Warsofsky-Boychuk
Seidenberg-McQuaid
Morrow-Trotman

Goalies:
Subban
Svedberg

Important info:

Alex Prewitt @alex_prewitt
.@WaltonCaps just burst into the media room at Kettler, guns blazing. "A HOT DOG IS NOT A SANDWICH."

Adam Vingan @AdamVingan
We did have one team member share his opinion on the matter. @txbrownie[Chris Brown] does not believe a hot dog is a sandwich. I'd agree. #Caps

Last edited:

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
an item of food consisting of two pieces of bread with meat, cheese, or other filling between them, eaten as a light meal

Seems to me that not only is a hot dog a sandwich but so is a hamburger.

Now an argument could be made about Gyro or Taco not being a sandwich and I think that would be correct since there is 1 piece of bread/tortilla.

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
Washington Capitals @washcaps
Coach Trotz says Laich-Kuznetsov-Brouwer will be a line tonight for #CapsBruins.

I thought Trotz liked Kuznetsov, I was mistaken. He really really hates him.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
@washcaps: Coach Trotz says Laich-Kuznetsov-Brouwer will be a line tonight for #CapsBruins.

988.gif

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
an item of food consisting of two pieces of bread with meat, cheese, or other filling between them, eaten as a light meal

Seems to me that not only is a hot dog a sandwich but so is a hamburger.

Now an argument could be made about Gyro or Taco not being a sandwich and I think that would be correct since there is 1 piece of bread/tortilla.

I have no idea what you're referring to (yay ignore list!), but a hot dog bun is usually only 1 piece of bread. Burgers are definitely sandwiches, though.

MackenKracken

Jan 31, 2013
VA
Is a sub/hoagie/hero/grinder a sandwich? How about a lobster roll?

I mean I'd say all of the above. A sandwich doesnt have to be 2 pieces of bread, how many of us have only be left with 1 piece of bread (besides the ends and **** that) and did the old fold over method? Thus concluding a hotdog bun only being 1 piece of bread is irrelevant. If a cheeseburger is a sandwich then a hotdog most definitely is. as well as a sub/hoagie, gyro or even a taco in there respective cultures.

HunterSThompson

[}=[][][][][]
Jun 19, 2007
Washington, DC
A vast majority of hoagies I eat have the roll fully separated into two pieces.

Onto a much more important topic. Is cheesecake cake or pie?

I happen to believe that pies by definition involve a pastry crust, so a cheesecake with pastry crust could be a pie. Cakes by my definition need a leavening product like yeast or at the very least flour, so a cheesecake doesn't necessarily fit there either. Cheesecake is in a category all its own.

Boston Cream Pie is absolutely a cake.

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
I have no idea what you're referring to (yay ignore list!), but a hot dog bun is usually only 1 piece of bread. Burgers are definitely sandwiches, though.

John Walton went into the kettler and stated boldy that a hot dog is not a sandwich.

He is wrong I still think. I don't count that thin lingering sliver of dough connecting the two buns.

Because yes, that would mean subway does not serve sandwiches.

Sometimes when perforating hot dog buns I go overboard and cut the sliver so its in two pieces. I find it rediculous to believe that only at that point would it be considered a sandwich.

In other news Kim Jong IL invented the hamburger in 2009. Little known fact.

Oh yeah...poor Kuznetsov...Brouwer and Laich are like oil and water.

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
Adam Vingan @AdamVingan
Join @alex_prewitt and I w/ @WaltonCaps during first intermission tonight when we barge into the booth to continue our hot dog conversation.

It such an important and polarizing issue, not sure if the debate can be settled during one intermission.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
I happen to believe that pies by definition involve a pastry crust, so a cheesecake with pastry crust could be a pie. Cakes by my definition need a leavening product like yeast or at the very least flour, so a cheesecake doesn't necessarily fit there either. Cheesecake is in a category all its own.

But what about pies with graham cracker crusts? Are they not pies? Because I love me a Key Lime Pie with graham cracker crust, and I deifnitely classify that as a pie.

swimmer77

More PIM's than Points
Jun 22, 2010
in water
A vast majority of hoagies I eat have the roll fully separated into two pieces.

Onto a much more important topic. Is cheesecake cake or pie?

The version I make is absolutely a pie.

I dislike preseason. And who is Stephen Chandlerson or Chandler Stephenson or whoever. To lazy to look at the name again.

artilector

Jan 11, 2006
@washcaps: Coach Trotz says Laich-Kuznetsov-Brouwer will be a line tonight for #CapsBruins.

988.gif

Exactly my reaction to Trotz saying that leaderz will play together.
Although I felt better when he basically said it was to give Kuz experienced wings.

However, I'd say the clock starts today, as far as how long it will take for Trotz to realize that Laich+Brouwer is poison, and that Ovi+Backstrom is much less than advertised.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada

Boston Cream Pie is absolutely a cake.

Cakes do not include yeast. Leavening, maybe. Yeast, no, never. And cheesecake is typically leavened the same way as a crumb cake. But it has a crust. So I agree.. it's own thing.

Also, I am very liberal on the sandwich question. Any foodstuffs surrounded by bread = sandwich AFAIC.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad