Proposal: Bruins & Blues

gumgum

Oct 15, 2017
Tuukka Rask for Tyler Bozak

The Bruins get a veteran 3C to hold them over, and the Blues get an actual NHL-quality starter. Both are under contract for 2 more years following this season, Rask at a hit of 6.5 and Bozak at a hit of 5.

Halak is better than Rask, fact not opinion.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Our issues aren't solely goaltending, so we should do a coaching move first. Rask would get lit up here too.

Don't see why Boston does it either.

north49er

Dec 20, 2017
The Blues D-men just aren't getting it done this year. Not saying goaltending isn't a problem but the D in front of them hasn't been good.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007

Funny how that wasn't a fact when he was 3rd string on the Islanders. And ironic that the Blues would want the guy you say is worse than the guy they traded away 4 years ago.

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Do not think the Bruins need a center anymore. Nordstrom has been excellent the last 2 games and all year. Rask and Halak may well be the best tandem in the league. Halak alone is one of the best goalies this year, near top in most categories. Its early but he was good last year too with the Isles run and gun team, now he has a better team defense in front of him.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Do not think the Bruins need a center anymore. Nordstrom has been excellent the last 2 games and all year. Rask and Halak may well be the best tandem in the league. Halak alone is one of the best goalies this year, near top in most categories. Its early but he was good last year too with the Isles run and gun team, now he has a better team defense in front of him.

Totally disagree. I like what Nordstrom provides defensively, but he doesn't drive possession and has no offense. He is a "not embarrassing placeholder" for something better.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Tuukka Rask for Tyler Bozak

The Bruins get a veteran 3C to hold them over, and the Blues get an actual NHL-quality starter. Both are under contract for 2 more years following this season, Rask at a hit of 6.5 and Bozak at a hit of 5.

Halak has been better than Rask in a half dozen games this year. Halak is too old for a full workload. Having Rask and Halak splitting the games right now is great great great. Leave it alone.

Reactions: TCB

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Totally disagree. I like what Nordstrom provides defensively, but he doesn't drive possession and has no offense. He is a "not embarrassing placeholder" for something better.

He has offence, he sets up guys, Marchand blew a goal when he was set up yesterday by Nordstrom and so did Wagner the other game, give him Donato. This is a 3rd line center we are talking about not a top line position, you want hustle, good in his own end and break even at best, all checked off at a good cap hit. Not going find any better, he is Chris Kelly/Riley Nash reborn and younger. You think we are going land a top guy to play 3rd whistle, think again, we tried that and got Backes, huge fail there.

Reactions: TCB

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
I wouldn’t wish any goalie to play in front of this defense right now. Van Ryn and do really screwed a good thing up.

Regardless probably wouldn’t look good to trade a guy who just signed here. And also as for the ROR portion. I’d be more willing to move Tarasenko then o Rielly or Schenn for that matter. Still don’t really want to move any for area. If you have any interest in Jay Bouwmeester though be my guest and have him for free.

Spirit of 67

Nov 25, 2016
Aurora, On.
giphy.gif

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
Gonna go out on a limb here and say the Bruins wouldn’t move Rask mid season. Especially without a capable backup who potentially might need to start if Halak gets hurt. At the draft I could see it.

People tend to forget this guy always seems to start slow. It’s his end I’m more concerned with. If Halak can keep him fresher and engaged at the end of the year why not have both?

I won’t argue they need some scoring from the bottom end of their lineup though. As it stands now you can take a nap when the 3rd and 4th lines are on the ice. Won’t miss a thing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->