the 6th D .
Yep. He can platoon with Clifton as our 6th/7th RD for the next bit.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut

We'd have to offer him back to NSH first because he'd require waivers to play in Providence.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
We'd have to offer him back to NSH first because he'd require waivers to play in Providence.

Worth the risk seeing as NSH waived him to begin with. If he gets a game I guess we see what we have with him. This has about the same meh factor as signing par Lindholm.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->