Confirmed with Link: Gemel Smith - Waived by Boston 12/18

Grasshopperking

Sponsor
Jun 5, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
Feels like a Greg Campbell type, maybe with more weight. He seemed comfortable, especially in the 3rd to to carry the puck in. Vast improvement on Acciari but I'd like to see more of him. Glad DS grabbed him

Reactions: Strafer

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Only one game. He has to learn a new system and has had very limited practice time with the team. I thought he played hesitant at times, just playing things safe, not trying to make any mistakes or get sent to the box, which is fine by me. Pretty meh game from him. Expecting more as he gets used to the team and the system. Looking forward to see if he asserts himself more against the Sens.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Only one game. He has to learn a new system and has had very limited practice time with the team. I thought he played hesitant at times, just playing things safe, not trying to make any mistakes or get sent to the box, which is fine by me. Pretty meh game from him. Expecting more as he gets used to the team and the system. Looking forward to see if he asserts himself more against the Sens.

yep, guy barely touched down in Boston, tossed into a lineup with unfamiliar teammates into a system he`s unfamiliar with. Liked his speed, got on the D pretty quick but as you mentioned, few times he appeared a bit hesitant which is expected being new and not so familiar with things. Liked him better than #55 out there

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
yep, guy barely touched down in Boston, tossed into a lineup with unfamiliar teammates into a system he`s unfamiliar with. Liked his speed, got on the D pretty quick but as you mentioned, few times he appeared a bit hesitant which is expected being new and not so familiar with things. Liked him better than #55 out there

I hope they stick with Smith Kuraly Wagner line for todays game

Reactions: 22Brad Park

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Didn't get to catch the Boston game yesterday, so looking forward to checking the game out today. He's obviously not the greatest player, but I've got a soft spot for guys who are likeable and work their ass off, so I hope he sticks.

I mean he was a 4th round pick and at one point was sent down to the ECHL. Can't be expecting amazing.

but his skating speed is world class. Reading he won the CHL fastest skating competition and I can see why.

He just needs to keep chipping away on his conditioning. 5-7 pound of mass to start without sacrificing his skating speed would enhance his game further

Last edited:

nfld77

Aug 13, 2007
Newfoundland
EXACTLY..Acciari has a team worse -7 and 1 assist in 24 games..Can someone PLEASE give some kind of explanation as to why he's a regular night in night out???
hidden camera photos of Bruins executives is my guess.

No logical reason Acciari is in the lineup other then he has compromising photos of Sweeney and Neely.

Haha, now I got it..They must have caught on to him cause they kept him out last night and just look at the results...Lol, I know Accairi not playing had little to do with scoring 6 goals but I'm gonna convince myself it did and if he played, Bruins would of scored 2 less and Leafs 2 more making final score 5-4 Leafs..Yep, that's what would of happened last night if he played..

nfld77

Aug 13, 2007
Newfoundland
Did you watch the game last night? Heinen was the only one who did anything last night on that line. Kuraly could not even catch a pass cleanly.

I’m not a big Donato fan, but I have stated a couple of times I thought he looked better last night. Because I’m not ordinarily a fan, can I not be objective?

Agree 100%.. Heinen finally got rewarded last night with a goal and assist..I have said a few times that I dont think there's much difference in his play this season and last..The kid has been snakebitten for sure.. And also on Donato, regardless whether he scored or not, he was definitelt better last night.. AND I hope Genel Smith plays well enough to keep Acciari the hell off this team..

nfld77

Aug 13, 2007
Newfoundland
WHY do I expect Acciari to be back in tonight and Smith out..I really hope the hell not..Let Gemel play his 2nd game as a Bruin, he was fine last night but if he was a little nervous coming to a new team after all his career with Dallas. And being on the road, especially in Ottawa, for sure he'll have some family and friends in the stands..PLEASE play him tonight..He'll score his 1st for Bruins tonight!!

nfld77

Aug 13, 2007
Newfoundland
For those who never read the GDT, hope this helps AND makes you happy like me!!.............. Butch said only line-up change is Rask between pipes so that means Gemel Smith in for Acciari again..That alone is worth celebrating!!!

McAvoy is playing against Ottawa, also according to Cassidy interview under the GDT!!! Great news!!!

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Smith is a blurr... chl fastest skating champ I can see why

He looks underutilized by playing on the 4th line

Looks like he wants to get into the give and go action...but Wagner nor Kuraly are not really capable

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
For those who never read the GDT, hope this helps AND makes you happy like me!!.............. Butch said only line-up change is Rask between pipes so that means Gemel Smith in for Acciari again..That alone is worth celebrating!!!

McAvoy is playing against Ottawa, also according to Cassidy interview under the GDT!!! Great news!!!

Dont celebrate yet

Acciari could easily be inserted next game with Smith out. Cassidy seems to have a soft spot for Noel "rudy" Accirari

Reactions: Blowfish

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad