Claimed off Waivers: Bruins claim Gemel Smith

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Damn, I always thought it’d be cool for the Wings to have him and Givani Smith, even if they were playing for the AHL squad. Missed our chance to have a couple “G. Smiths” raising hell down there. They play a very similar game.
In his intro interview he said he was a Wings fan as a kid and his brother was a Bruins fan, lol.

He is already way better then Acciari, Wagner can skate and so can Kuraly, changed the whole 4th line outlook.

Last edited:

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Both Elie and Smith had been to obvious candidates to be replaced by better younger player from training camp on. Neither has much upside. Elie was one of Hitchcocks favorites but his absolute inability to score wouldn't fly with any coach that likes well offense. Smith is a limited energy player. Ruff liked him but neither Hitch or Montgomery was a fan. Alot of 5-7 minute games when he was even dressed

Maybe Bruce Cassidy likes Gemels game.

You guys are a weird club to me. For the most part, Dallas often looks like a one-line team but has good enough depth for the players to be claimed on waivers. Is it you guys just have a million bottom 6 players?

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
You guys are a weird club to me. For the most part, Dallas often looks like a one-line team but has good enough depth for the players to be claimed on waivers. Is it you guys just have a million bottom 6 players?

The problem is a lack of second line talent, not a lack of third/fourth line talent.

After losing Elie and Smith we still have Gurianov, Hintz in the AHL with a fully loaded 3rd/4th NHL lines.

Janmark-Faksa-Pitlick
Dickinson-Hanzal-Comeau

Those are our 3rd and 4th lines tonight.

serp

Jan 17, 2016

Stars are missing a second line but 3rd/4th liners ? We have a ton of those. Gemel was just the odd man out and before him Remi Elie. They're NHL bottom line players but not better than the ones we still have remaining. Gotta hope some of the prospects become top6 caliber. Jason Robertson maybe i hope as soon as next season ? Couple of guys are doing well in the AHL too but nobody we called up so far has become a consistent scoring threat . Maybe make a trade at the deadline if we're in a decent position but doubt we're the only one looking for scoring.

We now ended up with just stacking the 3 big guns together and forming 3 random 3rd lines that change every game with the first line players double shifting somewhat regularly. Pretty sure we tried every combination by now. Allways ends the same.

Kalamazoo Wings

May 4, 2010
Knee Deep
Nice to hear Gemel getting some positive reviews from Bs fans. He's a good energy guy and not a bad 4th liner by any stretch. Just the odd man out in Dallas. I still think he should have been given more of a chance in Dallas but that ship has obviously sailed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad