TSN: Bruins becoming legitimate threat in the East

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
The kids that could actually hack it in the NHL did pretty well by Claude. Unless you want to make it his fault that Zach Hamill and Jordan Caron aren't NHL superstars right now.

I thought Jordan Caron actually looked stronger than Marchand compared to when Marchand first entered the league. Thought Caron was going to make it to the next level. Boy, was I wrong on that.

compan

Sep 30, 2009
Nashville
This team has done a 180 from the beginning of the season. It would be a hell of a turnaround if they keep this up and carry it through the playoffs. If we get even 80% of what Krejci is capable of when he comes back, we're in a better place.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
This team reminds me so much of the 2008-09 version. Talented and deep thanks to the rise of a bunch of young players all at the same time.

Instead of Krejci/Lucic/Kessel/Wheeler/Hunwick we have McAvoy/Heinen/Bjork/Debrusk/Gryz

I think the Bruins when healthy are as good and deep as any team in the east save maybe TB. Ironically TB are a team that the Bruins historically have a lot of success against.

Seriously, is there any reason why this team as built can't do what Ottawa or Nashville did last season come playoff time?

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
This team reminds me so much of the 2008-09 version. Talented and deep thanks to the rise of a bunch of young players all at the same time.

Instead of Krejci/Lucic/Kessel/Wheeler/Hunwick we have McAvoy/Heinen/Bjork/Debrusk/Gryz

I think the Bruins when healthy are as good and deep as any team in the east save maybe TB. Ironically TB are a team that the Bruins historically have a lot of success against.

Seriously, is there any reason why this team as built can't do what Ottawa or Nashville did last season come playoff time?

If they get healthy and stay decently rested, they can take on anyone

Reactions: BruinDust

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
A big part of me is saying we should pump the breaks here a bit. You're never as good as you think when you're in the middle of a hot streak. Just like we weren't as bad as some said at the start of the year.

Still, it's hard not to feel good about how this team is playing. You'd have to think Nash will slow down, but Krejci should be back soon and will (hopefully) slot in between Heinen and Backes so there shouldn't be a drop off in production from that line. If anything Krejci should give them a boost.

I know a lot of folks expect Spooner to disappear but I think if they keep him with DeBrusk and Bjork he's going to keep rolling and improving. I really like that line.

I guess Rask is the big wild card for me. He was really inconsistent last year. Started off poorly this year too... Now he's on a tear and playing great. There's no reason to think he can't keep it going... but there was no reason for the drop off in the first place.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Bruce Cassidy should definitely receive consideration for the Adams. Remarkable job, what with all the injuries and introducing six rookies into the lineup.

To think, he was severely maligned by a few posters here before he became HC.
I think those posters are no longer here they certainly haven't been showing there face around here - similar to ones that said Sweeney didn't know what they were doing. Things get positive people disappear

Maybe if the Bruins miss playoffs they will be back but agree it's crazy the crap he took

Good riddance

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
A big part of me is saying we should pump the breaks here a bit. You're never as good as you think when you're in the middle of a hot streak. Just like we weren't as bad as some said at the start of the year.

Still, it's hard not to feel good about how this team is playing. You'd have to think Nash will slow down, but Krejci should be back soon and will (hopefully) slot in between Heinen and Backes so there shouldn't be a drop off in production from that line. If anything Krejci should give them a boost.

I know a lot of folks expect Spooner to disappear but I think if they keep him with DeBrusk and Bjork he's going to keep rolling and improving. I really like that line.

I guess Rask is the big wild card for me. He was really inconsistent last year. Started off poorly this year too... Now he's on a tear and playing great. There's no reason to think he can't keep it going... but there was no reason for the drop off in the first place.

Regarding the bolded... he did have a concussion earlier this year and I believe he had groin surgery in the offseason

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
Regarding the bolded... he did have a concussion earlier this year and I believe he had groin surgery in the offseason

You know, someone in the GDT mentioned that Rask was playing great now that he was over his concussion, and that it was kind of obvious that his struggles were concussion related... but he had an .882 save pct before he got his concussion.

Still, you could be right. His struggles last year could have been tied to his groin issue that eventually needed surgery and then his start this year could be related to his recovery from surgery and then his struggles in the fall were the result of his concussion. It would be comforting if that was the case... regardless I'm glad he's playing well now and hope it continues. The sky's the limit if we get 2013 Rask back.

Reactions: Rubber Biscuit

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->