GDT: Bruins @ Capitals 7 PM 9/18

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blitzkrieg365

Jan 1, 2015
DMV
I have been waiting years to watch Samsonov play in a Caps jersey and on his first shift the defense hangs him out to dry like that. :doh:

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Man if only Alan May could replace Laughlin the Caps would have the most perfect organization ever.

I am so tired of turning the sound down on games year after year. :(

artilector

Jan 11, 2006
Meh, preseason, it's all good.

The guys who are supposed to have ability are showing some glimpses of it, and the rest are showing their AHL level.

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
Meh, preseason, it's all good.

The guys who are supposed to have ability are showing some glimpses of it, and the rest are showing their AHL level.

Don’t care if we win or lose, but boy we look sloppy, fumbling a lot of pucks. And we aren’t getting anything dangerous on the other end

artilector

Jan 11, 2006
Don’t care if we win or lose, but boy we look sloppy, fumbling a lot of pucks. And we aren’t getting anything dangerous on the other end

Well, how is a rusty AHL (mostly) team supposed to look like?

I'm not seeing anything that's not explainable by low (average) individual talent level and/or rust.

The few talented guys who have a chance to make the NHL team (eventually) have looked pretty good, IMO.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Seigenthaler, Hobbs, Johansen, all interchangeable for me.

They aren't interchangeable. Seigenhalter and Johansen play the left side and their styles are quite a bit different. Hobbs plays the right side and might be the most skilled of the 3. I think that Hobbs might be the better prospect long term.

Reactions: Sam Spade

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Seigenthaler, Hobbs, Johansen, all interchangeable for me.

They aren't interchangeable. Seigenhalter and Johansen play the left side and their styles are quite a bit different. Hobbs plays the right side and might be the most skilled of the 3. I think that Hobbs might be the better prospect long term.

Hobbs is def a super skilled guy. I mean he scored 31 goals his last season in junior, he had 85 points, AFTER he got drafted, those are hard numbers to ignore.

Watching all the behind the scenes stuff from rookie camp the Caps seem high on him, I hope he gets a legit chance. It is really too bad he got hurt last season.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Hobbs is def a super skilled guy. I mean he scored 31 goals his last season in junior, he had 85 points, AFTER he got drafted, those are hard numbers to ignore.

Watching all the behind the scenes stuff from rookie camp the Caps seem high on him, I hope he gets a legit chance. It is really too bad he got hurt last season.
I watched him score a lot of his goals in junior. He is a good skater and has a big shot. He can also play physical and plays with an edge. He can fight too. He needs to work on the defensive part of his game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad