Confirmed with Link: Bruins claim Dogman (Kaspars DaugaviņÅ¡)

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Then how has he been playing games in the U.S this whole time? You are so wrong right now.

Daugavins was playing for and getting paid by a Canadian organization. He played in the US, but was still getting paid by the Canadian organization. i.e. you work for a company that sends you to occasionally work in a foreign country, you are still being employed and paid by your company. Since professional sports can't be completely compared exactly, because you can't exactly be 'traded' to another company. So, let's say you get offered a better job in the foreign country by a foreign company. You will need to provide (and be approved for) the proper paperwork.

Daugavins, once employed by the Ottawa Senators, is now is employed by a US organization, the Boston Bruins and needs the proper paperwork to do so...

Allowing Latvian citizens to work in the US, usually takes more time than allowing a Canadian to work here.

Make sense?

hockeybpr25

Dec 31, 2009
Daugavins was playing for and getting paid by a Canadian organization. He played in the US, but was still getting paid by the Canadian organization. i.e. you work for a company that sends you to occasionally work in a foreign country, you are still being employed and paid by your company. Since professional sports can't be completely compared exactly, because you can't exactly be 'traded' to another company. So, let's say you get offered a better job in the foreign country by a foreign company. You will need to provide (and be approved for) the proper paperwork.

Daugavins, once employed by the Ottawa Senators, is now is employed by a US organization, the Boston Bruins and needs the proper paperwork to do so...

Allowing Latvian citizens to work in the US, usually takes more time than allowing a Canadian to work here.

Make sense?

You just proved his point of telling Ratty that he's wrong.

By now, no doubt, everyone is bored with this discussion on U. S. Immigratuion law. PM me and I will explain.

You've had several people tell you you're wrong plus someone who has studied immigration law. Give up and stop being a stubborn ignorant old man.

Silvercup Returns

King Karlsson
Jul 28, 2005
Ottawa
I am a Canadian who regularly travels to USA for business and vacations, and with an American boyfriend so we have looked at almost every way of getting across border. I am not a lawyer, but he needs a p1 visa... Which is for pro athletes. He needs to prove he is "internationally recognized" which would be as simple as presenting his NHL contract to immigration. However, with Easter weekend and him not being from Canada or UK it takes a little longer.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Okay, back to the original question:
When will he be sporting the #16 for
:help:

Or, do we need to get Maxwell Smart on the case?!

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
What is this love afair Julien has with Pandawful? It was the same with Trent Whitfiled, geez they picked up Daugavins and tonight would have been the perfect debut against the sens. Julien is such a stobborn S.O.B.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
What's with the pants tent on this guy? Seems like a roster plug to me aside from his dank shootout moves.
Or this just anyone but Pandolfo thing.

seems like a pretty speedy guy who works hard...can never have too many of those guys IMO. Plus he happens to fill a need here and was free!

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
He's a sparkplug, more than we can say for Pandolfo. Can't wait to see Daugy in action, the sooner the better. Chia needs to put Panolfo on waivers then send him to Providence for the duration of the year. As for Doagavins: He's stout, he don't pout he's----- THE DOGMAN!:laugh:

Serpico4ever

Jul 4, 2010
Brighton, MA
He's a fourth liner, why is Paille not on the third line and Dogman on the fourth? Why is Pando on the ice? Jeff Ward on Nesn plus, looks like hell.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad