TSN: Bruins becoming legitimate threat in the East

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Our boys on a great run, fun to watch and are definitely surprising me, especially considering all the injuries early on.

Doing it with DK mostly on the injured list. I think this team has the capability to make noise in the playoffs but until I see this team start taking the game and winning games vs teams like we`ll see tonight in the Caps, there will always be a slightly cautious approach to how I view this team as far as being a legit cup contender goes

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
besides Washington, can't see Bruins losing to anyone else in the east in a 7 game series. Great opportunity to get Bergy and Krejci another playoff run which we've been waiting for a few years.

upcoming games with Montreal will show us how mentally tough they are, can't wait

Reactions: ashnathan

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
besides Washington, can't see Bruins losing to anyone else in the east in a 7 game series. Great opportunity to get Bergy and Krejci another playoff run which we've been waiting for a few years.

upcoming games with Montreal will show us how mentally tough they are, can't wait

I don't know if I'd say I can't see them losing to anyone, but I can certainly see them beating everyone else in the East. Luckily, we likely won't have the chance to face Washington until the ECF and by that point they'll have likely choked their way out again

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
Bruce Cassidy should definitely receive consideration for the Adams. Remarkable job, what with all the injuries and introducing six rookies into the lineup.

To think, he was severely maligned by a few posters here before he became HC.

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact coming my way!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
If healthy, this team has a serious chance at beating anyone in a best of 7 series. I am not saying that we should be planning a parade yet, but that we are not the cheap filler that most HFBoards “experts” thought.

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
Bruce Cassidy should definitely receive consideration for the Adams. Remarkable job, what with all the injuries and introducing six rookies into the lineup.

To think, he was maligned by a few posters here before he became HC.

I was among those who did not think he could do better than Claude. Happily eating crow since essentially as soon as he started

Reactions: sarge88

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
I want a 4/5 Leafs matchup

Not saying Boston wins but would be great theatre

I'd sign up right now for game 7 in Toronto with a healthy team

Agreed, dead on. They may lose, but I'm signing up for game 7 in TOR every day of the week. Would be a patented Bruins 3-1 win, Bergeron 2 goals, Marchand empty net, Tuukka stands on his head. Bruins fans chant thank you Raycroft in the streets.

maxl7

Jun 14, 2017
I was among those who did not think he could do better than Claude. Happily eating crow since essentially as soon as he started
I'd kill to see what Claude could do with *this* roster. McAvoy coached by Julien? Yes, please.

With that said, after a shaky start to the season, Cassidy has really got them playing well. Changed up his breakouts and neutral zone puck movement and things have really paid off. Kudos to him.

Reactions: Glove Malfunction

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
Agreed, dead on. They may lose, but I'm signing up for game 7 in TOR every day of the week. Would be a patented Bruins 3-1 win, Bergeron 2 goals, Marchand empty net, Tuukka stands on his head. Bruins fans chant thank you Raycroft in the streets.
Wasn't it JFJ who was the Toronto GM who graciously awarded Tuukka to us? Wonder how he feels about that now. Or, maybe that was the plan all along.:)

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
I'd kill to see what Claude could do with *this* roster. McAvoy coached by Julien? Yes, please.

With that said, after a shaky start to the season, Cassidy has really got them playing well. Changed up his breakouts and neutral zone puck movement and things have really paid off. Kudos to him.

This roster would suffocate as would I under Clode. Was happy he was around when NHL was slow happy he's gone now that NHL has sped up. He failed to help develop kids drafted in the organization to compete in new NHL.

Reactions: Bun cook

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Wasn't it JFJ who was the Toronto GM who graciously awarded Tuukka to us? Wonder how he feels about that now. Or, maybe that was the plan all along.:)
He was but he the story I heard years ago was if was ownship driven to win in Toronto and Bruins would not have taken other guy

Like Neely 'suggesting' to Sweeney to get Rinaldo

My big problem with Donny Hawkey was giving a freaking 3 rookie pick

maxl7

Jun 14, 2017
This roster would suffocate as would I under Clode. Was happy he was around when NHL was slow happy he's gone now that NHL has sped up. He failed to help develop kids drafted in the organization to compete in new NHL.
The kids that could actually hack it in the NHL did pretty well by Claude. Unless you want to make it his fault that Zach Hamill and Jordan Caron aren't NHL superstars right now.

Reactions: Bergyesque

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Lot of players Claude would've liked

Nash
Heinen
Backes
DeBrusk
Bjork
Acciari
Schaller
Kuraly

This is a strong defensive team

Heinen-Nash- Backes would have Claude's tail wagging

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
I want a 4/5 Leafs matchup

Not saying Boston wins but would be great theatre

I'd sign up right now for game 7 in Toronto with a healthy team
With the way Toronto is leaking shots against, do you expect their goaltending to continue to hold up and keep them ahead of the Bruins? I'm not sure. So, I'll call game 7 being in Boston. (If it makes it to 7)

Reactions: Bun cook

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
With the way Toronto is leaking shots against, do you expect their goaltending to continue to hold up and keep them ahead of the Bruins? I'm not sure. So, I'll call game 7 being in Boston. (If it makes it to 7)
Andersson owns the Bruins so far though

Reactions: ashnathan

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
They look destined for an epic first round clash vs the Leafs.

grant_g_leaf_fans_64011.jpeg

Son of Donegal

Stay-at-home defenseman with zero upside.
Aug 1, 2008
Maynard, MA
thomsonsafaris.com
Toronto fans point to the Bruins barrage of games, on the road, in January and February - and expect the Bruins to slide a bit, while Toronto enters the most relaxed stage of their schedule. I actually think the tough schedule works for Boston. They are winning and every line is pitching in. If they can play .650 hockey, they will be in a very good place by the end of Feb. The other thing is that the Bruins have scratched players ready to jump in and contribute if one or two of our starters need a night off. This is good for the team as a whole. Gets everyone on the same page heading into the the last 3rd of the season. My only wish is that the Bruins had another crack at TOR in the regular season. I hate how they only played TOR twice and both times in the fall while they were decimated by injury.

Oh well - guess I will have to wait/hope for a BOS v TOR 1st round tilt.

C77

Mar 12, 2009
Junior's Farm
Looking forward to a potential Boston - Toronto series. The teams would be pretty evenly matched. Unfortunately I see JVR parked in front of the net and scoring every game if we don't mix up the defensive pairings.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Toronto’s schedule for January features 13 games, 10 of them at home. The first six are on home ice and includes visits by Tampa — the first-place club in the East — on Jan. 2 and a visit Jan. 31 by the New York Islanders, who are three points behind the Leafs in the Eastern Conference standings. February sees home and road games with Boston, who are just two points behind the Leafs. Boston has gone 13-3-1 since Nov. 1, and nine of their 14 games before the all-star break are against teams currently out of the playoff picture. Toronto, which was second overall in the Conference a little more than a week ago, currently sits fifth, but remain just two points out of second.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->