Proposal: Bruins Canucks Flyers

BergyWho37

Only The Strong Will Survive (Never Give Up)
Jun 18, 2012
True North
I don’t like giving up more youth for another guy that’s close to our core age, we need a player around age 25 or let are kids develop.

Last edited:

tictactoe

Jan 15, 2017
I am not sure declining is the right word to use - but he will be 30, just had a torn pelvis and multiple surgeries where there was concern he may not even be ready for camp (although they say he will be now).
This is just stupid.

Simmonds last two seasons - 0.63 pts per game
Backes last two seasons - 0.54 pts per game
So?

Simmonds is a UFA in a years time - keep backes and carlo, philly can keep Simmonds on this one.
Fine by me.. Flyers are loaded on D and at this point 29 yo Simmonds is better then 34 yo Backes with 6M a year. Simmonds will rebound and score 30 goals.

Last edited:

BearsofBeantown

Jun 25, 2018
This is just stupid.

So?

Fine by me.. Flyers are loaded on D and at this point 29 yo Simmonds is better then 34 yo Backes with 6M a year. Simmonds will rebound and score 30 goals.

The so is around comments about how bad Backes is - the only thing bad about him is the contract and the term. People were talking about the bruins moving Carlo and Backes to get Simmonds and this an that.

All I am saying is that a UFA (next year) Power Forward who has been riddled with injuries may not the the best option to acquire. Simmonds is a better by virtue of being younger I will give you that - but not worth making a heavy investment on given he is 30 this year, has battled injuries and will be a UFA that will likely command 6+ million. If Simmonds was 32 at the end of next year I would say he is Backes 2.0 when he gets his next contact - only difference is Backes on all teams he has played on has been considered a leader in the locker room (has been the captain), physical player, moderate point production, ability to play 200 foot game and has put up more points per game than Simmonds over their respective careers.

For your sake it I hope Simmonds does put up 30 goals - it stands to be a good chance given its a contract year :)

Lots of people like to judge Backes because of his bad contract - not because of his play style or what he brings to the table.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->