Bruins Board 2014 NHL Draft Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Aren't a lot of ice surfaces in Europe Olympic size? I would rather he played for the Bulls. Get use to a style more similar to NHL hockey. That's just my opinion. Sounds like a real decent pick by the Bruins. One never knows though. Some high end OHL players have been drafted lately by the Bruins and they are still languishing on the farm. It's an indication that the Bruins demand a certain level of skill and consistency for a player to crack their roster.

Yes they are. But Belleville is the only one in the OHL and going back and forth from game to game wouldn't benefit him as much as going to the AHL would IMO

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
Mark Divver reported yesterday that Pastrnak said he has a year left on his contract in Sweden. On my phone and can't link, sorry, but his story is on the ProJo web site.

Coffe

Sponsor
Nov 17, 2010
Stockholm
Correct me if I'm wrong on surmising that if the Bruins really really want him to play in Providence, that is an option? Or would his Sweden contract overrule a possible move?

It is possible for Pasta to play in Providence. Most contracts in Sweden, where the player may get a chance in the NHL (ie not 4th line scrubs etc), have an out clause for the NHL. If the Bruins sign him to an ELC they can assign him to wherever they want.

He has to sign prior to a specific date though that I currently can't remember. It is sometime prior to the start of the Allsvenskan season at least.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
It is possible for Pasta to play in Providence. Most contracts in Sweden, where the player may get a chance in the NHL (ie not 4th line scrubs etc), have an out clause for the NHL. If the Bruins sign him to an ELC they can assign him to wherever they want.

He has to sign prior to a specific date though that I currently can't remember. It is sometime prior to the start of the Allsvenskan season at least.

Thanks, I appreciate the info. I would guess that he'll play in Sweden this year and then head to Providence/Boston next year.

Coffe

Sponsor
Nov 17, 2010
Stockholm
Thanks, I appreciate the info. I would guess that he'll play in Sweden this year and then head to Providence/Boston next year.

Seeing as he'd be a leading player on my team in our quest for promotion to the SHL, I like the sound of that. :laugh:

http://www.eliteprospects.com/leagu...ueid=Allsvenskan&leagueteam=&nation=&sort=u18

FWIW Pastrnak's 24 points last year are an Allsvenskan record for a player under the age of 18.

No, he's second. William Nylander played for two different teams last season and if you add his numbers up he totals 27 points. For some reason they are presented separately on EP.

WestCoastBruinsFan

Oct 30, 2008
Victoria, BC
Seeing as he'd be a leading player on my team in our quest for promotion to the SHL, I like the sound of that. :laugh:

No, he's second. William Nylander played for two different teams last season and if you add his numbers up he totals 27 points. For some reason they are presented separately on EP.

Are these two players comparable? It will be interesting to see Nylander's and Pastrnak's career progression.

Flannelman

Quiet, Gnashgab.
Dec 3, 2006
Might be time for a 15 draft thread. TSN should have their pre-rankings for Thursday night.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
Are these two players comparable? It will be interesting to see Nylander's and Pastrnak's career progression.

They are very different players from what I've seen.

Nylander heady, every bit as skilled as Pasta... But always seems to have more space. Sees the ice incredibly well. Stupid well. I know they aren't too far apart in size, but Nylander strikes one as being much larger.

Pastrnak is scrappy and crafty and more of a kamikaze type, less of a game manager.

They both have excellent NHL upside. I'd say Pastrnak more as a second line player and Nylander on the top line... But both being effective in their roles.

member 96824

I pray to god we don't trade our first this year...or draft Mark Stuart again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad