Confirmed with Link: Gemel Smith - Waived by Boston 12/18

The Hockey Tonk Man

May 3, 2007
Toronto
Again, wish him luck but was not impressed at his decision making in his own end for that goal. Wrong side of the ice, puck watching, then with all the talk about his speed, he slowly glides back to his coverage and reaches to try to block that shot.
OK everyone gets sucked out of position at times, but a bottom 6 energy forward, new to the team, would have won over a lot of people if he had shown more effort recovering to block that one.

I forget who it was, Wagner? He had a chance to get the puck out before that....it was a mess of a shift

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
I haven't seen much from the guy that makes me think this was any kind of great pickup.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I think Acciari deserves to get back in lineup
he does? Love to hear your rational for this.

Smith has done nothing spectacular but what he has done is not kill a play with the puck dying on his stick. I think Acciari plays with more physicality on a consistent basis but he handles the puck like a grenade

Reactions: shoulders7

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
I guess it's competition or the fear of being sat, but the whole team has been playing with some urgency lately. Maybe that's a big reason Smith was claimed.

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Nothing of note.

I hate Kuraly I think hes the problem giving that guy a 3 year 1 way deal was a mistake he went from OK fourth liner to a bad one.

Speaking of 4th liners I was sat next to #83 Garlands family. I thought he should have been credited for the third Coyotes goal even though it was sort of an ugly one that Rask muffed. Local kid he had a good game and looked very quick and involved made some good passes.

Reactions: Krupp

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I guess it's competition or the fear of being sat, but the whole team has been playing with some urgency lately. Maybe that's a big reason Smith was claimed.

the fear of being sat isn`t what`s going on IMO, there are so many injuries right now that there`s little in the way of options for Butch other than putting his boy Acciari back in.......oh wait, he might sit Heinen, stick Acciari on the JFK line for grit:naughty:

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
I haven't seen much from the guy that makes me think this was any kind of great pickup.

I dont think it was ever intended to be a "great pick up" it was more of a let see what happens lol.

He's been fine, much better than acciari has that's for sure. When everyone is healthy he's probably a healthy scratch unless someone needs a night upstairs

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
I dont think it was ever intended to be a "great pick up" it was more of a let see what happens lol.

He's been fine, much better than acciari has that's for sure. When everyone is healthy he's probably a healthy scratch unless someone needs a night upstairs

I'd like to see him at center over Kuraly who has been the worst of them all. No clue why people are giving him a pass on his brutal play this year.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
If someone told me I could only pick one player out of Kuraly, Smith, or Acciari I would pick Smith without hesitating. I recognize he has warts in his game and is nothing particularly special, but he has nice speed and works his tail off. He is more of a net positive for the team than the other two guys. Acciari simply wasn't bringing much to the table even though he plays hard, and Kuraly is playing crap hockey this season. He's too much of a passenger.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
A bad fourth line is the difference between playing Toronto first round as the 2/3 and being a wildcard and seeing Washington or Tampa.

Its bad. We are 30 games in. Backes situation doesn't help. Change things up and give some kids a shot or waiver pickups like Smith.

Its not going to happen because we don't hold anyone accountable but give me this fourth and I think it would do well:
Cehlarik-Smith-Nordstrom

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006

Im not sure he's better than the current Acciari. He's definitely not better than the old Acciari

CharaBadSenyshynGawd

Jun 18, 2017
Kuraly, Smith, Cave, Nordstrom, Wagner, Acciari.

Flip a coin on any given night and it doesn’t really matter. You’re not losing much of anything by replacing one with the other. Acciari hasn’t been good but let’s not act like any of these guys have “cemented” a spot in the lineup. 127 games between them all. 7 goals. No one has pushed themselves away from the pack here, let’s not lit to ourselves.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Kuraly, Smith, Cave, Nordstrom, Wagner, Acciari.

Flip a coin on any given night and it doesn’t really matter. You’re not losing much of anything by replacing one with the other. Acciari hasn’t been good but let’s not act like any of these guys have “cemented” a spot in the lineup. 127 games between them all. 7 goals. No one has pushed themselves away from the pack here, let’s not lit to ourselves.

Nordstrom has. He's shown he can play up and down the line-up, can play the PK and doesn't take a shift off.

Reactions: HustleB

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->